HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 03, 2012, 12:46 AM
Mildly Confused
UK
Joined Oct 2008
1,266 Posts
Well that's interesting. How are you planning to configure the cells and still get the canopy to fit?. Would be great if you would keep us up to date and please include your build pictures. I'm not sure if you've read this thread from the beginning, but I'm still waiting on delivery of mine. I'm told it has been released from customs so it should be any time now.
Paul 1968 is online now Find More Posts by Paul 1968
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 03, 2012, 01:10 AM
Low rates are for wimps
United States, CO, Colorado Springs
Joined May 2008
3,118 Posts
I'll see about the batteries. There are a few examples on Helifreak, I'm hoping to put them side by side. I have followed the thread, I hope you receive yours soon!
bwoollia is offline Find More Posts by bwoollia
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 03, 2012, 02:52 AM
Mildly Confused
UK
Joined Oct 2008
1,266 Posts
I have bought this rather tasty little motor mount for my 550. As you can see it eliminates the need to modify the stock mount in order to use the T600 or Scorpion motors which use M4 fasteners and a different PCD to the Turnigy Typhoons and Align motors. An added benefit is that it allows the motor wires to be routed inside the frames preventing unnecessary stress being applied where they enter the motor. Two rails mount into the side frames and the mount then slides fore and aft for adjustment so the pinion remains inline with the mainshaft. I have used M4 x 10 Stainless cap heads with M4 form A stainless washers for retention. It's produced by Lynx Heli Innovations and is less expensive than the KBDD version.
Old Oct 03, 2012, 07:30 AM
just gotta mess with it!
North West Louisiana
Joined Nov 2009
4,559 Posts
You'd think that motor manufacturers would standardise on PCD's and bolts sizes! Good job they're not in the pipeline business!

Good looking mount, almost a shame it's hidden between the frames!
2Doggs is offline Find More Posts by 2Doggs
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Hk500 tt fbl
Old Oct 04, 2012, 03:24 PM
Mildly Confused
UK
Joined Oct 2008
1,266 Posts
Finally some good news fellas. Mine has been delivered to my mates address, He will be bringing it to me tonight. Pics to follow.
Old Oct 04, 2012, 05:24 PM
just gotta mess with it!
North West Louisiana
Joined Nov 2009
4,559 Posts
Hope it's finally made it to you in good nick! Look forward to the pics! You should get one of the post marks!
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 04, 2012, 05:43 PM
ich liebe Rc Hubschrauber
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Aug 2012
3,139 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul 1968 View Post
Finally some good news fellas. Mine has been delivered to my mates address, He will be bringing it to me tonight. Pics to follow.
Holy smoke. Its about freaking time. My threatning over-seas calls got me nowher.ha ..Betting your build will be a quick one considering im sure you have every electronic and upgrade on hand while going thru the long wait. --On with the show --
Dejavu*Xion is offline Find More Posts by Dejavu*Xion
Old Oct 07, 2012, 02:32 PM
Norwich,UK
Joined Feb 2006
1,254 Posts
finally got to maiden mine today I think my flybarless X50 nitro will be collecting dust for a while.
Gaz-b is offline Find More Posts by Gaz-b
Old Oct 07, 2012, 02:42 PM
Mildly Confused
UK
Joined Oct 2008
1,266 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaz-b View Post
finally got to maiden mine today I think my flybarless X50 nitro will be collecting dust for a while.
I'm happy for you mate but more than just a little bit smegged off. I was supposed to have mine on Thursday, my mate (who placed the order) was at work when it was delivered so the old dear next door accepted delivery which was very kind of her. Except, immediately after delivery she buggered off for the weekend. I ask ya, who in their right mind accepts a delivery the buggers off!!!! So my waiting continues and it's just so frustrating knowing where it is but not being able to get to it. If she lived next to me she'd get a right bollocking on her return.

I have come to the conclusion if I didn't have any bad luck with this heli, I wouldn't have any luck at all.
Old Oct 07, 2012, 04:04 PM
USA, KY, Florence
Joined Aug 2007
2,983 Posts
"If she lived next to me she'd get a right bollocking on her return"

Does that mean you would rape her? restate that in American English please.
fpainter3 is offline Find More Posts by fpainter3
Old Oct 07, 2012, 04:15 PM
Mildly Confused
UK
Joined Oct 2008
1,266 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fpainter3 View Post
"If she lived next to me she'd get a right bollocking on her return"

Does that mean you would rape her? restate that in American English please.
No it doesn't mean that mate, made me chuckle though, I forgot about our language barrier, you see I speak the queens English........................(well Yorkshire anyway) It means she would be severely reprimanded
Old Oct 07, 2012, 04:54 PM
ich liebe Rc Hubschrauber
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Aug 2012
3,139 Posts
Because she is your friends wife I would think she would deliver it to you. Or at least make a phone call. I mean c-mon its a huge box. I would think it would be something important and anticipated. ...on with the rape. I mean scolding......It truly does seem as if you are snake bitten Paul just getting this model in hand. Karma owes you a near perfection kit for putting up with all this. ..
Dejavu*Xion is offline Find More Posts by Dejavu*Xion
Old Oct 07, 2012, 07:30 PM
just gotta mess with it!
North West Louisiana
Joined Nov 2009
4,559 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul 1968 View Post
No it doesn't mean that mate, made me chuckle though, I forgot about our language barrier, you see I speak the queens English........................(well Yorkshire anyway) It means she would be severely reprimanded
Hmm, can't recall the last time I heard Liz say "put wood in 't'hole!"
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 10, 2012, 02:13 PM
Mildly Confused
UK
Joined Oct 2008
1,266 Posts
Well, after all that waiting and messing about............................................. .......................................It's here, YAY!!!!!!!!!! Just going over the parts, so far all I can say is it surpasses the HK600 quality wise by a country mile, even my canopy arrived without so much as a scratch. I still have no intention of using it though. I'll post some pics up later.