HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Aug 10, 2012, 05:50 PM
Don't take any wooden nickels
finguz's Avatar
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Mar 2012
2,249 Posts
Discussion
Perfect tic-tocs and piro rainbows

I have two questions. One I'm hoping the answer will help me improve my own tictocs, the next just wondering how one would go about doing it.

1. How the heck do the pros do such clean tictocs? The tail barely moves. When I do them (only on the sim so far), even at my best, my tail moves a little back and forth opposite of the canopy side. When I see them doing them, it's like the tail is being held by something (which I know it's not literally) and the front of the heli just bobs back and forth. Also how do they do such fast side tictocs? Mine are somewhat clean (again, on a sim so far), but nothing like theirs. Theirs are super fast. How? More power, faster servos, better stick action(obvious to a certain degree)?

2. Nowhere close to doing these, even on the sim. But how in the Heck do they do piro'ing rainbows? Something to do with circles on your cyclic stick, perfect timing...??? Wow!
finguz is online now Find More Posts by finguz
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 11, 2012, 02:27 AM
Registered User
United States, NJ, Manville
Joined May 2006
1,578 Posts
Try putting some expo on your rudder stick so your tail will do much smaller movements when you are making small movements on your rudder stick...
skizziks is offline Find More Posts by skizziks
Last edited by skizziks; Aug 11, 2012 at 02:28 AM. Reason: mispelling
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2012, 03:56 AM
Registered User
Denver, CO
Joined Dec 2005
6,377 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by finguz View Post
--- Theirs are super fast. How? More power, faster servos, better stick action(obvious to a certain degree)?

2. Nowhere close to doing these, even on the sim. But how in the Heck do they do piro'ing rainbows? Something to do with circles on your cyclic stick, perfect timing...??? Wow!
Yes, to all of the above. The pro's are really that good. I have seen them take a normal helicopter, and do amazing things. So its not just the helicopter. But to do it fast requires more power, than most hobbyists will have. The often run them hard, to the point where people wonder if it will hold together.
Roto Rob is online now Find More Posts by Roto Rob
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2012, 08:55 PM
Don't take any wooden nickels
finguz's Avatar
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Mar 2012
2,249 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skizziks View Post
Try putting some expo on your rudder stick so your tail will do much smaller movements when you are making small movements on your rudder stick...
how would expo on my rudder stick affect a standard tictoc? I don't even use any rudder at all.
finguz is online now Find More Posts by finguz
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2012, 08:55 PM
Don't take any wooden nickels
finguz's Avatar
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Mar 2012
2,249 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roto Rob View Post
Yes, to all of the above. The pro's are really that good. I have seen them take a normal helicopter, and do amazing things. So its not just the helicopter. But to do it fast requires more power, than most hobbyists will have. The often run them hard, to the point where people wonder if it will hold together.
They're crazy! I hope to be able to do stuff like that with piros one day.

I've even taken a the trex 450 heli on phoenix and made it much more powerful, I still wasn't able to do the side tictocs I see these guys doing. Amazing.
finguz is online now Find More Posts by finguz
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2012, 09:48 PM
Registered User
P.I.Engineer's Avatar
United States, CA, Redondo Beach
Joined Mar 2005
652 Posts
expo on your rudder stick will make it less sensitive around center, so that if you're moving rudder while you're pumping your pitch, you'll have less interaction.
P.I.Engineer is online now Find More Posts by P.I.Engineer
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2012, 12:02 AM
Don't take any wooden nickels
finguz's Avatar
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Mar 2012
2,249 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrod155 View Post
expo on your rudder stick will make it less sensitive around center, so that if you're moving rudder while you're pumping your pitch, you'll have less interaction.
oh I see, you guys may have thought I was saying I unintentionally give a rudder control and it messes up my direction of the tictoc (I didn't look at it that way until now). No I meant when the pros do tictocs the end of their tail (tail rotor side) stays in the same spot in space, almost as if something were holding it in place and it becomes like a pivot point for the heli. Causing the heli to form a perfect V shape between back and forth. When I do them, my pivot looks more like it's about halfway up or at the base of the tail. Causing the end of the tail to wag back and forth, opposite of either rudder direction. The rudder wouldn't affect this. Wonderin the reason. I've tried changinmy strategy but I can't get them to look like I'm explaining how the pros seem to do them. Again this is just on a sim for now.
finguz is online now Find More Posts by finguz
Last edited by finguz; Aug 12, 2012 at 12:08 AM.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion MSR piros constantly after binding to DX6i - works perfect on the default Tx though?? jetvision1170 Micro Helis 4 Jun 21, 2012 09:03 PM
Discussion How to do piro tic tocs... x3dflyer 3D Electric Heli Flying 4 Jan 22, 2010 11:37 AM
Discussion piro tic tocks with a trex 450!!! driftinsequence Mini Helis 9 Mar 26, 2007 01:01 AM
Tic Toc EddieNewYork 3D Fuel Heli Flying 21 Oct 06, 2004 04:45 PM
FS TIC TOC motor glider Seattle area only fly2mike Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 0 Mar 16, 2004 12:53 PM