HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 10, 2012, 05:26 PM
United States, CO, Denver
Joined Jan 2007
182 Posts
Discussion
Blade 130X Tail Grip Flip Mod.

So I have been flying the 130X since it came out and have tried all the "fixes" with some success.
Recently I have had a problem, 2 separate times (maybe 3 if I think back to some of the first in flight failures). What I found was happening was that the tail pitch links were coming off of the tail grip balls in flight during hard collective "pops" or left to right tail inputs. This resulted in the bottom pin on the slider breaking and of course the helicopter would piro out of control and hit the deck.
I hate trailing edge control, so between that and the 2 repeated failures, I decide to give the "grip flip" a try.
Basically I just reversed the servo in the holder, reversed the tail grips, reversed the pitch links in the slider, and bent the rod to clear the tail servo gears now facing rearward and correct the new geometry because it is off to the side slightly now.
Test flew it and was very impressed with the "feel" of the tail. It felt more responsive, precise and best of all did not fail in flight from links popping off
Give it a try
Blade 130 X Tail Grip Flip Mod (1 min 4 sec)
t-rexn8 is offline Find More Posts by t-rexn8
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 12, 2012, 07:10 PM
United States, CO, Denver
Joined Jan 2007
182 Posts
Blade 130X Tail Grip Flip / Hard Flight Test (4 min 54 sec)
t-rexn8 is offline Find More Posts by t-rexn8
Old Aug 13, 2012, 12:31 AM
United States, CA, Chowchilla
Joined Aug 2009
959 Posts
Or buy a wk v120d02s
helikido is online now Find More Posts by helikido
Old Apr 08, 2013, 01:57 PM
Joined Jan 2013
4 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by t-rexn8 View Post
So I have been flying the 130X since it came out and have tried all the "fixes" with some success.
Recently I have had a problem, 2 separate times (maybe 3 if I think back to some of the first in flight failures). What I found was happening was that the tail pitch links were coming off of the tail grip balls in flight during hard collective "pops" or left to right tail inputs. This resulted in the bottom pin on the slider breaking and of course the helicopter would piro out of control and hit the deck.
I hate trailing edge control, so between that and the 2 repeated failures, I decide to give the "grip flip" a try.
Basically I just reversed the servo in the holder, reversed the tail grips, reversed the pitch links in the slider, and bent the rod to clear the tail servo gears now facing rearward and correct the new geometry because it is off to the side slightly now.
Test flew it and was very impressed with the "feel" of the tail. It felt more responsive, precise and best of all did not fail in flight from links popping off
Give it a try
Hi, why did you change the orientation of the tail servo instead of reversing the yawing channel? Wouldn't that have exactly the same result?
By "correct the new geometry because it is off to the side slightly now" you mean increase/decrease of the rod lentgh?
Thanks!
nougiw is offline Find More Posts by nougiw
Last edited by nougiw; Apr 09, 2013 at 11:44 AM.