HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by JuzPlaneNutz, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Aug 12, 2012, 07:53 PM
United States, MN, Duluth
Joined Aug 2012
11 Posts
Trader Rating: 2
Wanted
Airplane kits, radio gear, motors and engines to be used in training

Looking for donations for a new program beginning in the northern Wisconsin and Duluth arrowhead region. I am part of a new program for school age kids in my area and am soliciting donations for teaching any interested student from 10 yrs to 18 yrs old about aeronautical science and flying in general. We will be using the local EAA Young Eagles program to attract new students By donations I mean servos, old radios, motors and engines (.049 to .40 size any condition) receivers (fm is ok), covering, kits, and or aircraft that you are no longer using and would like to donate to help teach kids the craft of building and flying model aircraft. I have some balsa I could use but not near enough for the interest we are projecting. Covering irons, old batteries (lipos, Nimh, Nicad) chargers, building equipment (heat guns monokote or any plastic covering films full or partial rolls,) would help us immensely in validating our program. I am also looking for even small models (small Comet, guillows or other manufacturers) kits from 12' to 18" wingspans that younger kids could build with some supervision. The idea we have is to get kids off of the computer and into building something themselves that they can fly and be proud of. As a hobby, the R/C community is losing our young to a virtual world. We want to try and pull some into the hobby and into aeronautics in general. There are so many giveaways and free items in this column that we could have used to teach. Can you lend us a hand? Thank you for your time and consideration.
JuzPlaneNutz is offline Find More Posts by JuzPlaneNutz
to remove ads between posts