SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 11, 2012, 07:34 PM
Joined Aug 2012
2 Posts
Discussion
How do I conect up retracts and sequencer Hobby King P40

HELP PLEASE!

Just bought a giant Scale Hobbyking P 40. Typically the instructions are pants but the worst is they do not tell you how to connect all the spagetti from the various servos, retracts, flaps ,ailerons etc up to the receiver.
Its my first go at retracts etc and I would be very grateful if any experts out there could tell me which plug to put in which socket in case I burn something out!
I've tried Hobbyking but they are useless as usual.
Many thanks

Scrauper
Scrauper is offline Find More Posts by Scrauper
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 11, 2012, 08:15 PM
Coy, peruser of worlds
Augusta, KS USA
Joined Dec 2007
4,893 Posts
Scrauper -

On the sequencer, plugs will go white wire to the inside of the unit, black to the outside.

Be sure to check out the "Big, big, big ..." Hobby King P-40 thread. If this is your first airplane of this caliber, you'll need more information. This P-40N is a gem in some ways but tests even seasoned modelers due to the work needed to get it flight worthy, especially the retracts.

I messed up getting the plugs correct at the sequencer, didn't harm a thing. One way it works, the other it doesn't. It has a monitor l.e.d. to help.

Edit : The feed wire from the sequencer goes into ch. 5 on your rxr. The labelled wires from the retracts and gear doors go into the labelled ports on the sequencer, black wire to the outside.

They furnish "Y" harnesses to combine the wiring from the two wings. Thus, both ailerons will "Y" into one and it will go to the ail. port on your rxr. Same for the flaps ("Y" into port #6), retracts, and gear doors. All are pretty well labeled.
gnats82 is offline Find More Posts by gnats82
Last edited by gnats82; Aug 11, 2012 at 08:54 PM.
Old Aug 11, 2012, 08:22 PM
Prescott, Arizona
Joined Feb 2010
6,780 Posts
Here is the thread.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...&highlight=big
TripleW is online now Find More Posts by TripleW
Old Aug 12, 2012, 09:14 AM
Joined Aug 2012
2 Posts
Thanks guys, thats a big help, I think I may have sussed it out now. Couldn't have done it without you!
Scrauper is offline Find More Posts by Scrauper