HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by franke, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Aug 13, 2012, 09:52 AM
on the edge
United States, IL, Peoria
Joined Jul 2012
185 Posts
Build Log
Messy work benches

I have seen quite a few pictures on here that show work benches that are a complete mess with builds in progress and I wondered why they were so messy.

In starting my first build, I now understand the mess. lol

My idea to combine two Y6 frames into a Hex had to be scrapped. The actual weight of the empty airframes was considerably heavier than what is advertised online. So now I will have lots of extra parts to make repairs down the road.

Getting six 14ga wires plus two LED wires inside a 15mm square tube was quite the challenge. Using all black wires made it even more of a challenge but I wanted them to be less noticeable in the frame where they exit. Inserting the motor and landing gear bolts through all of those wires was interesting.

I made a mistake in locating the landing gear. I didn't take into account the curve of the landing gear so it is a few mm too close to the motor which doesn't allow for clearance of the lower prop. Now I have to move the landing gear over 10mm and drill through the boom that is stuffed full of wires. I will insert something inside the boom to seperate the sidewall of the boom from the wires so I can drill one side without removing the wires.
franke is offline Find More Posts by franke
to remove ads between posts