HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 12, 2012, 10:30 PM
Pelagicide
United States, MD, Gaithersburg
Joined Oct 2010
457 Posts
Discussion
My "NitroPlanes" Pet Peeve

This has long been a pet peeve of mine; and it got to the point I stopped going to their site b/c I figured what I wanted would be "Out Of Stock".

For example - I wanted to fly an electric warbird (ARF) (I build almost all of my planes from scratch, I wanted something to get in the air ASAP if we get the same wonderful weather we had here today)

I like the Airfield brand, so, I checked that option, and a total of 17 planes came up. Guess how many were in stock? ONE!!!! ONE!!!! What's that, you didn't hear me?

ONLY 1 Plane out of 17 advertised is actually available! And, sadly this is not the first time I've seen this - this is why I quit the site back in the day, and I think i will choose a different "go to" vendor; who doesn't advertise low prices for planes that are not in stock.

I don't really want to stop shopping there, so if someone can tell me I'm wrong, feel free. This doesn't mean I'll stop going to the site, they have a great layout, I just won't order from them.

Thank you and I am hoping this is a temp problem.
joe_crash is offline Find More Posts by joe_crash
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 17, 2012, 02:13 AM
North Carolina
Joined Sep 2003
2,252 Posts
Might be because "Airfield" airframes are FMS models, and they don't carry FMS models any longer. The Fruit stand now carries the FMS line of airframes.
sj3cub is offline Find More Posts by sj3cub
Old Aug 17, 2012, 06:59 AM
Dallas USA, TX
Joined Jul 2010
208 Posts
Who is the Fruit stand?
eagle1933 is offline Find More Posts by eagle1933
Old Aug 18, 2012, 01:22 PM
Pelagicide
United States, MD, Gaithersburg
Joined Oct 2010
457 Posts
As of when did "Airfield" aiirframes are FMS? Was just on the Airfield site - it isn't an outdated link either. But, I'll move on; you may well be right, I haven't heard anything though.

OK, go to Airwing warbirds, They advertise 6 different models, and 50% are out of stock.

The only legit sale was of Dynam. Seemed to have a lot of that. If you can give me a link to where Airfield is FMS I would appreciate it. If they have, I'd think they would alt least update there web page, wouldn't you think.

I'm not bashing Nitro - (only when I want something and it's out of stock with no known restocking.)

This is ONLY MY opinion - I'm sure I'm sure I'll get plenty of flack for it too, but GD, it feels good to vent (lol)
joe_crash is offline Find More Posts by joe_crash
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 19, 2012, 10:16 AM
I hate waiting for parts
United States, NC, Garner
Joined Apr 2001
7,023 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle1933 View Post
Who is the Fruit stand?
Banana Hobby, notorious for subpar electronics and terrible customer service.
Mike_Then is online now Find More Posts by Mike_Then
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Thank you, veterans
Old Aug 21, 2012, 12:21 AM
USA, SC, Greenville
Joined Sep 2005
915 Posts
Airfield and fms "were" one in the same.
Banana hobby picked up the fms line.
This has been discussed time and again in the electric warbird section.
edf nut is offline Find More Posts by edf nut