HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 12, 2012, 09:13 PM
Joined Aug 2012
2 Posts
Help!
Talon X525 KK2.0 Setup PLEASE HELP!

Hey All

Let me start by saying I'm a total noob I've owned an AR Drone and thought I'd take the next step and buy a real deal Multi. I bought this used, they guy I bought it from had never had it in the air (most of it was built wrong in the first place) Had a lot of fun building it up and getting it so it's flight ready but...I have no idea how to program this KK2 board. Yes I've watched every youtube video on the planet pertaining to this and yes I have checked all of the forums (the big reason why I signed up here) and still three weeks in and I've had it in the air for about 2minutes total flight time and all I've achieved is broken landing gear and a headache from trying to figure it out. Any and all help will be greatly appreciated

So here's my problem:
I've got wild oscillation when I take off along with my pitch is way off, I've used any and every setting to no avail.

Here's My load out.

Talon X525 v1 (I think) 650mm dia
Turnigy 30a Plush ESC's
Turnigy D2830/11 1100kv motors
Gemfan 8045 8" props
Spectrum AR6115e receiver
Spectrum SX5e Transmitter
And the wonderfully frustrating KK2.0

If anyone has the same load out and even wanted to just post their kk2 numbers that would be a great step in the right direction.

Help me RC Group you're my only hope!
quadrogoat is offline Find More Posts by quadrogoat
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 13, 2012, 06:38 PM
Joined Aug 2012
2 Posts
Really? there's not one single person with the same config?
quadrogoat is offline Find More Posts by quadrogoat
Old Aug 14, 2012, 06:17 AM
Australia, VIC, Frankston
Joined Jul 2012
331 Posts
Patience me dear, patience lol

Someone will help sooner or later.
CH33ZEBURG3R is offline Find More Posts by CH33ZEBURG3R
Old Aug 15, 2012, 11:01 PM
Australia, NSW, Bradbury
Joined Dec 2007
238 Posts
Hey Quadrogoat,

Can you give me your main and PID settings from the lcd menu. I assume you're using Quad-"X" config??

Oscillations are usually due to either very high "P" settings or possibly excessive vibration. The vibrations from poorly balanced props and/or motors will give the gyros and accelerometers hell. They try to compensate for the vibes which can cause your oscillations.

Cheers,
Smithy.
knobby1 is offline Find More Posts by knobby1
Old Aug 15, 2012, 11:38 PM
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Nov 2011
949 Posts
Read the KK2 Q&A and instructions.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1675613

There are no shortage of KK2 tuning guides and it even had a manual.

The KK2 is not a noob board, it's an intermediate board somewhere between the original KK and MultiWii, so expect to do some reading and research.
Erknie is offline Find More Posts by Erknie