SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 25, 2012, 07:28 PM
United States, DC, Washington
Joined Mar 2011
263 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Doggs View Post
Since we're talking about cyclic use, they should be fine - although cheap controllers like the CX 3x1000 and Tarot XYZ don't let you know what frequency the cyclic servos are being driven at. I would guess it's 200Hz - but I'd like to hear from anyone that actually knows!
You can modify the frequency on those controllers using the custom app that a forum member created. Check out the thread for them on here.
mrmj2u is offline Find More Posts by mrmj2u
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 25, 2012, 08:14 PM
just gotta mess with it!
North West Louisiana
Joined Nov 2009
4,851 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmj2u View Post
You can modify the frequency on those controllers using the custom app that a forum member created. Check out the thread for them on here.
Huh! A case of "snooze, you lose!" I've been away on business for the last few months, and haven't managed to keep up on those threads.
2Doggs is offline Find More Posts by 2Doggs
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Nano Tech 1800mah 4S 25-50c
Old Sep 29, 2012, 12:49 PM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Sep 2012
10 Posts
no comment
Sharky84 is offline Find More Posts by Sharky84
Last edited by Sharky84; Sep 29, 2012 at 12:57 PM. Reason: replied to wrong comment
Old Sep 29, 2012, 12:57 PM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Sep 2012
10 Posts
Hey Paul, (just joined the forum)sorry to hear about your ordeal with the courier. I received my hk 550 last week but waited a month before it was shipped. Hope they get it sorted and it arrives soon for ya...I know that feeling all too well.
Old Sep 29, 2012, 01:00 PM
Mildly Confused
UK
Joined Oct 2008
1,464 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharky84 View Post
Hey Paul, (just joined the forum)sorry to hear about your ordeal with the courier. I received my hk 550 last week but waited a month before it was shipped. Hope they get it sorted and it arrives soon for ya...I know that feeling all too well.
Was re ordered mate, it's in the country and up till Thursday was still sitting in customs. Mt patience is slowly evaporating away so it had better be worth the wait. I've been spending a little at a time on some nice goodies for it, not going to say too much right now, all will become clear when I am finally able to get everything together and upload some more pictures.

Edit; Welcome along by the way.

Paul
Paul 1968 is offline Find More Posts by Paul 1968
Old Sep 29, 2012, 01:38 PM
just gotta mess with it!
North West Louisiana
Joined Nov 2009
4,851 Posts
But when you do get it, Paul, you have no excuse for not uploading tons of pics straight away, and a full flight review!
2Doggs is offline Find More Posts by 2Doggs
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Nano Tech 1800mah 4S 25-50c
Old Sep 29, 2012, 01:49 PM
Mildly Confused
UK
Joined Oct 2008
1,464 Posts
I aim to please me old mate, I aim to please.
Old Sep 29, 2012, 04:08 PM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Sep 2012
10 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul 1968 View Post
Was re ordered mate, it's in the country and up till Thursday was still sitting in customs. Mt patience is slowly evaporating away so it had better be worth the wait. I've been spending a little at a time on some nice goodies for it, not going to say too much right now, all will become clear when I am finally able to get everything together and upload some more pictures.

Edit; Welcome along by the way.

Paul
Cheers for the welcome mate, I forgot to mention that there is a customs charge of about 30 that has to be paid before delivery. I wasn't impressed as this wasn't mentioned in the original delivery quote. Mine was delivered by parcel force so you might want to try giving them a call...this was one of the reasons mine was held up for so long. Well, I'm still waiting on some parts (esc, motor and receiver since Im using dx6i) but my servos, 3gx, blades and Align skids (only cause I like the orange :-)) arrived today so I started the build. I think you will be pleasantly surprised with the quality of the kit. Main issue for me were the damaged included canopy and the front torque tube gear which was binding with the antirotation gear. I drummelled the holes where the boom holder attach and slid it back (boom holder) about a 1mm and its now allgood...no need to replace gears. Main issue I'm having now is I can't get the main blade grips off. HK must of used cement to clue it on because it won't even budge! Apart from that the build is coming along fine and I'm planning post some pics v soon :-))
Old Sep 29, 2012, 04:17 PM
Mildly Confused
UK
Joined Oct 2008
1,464 Posts
Quote:
Cheers for the welcome mate, I forgot to mention that there is a customs charge of about 30 that has to be paid before delivery. I wasn't impressed as this wasn't mentioned in the original delivery quote. Mine was delivered by parcel force so you might want to try giving them a call...this was one of the reasons mine was held up for so long. Well, I'm still waiting on some parts (esc, motor and receiver since Im using dx6i) but my servos, 3gx, blades and Align skids (only cause I like the orange :-)) arrived today so I started the build. I think you will be pleasantly surprised with the quality of the kit. Main issue for me were the damaged included canopy and the front torque tube gear which was binding with the antirotation gear. I drummelled the holes where the boom holder attach and slid it back (boom holder) about a 1mm and its now allgood...no need to replace gears. Main issue I'm having now is I can't get the main blade grips off. HK must of used cement to clue it on because it won't even budge! Apart from that the build is coming along fine and I'm planning post some pics v soon :-))
No customs charge to be paid by me buddy, the order was place by a mate of mine as part of a deal. Mind I've been slapped by custome before so I know what you mean, stinks doesn't it? So much for free trade. I've built a few HK heli's in the past, a few 450's, the latest being a 450 Pro FBL which is very good indeed, a couple of 500's and a 600 which I still have in a MD500 scale fuselage so the quality holds no surprises for me. Re the canopy, that's sorted, see my earlier posts. I had a similar issue when stripping the 600 head, use your soldering iron to heat the screw head, it will soften the thread lock sufficiently to allow you to undo the screws.

Edit, if you're using the T600 motor as I am, you will need to modify the frame slightly, the motor will not fit between the frames otherwise, just like on the HK600.
Old Sep 29, 2012, 04:22 PM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Sep 2012
10 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul 1968 View Post
No customs charge to be paid by me buddy, the prder was place by a mate of mine as part of a deal. Mind I've been slapped by custome before so I know what you mean, stinks doesn't it? So much for free trade. I've built a few HK heli's in the past, a few 450's, the latest being a 450 Pro FBL which is very good indeed, a couple of 500's and a 600 which I still have in a MD500 scale fuselage so the quality holds no surprises for me. Re the canopy, that's sorted, see my earlier posts. I had a similar issue when stripping the 600 head, use your soldering iron to heat the screw head, it will soften the thread lock sufficiently to allow you to undo the screws.
Ahhh yeahh...I shuda thought of that!!! These forums are a blessing :-)) Cheers mate

Nice canopy by the way..I ordered a (clone) canopy along with the kit:

http://www.hobby-wing.com/tl5501.html
Old Sep 29, 2012, 08:55 PM
Norwich,UK
Joined Feb 2006
1,285 Posts
Well I have me one of these and a couple of points I have found that others have missed the most difficult one to spot is the tail thrust bearings the outer of both halves on mine are the same diameter and very tight in the blade holder the assembler originally got over this by not fully tightening the screw most annoying as this is stopping the maiden in the morning .The other major point is the tail gearbox the front bearing can move from side to side about a mm so mine now has an align gearbox.and the pinion ran slightly off ctr when I was meshing it i noticed the tight spot related to pinion position not main gear.the other gears I changed out as I had planned to do so anyway other than that looks very good for the money.
Gaz-b is offline Find More Posts by Gaz-b
Last edited by Gaz-b; Sep 29, 2012 at 09:14 PM.
Old Sep 30, 2012, 06:28 PM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Sep 2012
10 Posts
Hey cheers for the heads up, I noticed today one of my tail grips were missing the bearings. I just thought that that was a bit sloppy on HK's part. I may replace with align blade grips. Hope you get it sorted soon
Old Sep 30, 2012, 08:19 PM
Norwich,UK
Joined Feb 2006
1,285 Posts
Quote:
Hey cheers for the heads up, I noticed today one of my tail grips were missing the bearings. I just thought that that was a bit sloppy on HK's part. I may replace with align blade grips. Hope you get it sorted soon
I replaced the thrust bearings with align and all seems well.
Gaz-b is offline Find More Posts by Gaz-b
Old Oct 01, 2012, 08:05 PM
United States, DC, Washington
Joined Mar 2011
263 Posts
My build is complete. Waiting on a set of RJX FBL blades to arrive. Check out my blog if you want more info.
mrmj2u is offline Find More Posts by mrmj2u
Old Oct 02, 2012, 09:10 PM
Low rates are for wimps
United States, CO, Colorado Springs
Joined May 2008
3,425 Posts
Just ordered mine. The plan is to run it on 12S with parts out of my deceased KDS Innova 600. Now we wait for the kit to arrive...
bwoollia is offline Find More Posts by bwoollia