SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 13, 2012, 01:31 AM
Joined Aug 2012
71 Posts
Help!
What Transmitter isbetter for me( Price ,RC and Simulator Compatible)

I recently go in the the RC game.

Specifically Helicopters.

I want to know what you guys think would be the best options for me.
Here is info I can give to better figure things out

I want to be able to fly simulator programs
Aerofly,Realflight,Phoenix
But be able to use the same TX to step into helicopters like 4ch cp and whatnot down the road

Is there a TX that will work with all these programs?

I see alot of talk about the turnigy 9x and Spektrum 6xi

So I assume these are good. But where is the best place to buy them?
When I look on amazon and ebay..they seem to be over 100 dollars. (The transmitters)(unless im looking in the wrong place)

i've been flying with the v911 for the longest..but understand that it cant be plugged to a pc.
I dont want to spend money on a TX that isnt multipurpose..and dont wanna spend a large amount of money on a TX that has to many options for what I would use it for

one day I would like to upgrade to things like
MJX F45
Esky Honey Bee CP3 or Walkera Genius CP ( It looks nice)

Thank you in advance
totse is offline Find More Posts by totse
Last edited by totse; Aug 13, 2012 at 01:13 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 13, 2012, 06:10 AM
Joined Mar 2011
1,326 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by totse View Post
When I look on amazon and ebay..they seem to be over 100 dollars.
Each of those sims you say you are getting is over $100, and 2 of them are more than twice that. Is money an object or not?
jeffpn is offline Find More Posts by jeffpn
Old Aug 13, 2012, 01:13 PM
Joined Aug 2012
71 Posts
At this point..the simulators arent the issue as much.

Im more concerned with hardware..and if the hardware would be compatible with them
totse is offline Find More Posts by totse
Old Aug 14, 2012, 06:09 AM
Registered Adict
Australia, WA, Drummond Cove
Joined Jun 2012
383 Posts
Realflight and Phoenix are compatable with the majority of transmitters.
For example the following outlines pretty much all the details about Phoenix
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1177005

I don't know Aerofly so can't advise on that but I'm sure if you google something like "Aerofly simulator transmitter compatibility" you will find the same info on it.
tignmeg is offline Find More Posts by tignmeg
Old Sep 08, 2012, 04:43 PM
United States, TX, Harker Heights
Joined Jul 2007
197 Posts
My Humble Opinon

Quote:
Originally Posted by totse View Post
I recently go in the the RC game.

Specifically Helicopters.

I want to know what you guys think would be the best options for me.
Here is info I can give to better figure things out

I want to be able to fly simulator programs
Aerofly,Realflight,Phoenix
But be able to use the same TX to step into helicopters like 4ch cp and whatnot down the road

Is there a TX that will work with all these programs?

I see alot of talk about the turnigy 9x and Spektrum 6xi
Totse...
Hi!!! welcome to the wonderful world of RC!!!
So.. right to the point without hopefully being to long winded LOL!!!

Heli's are awesome and having a transmitter that will handle everything from the basics to the advance flying capabilities is the BEST way to go.. WHY???

1. ya'll never have to buy another TX... It'll be a bit more expensive BUT in the long run ya'll be better off...
2. A Heli configured TX has all the switches and bells and whistles in the right place...
3. Having a TX with multiple model selection lets you have DIFFERENT setups for the same heli enables you to have learning steps you can grow into as you learn.

IMHO i would suggest as a TX a GOOD used Spektrum DX7 Heli version. Ya it can be used for planes as well but it's a great affordable choice that will give you years of dependable service. These ya can find good bargains on most the RC forums RCGroups, RC Universe, and of course there is Ebay as well.

NOW as far as Flight Sims go.... WHY spend upwards of $200 buck on a SIM when CLEARVIEW flight sim will do a great job of helping you learn as you go....
There's a mulitude of heli's included with CV.. PLUS there's an awesome number of all types of aircraft ya can import.... including most of the popular heli's that are currently on the market...
Ya can ALSO tweak every models parameter to tailor it to your own taste and style of flying.. the flight dynamics in CV for heli's are extremely accurate....
The biggest plus other then being a GREAT Sim... is the PRICE... $40 bucks!!!
That's it..... plain and simple.. Never ever have to pay a cent for upgrades as they become available and ALSO great customer support....

I use my DX7 will CV and it works awesome... and the cost for the PC cable was about 10 bucks including shipping on ebay...

Ya can Spend $200 buck on a sim OR pay $40 buck for CV AND buy a DX7 heli TX for around $110-150 bucks...

I hope this helps.... I hope ya have a blast... It's a hobby that will be there with ya the rest of your life... I know cause I've been flying RC models for 36 yrs...

Have fun!! Find a club with a GOOD experienced heli Flight Instructor...( a must because they can help with setups and make learning easier, faster and safer as well)

The DX7 buddy boxs extremely well and most of guys that are flying heli's in our club are using either DX7's of JR systems and both are buddy box compatable.

Go Fly.. have FUN.. Take a kid flying!!!

Banjo
BanjoTX is offline Find More Posts by BanjoTX
Old Sep 08, 2012, 05:35 PM
Joined Mar 2011
1,326 Posts
Is there an echo here??
jeffpn is offline Find More Posts by jeffpn