HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Aug 21, 2012, 07:09 AM
Registered User
Joined Apr 2012
185 Posts
Wing

It says it has a stiff wing with CF joiner in HK site!! Buck
Buck Shot is offline Find More Posts by Buck Shot
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 21, 2012, 09:12 AM
ICrashRCs
United States, TN, Memphis
Joined Jun 2011
1,196 Posts
Mine has shipped.
Only 8 left folks.
It is a JIT item.

I've been waiting for a plane in this style for a long time.
There is not another one like it out there in the 40 to 60" range.
The old plane that became the Phoenix 2000 is the only one close.
(please correct me if I'm wrong) (oops-there is the Blaze and Dynamic S)

I'm hoping to bump mine up to warmliner power.
Interested in max motor size that will go into it.
Also curious how balancing can be handled with a heavier motor/esc.
(hoping just running 2200s solves that)
Would like info on spinner/prop replacements.

This one's going to jump to the front of the build list!
IFlyRCs is offline Find More Posts by IFlyRCs
Last edited by IFlyRCs; Aug 21, 2012 at 09:27 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2012, 09:44 AM
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum!
Doubletap's Avatar
PRC (People's Republic of Commiefornia)
Joined Jul 2005
9,596 Posts
Yeah, this is a really nice size and very few front motor models exist in this size range, most are in 6 foot to 2 Meter size class, or the mini size class less than 1 meter, so this one is somewhere right in the middle and is small enough that it can be kept assembled for transportation, very similar in size all of the EZ Star styled models, which are small enough for ease of transportation/storage, but large enough to yield good soaring performance. Can't wait to get mine, should be here within the week.
Doubletap is offline Find More Posts by Doubletap
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2012, 01:49 PM
Registered User
Hacienda Heights, CA
Joined Sep 2000
341 Posts
Howzit Doubletap,

This kinda, sorta looks like a grownup Graupner Terry (one of my favorites)- stretched flat wing, flaps and ailerons. I like the sloper styling, and, as you note, nice transportable size. Looking forward to your flight impressions.

Regards,

Jim
JimO is offline Find More Posts by JimO
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2012, 02:18 PM
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum!
Doubletap's Avatar
PRC (People's Republic of Commiefornia)
Joined Jul 2005
9,596 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimO View Post
Howzit Doubletap,

This kinda, sorta looks like a grownup Graupner Terry (one of my favorites)- stretched flat wing, flaps and ailerons. I like the sloper styling, and, as you note, nice transportable size. Looking forward to your flight impressions.

Regards,

Jim

Hi Jim! I think you need a Walrus! It is a very unique model with the full 6 servo setup with flaps in an only 55" span
Doubletap is offline Find More Posts by Doubletap
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2012, 02:22 PM
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum!
Doubletap's Avatar
PRC (People's Republic of Commiefornia)
Joined Jul 2005
9,596 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IFlyRCs View Post
Mine has shipped.
Only 8 left folks.
It is a JIT item.

I've been waiting for a plane in this style for a long time.
There is not another one like it out there in the 40 to 60" range.
The old plane that became the Phoenix 2000 is the only one close.
(please correct me if I'm wrong) (oops-there is the Blaze and Dynamic S)

I'm hoping to bump mine up to warmliner power.
Interested in max motor size that will go into it.
Also curious how balancing can be handled with a heavier motor/esc.
(hoping just running 2200s solves that)
Would like info on spinner/prop replacements.



This one's going to jump to the front of the build list!

5 hours later, we are now down to 6 left!! I predict this model will be sold out by tomorrow morning!


Gotta get them while they're hot!!
Doubletap is offline Find More Posts by Doubletap
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2012, 02:37 PM
Registered User
Joined Apr 2012
185 Posts
6 Left ??

Where are there 6 left?? I saw them on HK and no mention of how many left. Buck
Buck Shot is offline Find More Posts by Buck Shot
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2012, 02:49 PM
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum!
Doubletap's Avatar
PRC (People's Republic of Commiefornia)
Joined Jul 2005
9,596 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Shot View Post
Where are there 6 left?? I saw them on HK and no mention of how many left. Buck

Look to the left and above the "Add to Cart " button, where it says "Stock" it shows a bar graph and the number left, Here is a screen shot of the Walrus real time inventory:
Doubletap is offline Find More Posts by Doubletap
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2012, 03:28 PM
Registered User
Joined Apr 2012
185 Posts
6 Left

Doubletap Thanks for the info. There are 5 left now!!! Buck
Buck Shot is offline Find More Posts by Buck Shot
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2012, 03:51 PM
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum!
Doubletap's Avatar
PRC (People's Republic of Commiefornia)
Joined Jul 2005
9,596 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Shot View Post
Doubletap Thanks for the info. There are 5 left now!!! Buck

Oh man! They're selling quick, if you want one, it's probably time for you to "jerk the hook" on this bad boy!
Doubletap is offline Find More Posts by Doubletap
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2012, 05:39 PM
Registered User
Hacienda Heights, CA
Joined Sep 2000
341 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubletap View Post
Hi Jim! I think you need a Walrus! It is a very unique model with the full 6 servo setup with flaps in an only 55" span
I dunno about needing a Walrus right now. Too many in the build queue, and not enough storage space. Besides, I'm kinda looking at the 3.4m Masala from Nitroplanes..

Will have to enjoy the Walrus vicariously, for now.

Jim
JimO is offline Find More Posts by JimO
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2012, 06:09 PM
Registered User
Bajora's Avatar
United States, CA, Petaluma
Joined Sep 2004
13,497 Posts
Way to go Stuart. Pretty cool to see you here, posting up in re a new HK product.
Bajora is offline Find More Posts by Bajora
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 22, 2012, 02:22 PM
Registered User
Joined Apr 2012
185 Posts
Walrus

The Walrus is on Back Order now!! If you snooze you loose!! Buck
Buck Shot is offline Find More Posts by Buck Shot
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2012, 03:06 PM
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum!
Doubletap's Avatar
PRC (People's Republic of Commiefornia)
Joined Jul 2005
9,596 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Shot View Post
The Walrus is on Back Order now!! If you snooze you loose!! Buck

Well I guess my prediction was fairly accurate. Were you able to place an order?
Doubletap is offline Find More Posts by Doubletap
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2012, 05:59 PM
Registered User
Joined Apr 2012
185 Posts
Walrus

Yes I got my order in yesterday when there was 5 left. Were do you get one of them crystal balls?? I could surely use one!! Buck
Buck Shot is offline Find More Posts by Buck Shot
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Hobby King 2.1 FC and Hexcopter in y6? Need Help... g00bd0g Multirotor Talk 2 Apr 11, 2012 12:17 AM
Sold Submarine 1/60 Walrus w/ D&E 3.5 WTC BrittB Boats (FS/W) 1 Mar 29, 2012 06:16 PM
Sold (1) Hobby King 5A Balance Chargers rdcskkrose Aircraft - Electric - Batteries & Chargers (FS/W) 5 Mar 18, 2012 01:36 PM
New Product Hobby King P-38 1.4m minirips2 Electric Warbirds 0 Sep 23, 2010 12:09 PM