HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 12, 2012, 01:29 PM
India, KA, Bangalore
Joined Oct 2009
57 Posts
Discussion
Hobby King Banning user and Rigging Negative Product Review

Mr Anthony Hands of Hobby King,
This is Open Letter addressed to you. Please introspect and reply it personally.

Hobby King has been a 'Necessary Evil' specially for 3rd world country RC hobbyist like mine. But please don't continue to insult and marginalize your customer who pay you for whatever your (cheap) product deserve. Or are you beginning to think that you are giving some kind of 'Foreign Aid' to us, for which we should be quietly bowing down our heads?

Why don't you just change the title of the Tab below your products in HobbyKing.com from "Review" to "Positive Reviews" or better say "Testimonial", when you expect and "Enforce" positive reviews ? It was long back I was banned from posting in your Coterie "Hobby King Live" forum because I highlighter one of the corrupt and unethical practice of your organization.

Now just yesterday you banned one of my fellow flyer who for long had been a Blind Deity of your company, despite being smitten time to time. His only fault was that he posted a negative review of one of your trash product, of which your crooked Forum Admin jacked the user rating from 2 star to 4.

If you want to keep your company like this, "My way or highway", please, please, please remove this misleading, larger than life review system which your Admins regularly, deliberately and under official oath, rig and manipulate, making people fall prey to chose a product which you want to clear the stock. No matter how cheap you sell your products (specially now when for long you are not the only one!! ) It is still cheating to manipulate reviews by other users. I bet if you running you circus from US or Europe, you would have been cooling your heels in the jail.

To all ya Hobby King Fanboys, you don't need to become a blind believer to attain Nirvana. Nirvana needs enlightenment and conscious till the last breath. You can continue buying cheap items from Hobby king like me, without the need of bogging / bullying me for this post.

- Once a Fan of HK, just south of the mighty Himalayas.
ujjwaana is online now Find More Posts by ujjwaana
Last edited by ujjwaana; Aug 12, 2012 at 03:32 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 30, 2012, 11:47 PM
astral
Joined Aug 2012
6 Posts
I too am unhappy with how HK are treating me, I ordered a skysurfer with extra parts, only the plane and some of the parts arrived, I have been arguing with them for the past week and a half about my missing parts. I will NEVER buy from HK again.
astraltao is offline Find More Posts by astraltao
Old Sep 03, 2012, 05:23 PM
astral
Joined Aug 2012
6 Posts
Good news, after much to and fro they finally gave me credit for the missing items.
astraltao is offline Find More Posts by astraltao
Old Dec 14, 2012, 02:30 AM
Plane crasher
Joined Jun 2007
395 Posts
I always put a negative review when something i find in my opinion is bad, and get angry and fight with support when my shipment is lost or delayed, but! i learned over more than 5 years of a relation with hobbyking is that in the end you will get what you are entitled to, if its a refund or shipment resend or warranty or whatever you would face, the only issue is that they are terribly slow and you need to follow up constantly.

Regards
seedo is offline Find More Posts by seedo
Old Mar 26, 2013, 09:34 PM
United States, TX, Lubbock
Joined May 2007
38 Posts
Do not buy from hobby king soon or later you will be needing support concerning a product you paid for and you Will Not Be Happy!
sidewinderFSK is offline Find More Posts by sidewinderFSK
Old Feb 11, 2014, 11:34 AM
United States, CA, Hayward
Joined Jul 2008
28 Posts
Comments about Hobby King

I've bought a lot of stuff from them. While I could have afforded my RC hobby without them, I'm not sure I would have afforded it.

Yes, I Have Issues with them, but mostly it's the games they play that bothers me. I pay what I consider excessive shipping for 2500gm, and when my package arrives, it's 2238gm.

However, when you get down to it, I look at the "pile" in my cart, add up the cost, shipping, other fees, and ask myself the following:

"Am I willing to pay that much for those parts/airplanes/batteries/etc.?"

The answer is generally yes, and I generally cannot find a cheaper source.

In the thousands of $'s I've spent there, I've received 1 (ONE) incorrect order. An under $20 edf fan unit that was mispackaged (had the right part # on the box, just the wrong box and part). I've also received 1 (ONE) DOA FrSky rx, a $20 part (that I was able to return via the US rep - Kudos to Aloft Hobbies!) a year or so later. I'll add that it's about the same price to buy most FrSky stuff (which I highly recommend) from Aloft than from HK. Aloft is in CA, so I have to pay 9% sales tax, but they're also about 25 miles away, so I can drive over, and they ship very reasonably.

Did I try to return either part? Not even. Just ate the cost, because I think that's the cheapest way to do it. That was also the first time I read the return policy, and in both cases, I was outside the 48 hour window, and that's part of why I didn't bother.

I do recommend everyone read their return policy. IIRC, you need to weigh your package, including all packing material, to within 5mg (about 1/8 oz), make any claims within 48 hours, and I think photograph the contents. I weight the package before I open it.

Go into the transaction assuming there is no return policy. In my experience, they are very, very good at sending you the right stuff. If they had better customer service, they'd have to hire more people, and that would mean higher prices. As I said, I do Have Some Issues with them, but I also think they are very conscientious about getting your order correct, and even eating the wrong/broken stuff, it comes to under 0.1% of what I've spent there. I can live with that overcharge rate.

Seriously, when they are shipping from Hong Kong, it's a significant expense, so I honestly think that long term average, we as the consumers will spend less money eating the occasional mistake than by HK having a real return policy.

Support? If you need or want support, buy from your LHS. That's one of the things you get for the higher prices. HK does not sell support. Don't expect it.

I'll conclude that people I know have gotten incorrect shipments and HK has, to some degree, worked with them. For example, they shipped an acquaintance the wrong battery. Instead of having him ship it back, they offered to send the correct one for $12 (price on the incorrect one was about $20) and he kept the incorrect one. I bought it for $12, which was a good deal for me, and he broke even.

Yes, without a doubt, the company has warts. Also without a doubt, they fill a niche that I've very glad they fill.
sorenlaf is offline Find More Posts by sorenlaf
Old Mar 11, 2014, 07:33 AM
Joined Aug 2013
23 Posts
Dear friend!

I suggest to not buy from Hobbyking anymore.
Many order was not shipped, payment were not refunded despite customer request.
It looks Hobbyking cheats their customers.
Probably will close within a few months.
Try to find other places even a bit expensive.

Please share if you have sam experience!
Thanks
saabi is offline Find More Posts by saabi
Old Mar 11, 2014, 08:00 AM
Suspended Account
United States, CT, Hartford
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
I no have sam experience. I like HK they like friend to me make good toy and price many fair. many people make try to say HK go away, I make big laugh! HK here to stay
porcia83 is offline Find More Posts by porcia83
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Mar 11, 2014, 09:44 AM
Joined Aug 2013
23 Posts
Hobbyking cheats

We had the same experience before as you. We ordered many times without problems. But things are changed...
We have payed order since 2013 oktober and never arrived. They do not refund the money.... And this happened again and again with my friends. It is simple cheating...

Quote:
Originally Posted by porcia83 View Post
I no have sam experience. I like HK they like friend to me make good toy and price many fair. many people make try to say HK go away, I make big laugh! HK here to stay
Old Mar 11, 2014, 01:45 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by saabi View Post
We had the same experience before as you. We ordered many times without problems. But things are changed...
We have payed order since 2013 oktober and never arrived. They do not refund the money.... And this happened again and again with my friends. It is simple cheating...
No, it's not cheating. And who lets an order go 5 months without getting a refund. Did you use a Credit card or Paypal. What country are you in?
Old Mar 12, 2014, 01:56 PM
Joined Aug 2013
23 Posts
Quote:
No, it's not cheating. And who lets an order go 5 months without getting a refund. Did you use a Credit card or Paypal. What country are you in?
Dear very clever porcia83,

You looks like a HK employed person.
Of course we have many conversation on the last months with HK customer service. We got many promises to investigate our packages and asking us to be patient. After at least 10 issue tickets and several request refunding money...patient has gone after 5 months.
It is very simple to see HK doesn't want to refund money or send us another package.
It is called cheating.
HK cheats!!
Old Mar 12, 2014, 02:08 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
So did you pay with a PP account or credit card?
Old Mar 15, 2014, 03:44 PM
Joined Aug 2013
23 Posts
Quote:
So did you pay with a PP account or credit card?
from PP
Old Mar 18, 2014, 02:37 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
so what happened when you filed your complaint with PP?
Old May 23, 2014, 10:47 AM
India, KA, Bangalore
Joined Oct 2009
57 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by saabi View Post
Dear very clever porcia83,

After at least 10 issue tickets and several request refunding money...patient has gone after 5 months.

It is very simple to see HK doesn't want to refund money or send us another package.

It is called cheating.

HK cheats!!

Why don't you put your entire conversation here for people to read. Mr Hands is lucky to operate from a country where such business ethics don't attract any punishment

I recently receive a GPS which was DOA . But many details about that GPS were hidden. You get what you pay but luring people to put fancy review is also wrong .
ujjwaana is online now Find More Posts by ujjwaana