HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Michael Heer, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Aug 13, 2012, 09:08 AM
Stockton, Ca. USA
Joined Apr 2001
9,530 Posts
Discussion
New receiver packs and asking Castle for info on old ESC

I have had a little extra time for flying lately and have returned to my first R/C love which is sailplanes. I have a Climax handtoss glider (before discuss launch) and I have added a new receiver and found the battery couldn't hold a charge for very long. I was initially surprised at how hard it was to find the small NiMH and NiCad packs that were so plentiful 15 years ago. I found BatterySpace.com had a pack that would fit my hand toss as well as packs for my larger sailplanes as well. I have ordered them and will post in a couple weeks how well they work out.
I have sent an e-mail to get some info on a Phoenix 60 brushless ESC I got back in 2003 and used to power a brushless motor with an 8-cell NiMH and I want to go to a 3-cell LiPo. I no longer have the paper work so I don't know if it is LiPo compatible. Hopefully Castle can tell me. Castle responded within one working day. Sent me instructions for two possible ESCs and confirmed I could program it for Lipos. As always there service remains fantastic! Took me time to update as I went on vacation.
Michael Heer is offline Find More Posts by Michael Heer
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Michael Heer; Aug 24, 2012 at 11:54 AM. Reason: Castle Creation update posted
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 13, 2012, 12:08 PM
USA, IL, Malta
Joined Jan 2004
801 Posts
Is this your ESC? If yes, they have a PDF you can download.
Looks like your OK for 3s.

http://www.castlecreations.com/products/phoenix-60.html

-Rocko
rockom is offline Find More Posts by rockom