HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Kauz, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Aug 13, 2012, 03:49 AM
Somewhere in the Black Forest
Joined Oct 2009
464 Posts
Gallery
Bristol Scout- Electric powered 1/6th scale

I built my Scout during Winter 2009/10 from scratch. She's a very good flying model and I'm absolutely pleased with her. Her wingspan is 125cm (49,2in.) and the length is 112cm (44in.). A complete build log with all technical data, a flight video and a lot of photos, shot during the various stages of construction can be found here:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1264085

A few days ago I mounted my FlyCam onto the model on two different locations, the first one was underneath the right side of the upper wing and the second one directly in the cockpit instead of the pilot. In the cockpit the cam was mounted onto a servo driven platform, allowing me to film to each side during flight. Here are the videos:

Scout mit FlyCamOne² am Flügel (4 min 18 sec)

Bristol Scout mit Cam im Cockpit (3 min 51 sec)

I uploaded the videos on a german hosting site too (RC-Movie.de). Here the music is more dynamic in my opinion because I had to take care of copyright laws on YT. Watch them according to one's own taste

http://www.rcmovie.de/video/2cb9ff45...-Bristol-Scout

http://www.rcmovie.de/video/f444cd53...Cam-im-Cockpit

Frank
Kauz is offline Find More Posts by Kauz
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Kauz; Aug 13, 2012 at 04:00 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 13, 2012, 05:26 AM
Love Flying History
United States, VA, Front Royal
Joined Sep 2011
811 Posts
Video

Awesome video Frank,
Looks like you had fun , and great prospective . Look forward to more videos in the future.

Loyd
mustangloyd is offline Find More Posts by mustangloyd
Old Dec 19, 2014, 08:29 AM
Somewhere in the Black Forest
Joined Oct 2009
464 Posts
Here's another one. Now with a lot more experience on this model and some aerobatics.

Bristol Scout-C (4 min 5 sec)

Enjoy,
Frank
Kauz is offline Find More Posts by Kauz
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Albatros DV.a....the third ;-)