SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 12, 2012, 08:03 PM
Joined Aug 2012
1 Posts
Discussion
hpi sprint 2 drifts better one way than other.. help!

I've installed new titanium turnbuckles and did a CS mod with hot bodys 18t front center pully. It seems to drift or turn better to the right then the left. My servo is on the right side, so could it be weight related?
Spectrum makes some nice metal gear servos for 100$, think that might have harder pull.. Some help please? Thanks
JdmJohnny210 is offline Find More Posts by JdmJohnny210
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 13, 2012, 01:34 PM
Canada, ON, Whitby
Joined Aug 2008
8,934 Posts
Are you getting equal steering through in both directions? Does the car sit flat when resting, or is it leaning to one side?

You shouldn't need a stronger servo at all, but it might need some setting up to get things right.
wparsons is offline Find More Posts by wparsons
Old Aug 13, 2012, 05:33 PM
Cotton Headed Ninny Muggins
Canada, ON, Kapuskasing
Joined Mar 2012
1,769 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JdmJohnny210 View Post
I've installed new titanium turnbuckles and did a CS mod with hot bodys 18t front center pully. It seems to drift or turn better to the right then the left. My servo is on the right side, so could it be weight related?
Spectrum makes some nice metal gear servos for 100$, think that might have harder pull.. Some help please? Thanks
My tt-01 does this, but this could be related to me switching out the nimh battery for a much lighter lipo, or just driver practice lacking in one direction. Not sure, but it's definately a pain.
Creepy1 is offline Find More Posts by Creepy1
Old Aug 14, 2012, 11:04 PM
Canada, ON, Kapuskasing
Joined Mar 2012
1,769 Posts
Just finished locking the front like the rear, and wow what a difference. I'd suggest you do the same. Drifting like a dream now in both directions.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 10:16 AM
Canada, ON, Whitby
Joined Aug 2008
8,934 Posts
Locking the front isn't generally done, even with a one way you still have a working diff up front. I would lock the rear first and see how that works.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 10:52 AM
Canada, ON, Kapuskasing
Joined Mar 2012
1,769 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wparsons View Post
Locking the front isn't generally done, even with a one way you still have a working diff up front. I would lock the rear first and see how that works.
I have both done.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 03:29 PM
Canada, ON, Whitby
Joined Aug 2008
8,934 Posts
I was suggesting the original poster only lock the rear. I don't know of anyone else that has locked the front, so I'm not going to suggest he does that.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 03:38 PM
Canada, ON, Kapuskasing
Joined Mar 2012
1,769 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wparsons View Post
I was suggesting the original poster only lock the rear. I don't know of anyone else that has locked the front, so I'm not going to suggest he does that.
A one-way is the same thing as a spool just without brakes so plenty have locked the front.
Last edited by Creepy1; Aug 15, 2012 at 03:51 PM.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 09:59 PM
Canada, ON, Whitby
Joined Aug 2008
8,934 Posts
Not entirely... A one way allows independent wheel speeds still when not under power, a locked diff is locked all the time. Anytime you're coasting or on the brakes a one way functions like a normal diff, under power it acts like a locked diff/spool.