SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by super_dork, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Aug 12, 2012, 09:28 PM
Bacon
United States, TX, Humble
Joined Mar 2011
180 Posts
Trader Rating: 63
Sold
Great Planes Trainer 40 - LPU - Houston, TX

This is LOCAL PICK UP in Houston TX - or shipping at buyers expense - 52" wingspan isn't cheap.

I just got back from my Uncle's house. He pulled this down from his attic where it's been for about 20 years. He started it then had kids and never got to finish it. I told him about RCG and he asked me to see if it's worth anything. He had a NIB .40 size motor but was unable to locate it. So here's what we've got.

SEE PICS BELOW
Assembled fuse - needs monokote. Assembled and monokoted wing - needs some patching or recovering and needs ailerons installed. No electronics. Original kit/box/parts - instructions have been chewed up by bugs, so I don't know how useful they will be. 2 partial rolls of monokote and 1 new in package roll but they look a little bubbly from being in at hot attic in Texas for 20 years. Not sure if they will work or not. Misc parts including a fuel tank, push rod guides, etc. (I'll probably keep the sealing iron shown in the pics)

Specs:
Great Planes Trainer 40
Power: .25-.45
Wingspan: 52"
Wing Area: 546 sq in
Weight 4-1/2 to 5-3/4 lbs

I have looked on here and only seen a couple of these, so I don't know what it's worth. So, I'm asking for fair offers or someone to give me some advice on a fair price that I should ask for it. If it isn't worth much, I may try to do an electric conversion some day since I don't do gas planes.

This is LOCAL PICK UP in Houston TX - or at least $100 shipping at buyers expense.

Thanks for looking!
super_dork is online now Find More Posts by super_dork
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 20, 2012, 08:33 PM
mailman
United States, TX, La Marque
Joined Aug 2012
69 Posts
Trader Rating: 5
pt-40

you are just what i was looking for. i have ( or had ) a pt-40 till this sunday when the flying field gods got hungry. i was wondering if you would be willing to trade your kit for one of mine. i have either a House of balsa P-51 ( 43" ws) or a Hobby hanger P-47 (40" ws). both should be easy enough to convert to electric. money is tight or i would just buy the trainer from you. i am close enough to you to swap if you agree
uspsjuan is offline Find More Posts by uspsjuan
Old Aug 22, 2012, 12:51 AM
Bacon
Joined Mar 2011
180 Posts
Juan, I'm not into balsa or scratch builds, so I'm not really interested in any kits. I'd really like to sell this if I can, though you are the first inquiry. PM me a fair cash offer if you are interested and we can work something out.
Old Aug 22, 2012, 07:13 AM
mailman
Joined Aug 2012
69 Posts
i'm interested, just a bit cash poor righht now. still trying to pay for new roof. not into balsa? you in to electric foamies?....if i get some spare cash i will shoot you a note, but i will keep looking on this page to see if anyone esle claims the prize..lol
Old Aug 22, 2012, 01:15 PM
Bacon
Joined Mar 2011
180 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by uspsjuan View Post
i'm interested, just a bit cash poor righht now. still trying to pay for new roof. not into balsa? you in to electric foamies?....if i get some spare cash i will shoot you a note, but i will keep looking on this page to see if anyone esle claims the prize..lol
I am into electric foamies. I may consider a trade if you have something you are wanting to part with.
Old Aug 22, 2012, 04:45 PM
mailman
Joined Aug 2012
69 Posts
sorry, no foamies. just nitro and balsa. lol....unless you count all the plastic models too..lol
Old Aug 25, 2012, 04:52 PM
Addicted to RC
USA, TX, Houston
Joined Nov 2003
2,766 Posts
Trader Rating: 47
PM'd ya
YarSmythe is offline Find More Posts by YarSmythe
Closed Thread