HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 11, 2012, 05:19 AM
Thornleigh - 20k N of Sydney,N.S.W.,AUSTRALIA
Joined Aug 2001
740 Posts
Discussion
A little praise for HobbyKing.

G'Day all,

Some time since I've found the need to post anything lately, but thought it appropriate to do so this time.
I have 'ranted' in the past about some dubious things that have happened to this Little Black Duck when ordering from Hobbyking in the past, especially now that anything bought from them recently has been completed without any problems.
However an item I wanted to buy was on Backorder, and as I've previously advised that Backordered items should never be purchased until they are back in stock, I decided, purely as an experiment to order it anyway because I didn't require it urgently. This was just to see how long it would take to complete the order when the item was back in stock, and whether an item bought and paid for in advance would have the order finalized almost immediately.
Well, to cut a long story short, it took less than 24hrs to have the Backorder finalised, processed and despatched.
Can't complain.
However I still suggest that unless you are prepared to wait, that Backordered items should not be bought and paid for in advance.
All in all I have recently found that HK's CS especially has been extremely helpful in fixing an ordering problem I had which was no fault of theirs, purely a PC problem my end.
Daffy.
Little Black Duck is offline Find More Posts by Little Black Duck
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 11, 2012, 05:44 AM
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Jul 2011
288 Posts
All depends on timing, and which warehouse you're buying from. Sometimes you get lucky with restocking, often not. FWIW, Honkers seems to get restocked much more often than AU. No idea about the other regional warehouses, but I suspect they're much the same.
cold wombat is offline Find More Posts by cold wombat
Old Aug 11, 2012, 08:04 AM
Joined Aug 2001
740 Posts
Forgot to add
The order was for a Tx Lipo for my Dx7s ... It'll be interesting to see how long it takes to get here being a restricted Postal item ... And where it goes to eventually get here.
No problem with HK HKG though.
Daffy.
Old Aug 11, 2012, 08:02 PM
United States, CA, Escondido
Joined Dec 2004
38 Posts
I ordered 3 lipos from the US warehouse and though the USPS managed to lose them between my local post office and my office; they were ordered on the August 2nd, shipped on the 4th, and arrived at my local post office on the 6th. My 1st order from the International Warehouse was also delivered in a very timely manner.

I'll continue to buy from HK.
chickenhawk is offline Find More Posts by chickenhawk
Old Aug 11, 2012, 08:15 PM
United States, MI, Paw Paw
Joined Sep 2011
4,104 Posts
Man get the tinfoil hats out.. Now everyone thinks you both work for hk lol. I suspect the anti-hk mafia will arrive shortly!

Placed an order for a new hawker seafury as I totaled mine and it should be here Monday. I ordered it on Tuesday and paid for 5-6 day shipping. Not too bad for $12 shipped
3d astronaut is offline Find More Posts by 3d astronaut
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Fatshark Attitude 1.3ghz
Old Aug 11, 2012, 08:16 PM
United States, MI, Paw Paw
Joined Sep 2011
4,104 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Black Duck View Post
Forgot to add
The order was for a Tx Lipo for my Dx7s ... It'll be interesting to see how long it takes to get here being a restricted Postal item ... And where it goes to eventually get here.
No problem with HK HKG though.
Daffy.
I could never understand why people spend $50+ on the spektrum lipo when you can get practically any $7 lipo to do the EXACT SAME THING lol..
3d astronaut is offline Find More Posts by 3d astronaut
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Fatshark Attitude 1.3ghz
Old Aug 11, 2012, 08:20 PM
United States, CA, Pinole
Joined Jan 2009
791 Posts
This will not make a certain poster very happy...
imgumby
imgumby is offline Find More Posts by imgumby
Last edited by imgumby; Aug 18, 2012 at 11:44 AM.
Old Aug 11, 2012, 08:52 PM
on the edge
United States, IL, Peoria
Joined Jul 2012
185 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by imgumby View Post
This will not make a certain poster very happy...
He who must not be named.... lol
franke is offline Find More Posts by franke
Old Aug 12, 2012, 02:42 AM
Joined Aug 2001
740 Posts
P.s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudflying View Post
I could never understand why people spend $50+ on the spektrum lipo when you can get practically any $7 lipo to do the EXACT SAME THING lol..
No Cloudy, Neither could I.
There were a couple of other sources where I could have bought this specific Tx Lipo, but none as inexpensive as the Turnigy version from H/king, which is identical, and only has a different label.
The 'genuine' Spektrum Tx Lipo for the DX8 or DX7s was a rip off, when all the other sources could sell it for far less than Horizons, or their agents, are asking for it.?..
However, I am definitely not a H/King 'toady', having had a few problems with them earlier, most eventually fixed, but I definitely am still a Spektrum devotee as far as their products and services are concerned. Here I can quote from personal experience, the problem that they had with the earlier Rx which was replaced with the AR6255, with an apology for any problems this may have caused, and they even gave me a baseball cap as a softener, although some cynic will say that was only free advertising, I thought it was a nice gesture.
Probably never wear it though ... Just not my style! ...
Daffy.
Old Aug 12, 2012, 03:37 AM
Joined Dec 2004
38 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by imgumby View Post
This will not make a certain poster very happy... Ya'll must be paid shills or trolls ...

imgumby
Actually I'm a "mole" and was planted here by the KGB oops! "HK" back in 2004...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudflying View Post
Man get the tinfoil hats out.. Now everyone thinks you both work for hk lol. I suspect the anti-hk mafia will arrive shortly!
Tin foil hats! LOL! Did you see the post in another HK related thread with the guy and his cat wearing tin foil hats.. PRICELESS!

Enjoy the weekend HKomrades
Old Aug 12, 2012, 07:51 AM
Heli nut
Australia, WA, Wembley Downs
Joined May 2005
434 Posts
I'll protect us!!

I wonder if that ^^ will repel the anti HobbyKing conspirators........

Have a great week y'all!
Trexmad is offline Find More Posts by Trexmad
Old Aug 12, 2012, 07:58 AM
on the edge
United States, IL, Peoria
Joined Jul 2012
185 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexmad View Post
I'll protect us!!

I wonder if that ^^ will repel the anti HobbyKing conspirators........
No, no it won't but there is a spray available that helps.
franke is offline Find More Posts by franke
Old Aug 12, 2012, 09:43 AM
Heli nut
Australia, WA, Wembley Downs
Joined May 2005
434 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by franke View Post
No, no it won't but there is a spray available that helps.
Is it made from EPO essence ?
Trexmad is offline Find More Posts by Trexmad
Old Aug 12, 2012, 10:10 PM
Dude, I do fly all day long!
San Jose, California
Joined Dec 2007
5,828 Posts
I admitted and openly posted my HK paycheck for all to see, but I don't think they took me seriously.

I mean what gives- if you say you aren't you're acused, but if you openly admit you're told you're not telling the truth. I give up and I guess I'll just play along- more fun that way
rcalldaylong is offline Find More Posts by rcalldaylong
Old Aug 12, 2012, 11:03 PM
Joined Dec 2004
38 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcalldaylong View Post
I admitted and openly posted my HK paycheck for all to see, but I don't think they took me seriously.
I'm thinking that maybe a percentage of your HK pay is being paid to you in HK stock, which would might not be shown on your HK paystub.

Nice try ..

LOL!

Wishing everyone a great week!

CH