SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by Murocflyer, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Aug 12, 2012, 06:37 PM
Promoting Model Aviation...
United States, CA, Tehachapi
Joined Nov 2005
25,456 Posts
Trader Rating: 59
Sold
Mountain Models/Laser Arts Switchback Sr >LPU SoCal & MidCal --Price Reduced

I recently completed a Mountain Models/Laser Arts Switchback Sr. Carefully constructed with patience and to the best of my ability, I believe she came out very well.

Film is Solarfilm and So-Lite

Components installed:
3 HS-81 Servos
1 HS-85BB (rudder)
E-675 Firepower 10 Sport (from HeadsUp RC)
APC 11x5 prop

If you are looking for an airplane with excellent flight characteristics, this is the plane for you. There is an extensive discussion thread here on RCG and I never have heard anything said negatively about the SB Sr.

I am selling this because I do not have the room to keep her and I really just prefer to build airplanes.

I'd like to get $195 for her. I think that is a fair price for a custom built plane. Let me know if you have any other questions and if you would like some photos I took during the build I can post them also.

Frank
Murocflyer is offline Find More Posts by Murocflyer
Last edited by Murocflyer; Sep 05, 2012 at 02:26 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 12, 2012, 07:06 PM
Joined Nov 2005
25,456 Posts
I forgot to include a photo of the bottom of the wing. I thought this would give her better visibility.

Frank
Old Aug 12, 2012, 07:09 PM
ODB VI September 2014
United States, OK, Weleetka
Joined Dec 2000
8,542 Posts
Trader Rating: 191
Wish you were closer.....
1987tc is offline Find More Posts by 1987tc
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Phone number change.
Old Aug 12, 2012, 11:04 PM
LcJ
Forever TMWT Pilot #11
United States, LA, Monroe
Joined Mar 2003
5,978 Posts
Trader Rating: 80
I know the feeling. Great build Frank.
LcJ is offline Find More Posts by LcJ
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RC Logger's Eye One Xtreme Quad
Old Aug 13, 2012, 12:00 AM
Joined Nov 2005
25,456 Posts
Thanks Gentlemen! We'll see if she sells, but if not, I know I'll have a sweet plane to fly in my future.

Frank
Old Aug 13, 2012, 09:38 AM
ODB VI September 2014
Joined Dec 2000
8,542 Posts
Yup if no one buys it you sure will! I have to say that if anyone in your area is looking for a nice plane that fits that category they would not find a better choice!
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 13, 2012, 11:43 PM
Joined Nov 2005
25,456 Posts
You may not remember this Wes, but you were the guy that turned me on to MM airplanes way back in the day. Funny how that works out.

BTW, I heard you on the RCG podcast. Not sure which number it was, but it was cool to hear you talk about the Dust Bowl Fly In. You did a good job explaining it all. Congrats in its success.

Frank
Old Aug 14, 2012, 12:44 AM
ODB VI September 2014
Joined Dec 2000
8,542 Posts
Thanks Frank. Even tough building has become pretty difficult for me. Mountain Models planes are still my favorite.
I remember Karen telling me years ago that I had ordered so many planes from them that she had memorized my shipping information. There were times I would have 4 of their kits under construction at the same time!

Thanks for the kind words about the podcast. And the fly in. Hard to believe this will be number 4!
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 15, 2012, 03:53 AM
Joined Nov 2005
25,456 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1987tc View Post
Thanks Frank. Even tough building has become pretty difficult for me. Mountain Models planes are still my favorite.
I remember Karen telling me years ago that I had ordered so many planes from them that she had memorized my shipping information. There were times I would have 4 of their kits under construction at the same time!

Thanks for the kind words about the podcast. And the fly in. Hard to believe this will be number 4!
Time sure does fly doesn't it. You have done a great job with it and I hope one day it will be a popular as SEFF. Of course that may be too big of a headache to handle I suspect. But just think how cool it would be to be able to raise that much money for MS research if something like that could be possible?

Frank
Old Aug 15, 2012, 09:56 PM
ODB VI September 2014
Joined Dec 2000
8,542 Posts
Yeah it would be great. And I would love to see it keep growing and raise a LOT of money for MS research!
It is funny how fast time seems to pass. It is hard to believe it has been almost 12 years since I first joined this site too!
I have gained a lot of good things from this site. And tried in some small way to contribute to it.

Sorry for the off topic trip down memory lane!
Some one near Frank needs to buy this plane! You will love the way they fly! And you can see how nice a build it is.
Wes
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 19, 2012, 11:26 PM
Joined Nov 2005
25,456 Posts
Quote:
Yeah it would be great. And I would love to see it keep growing and raise a LOT of money for MS research!
It is funny how fast time seems to pass. It is hard to believe it has been almost 12 years since I first joined this site too!
I have gained a lot of good things from this site. And tried in some small way to contribute to it.

Sorry for the off topic trip down memory lane!
Some one near Frank needs to buy this plane! You will love the way they fly! And you can see how nice a build it is.
Wes
You've done a lot here Wes and you have done a wonderful job with the Dust Bowl! You should be very proud of your accomplishments.

Oh and I cannot say the SB Sr has not been maidened anymore. All I can say now is what a sweet flying plane!

Frank
Old Aug 22, 2012, 06:27 PM
ODB VI September 2014
Joined Dec 2000
8,542 Posts
You are too kind Frank.
I cannot figure why someone has not bought this yet.... Think you might end up keeping it?
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 22, 2012, 08:19 PM
Joined Nov 2005
25,456 Posts
Quote:
You are too kind Frank.
I cannot figure why someone has not bought this yet.... Think you might end up keeping it?
Not at all Wes. I'm just being honest and candid -my typical MO.

FYI There are a few folks here on RCG that mentored me and helped me grow in my RC "career." I have not forgotten the help and instruction that they provided me and will always respect those individuals for it. As you might have guessed, you are one of those few.

And yea, it looks like I may keep the SB Sr. No loss that is for sure. She sure is a great flier! And I just purchased the SB (Jr) original version so I will have both to play with. How cool is that?

Frank
Old Sep 01, 2012, 06:44 PM
ODB VI September 2014
Joined Dec 2000
8,542 Posts
Frank if I have been able to help you or anyone in some small way I am glad.
I do try to be at least a little useful!
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 02, 2012, 11:26 AM
Joined Nov 2005
25,456 Posts
And some inflight photos.

I'm really surprised no one locally has showed any interest in this model. The planes are such great fliers.

Frank
Last edited by Murocflyer; Sep 04, 2012 at 12:35 PM.
Closed Thread