HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 10, 2012, 12:21 PM
Mildly Confused
UK
Joined Oct 2008
1,370 Posts
Well I wish I had some good news to report. I was told to expect delivery of my helicopter on Friday as it was marked as out for delivery on Thursday night. Friday came and went and still no HK550 . I got my bud to chase the delivery with the carrier here in the U.K. They've only gone and lost the bloody thing . My mate and I are both furious, he also had an HK500 and a load of batteries on the order. The courier are guessing! that the package will be sitting somewhere in a miss delivery pile in an unknown location but don't seem too bothered about looking for it, what a shower of . I cannot believe their lack of care.

Just for the record the carrier is INITIAL CITY LINK.

Seriously not happy

Sitting here with everything ready to complete the build and every time I look at the shiny canopy I get more angry.
Paul 1968 is offline Find More Posts by Paul 1968
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 10, 2012, 02:26 PM
Smoke em ' If ya got em
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Aug 2012
3,376 Posts
That is extremely annoying when one is all stoked to start a build. With all the items we order in this hobby, It seems bound to happen now and then. Just this year alone my number has come up twice on mis-deliveries. And yes they do seem to take their time and getting it all situated. I say within 3 days your package will be at your front door. ( then again you are in the U.K --make it 5 days -joke- ) .It all still makes ya wanna kick the neighbors cat however..
Dejavu*Xion is offline Find More Posts by Dejavu*Xion
Old Sep 10, 2012, 02:34 PM
Mildly Confused
UK
Joined Oct 2008
1,370 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stixx44 View Post
That is extremely annoying when one is all stoked to start a build. With all the items we order in this hobby, It seems bound to happen now and then. Just this year alone my number has come up twice on mis-deliveries. And yes they do seem to take their time and getting it all situated. I say within 3 days your package will be at your front door. ( then again you are in the U.K --make it 5 days -joke- ) .It all still makes ya wanna kick the neighbors cat however..
He he , no joke mate you might be closer to the truth than you think, as for kicking the neighbours cat, I have 3 of my own to choose from first..........................that really is a joke, I don't go round kicking cats just in case anybody from the rspca is reading . Yep I'm cheesed off mate but so is my buddy who placed the order so at least it's a problem shared hey!
Old Sep 10, 2012, 02:46 PM
Smoke em ' If ya got em
Joined Aug 2012
3,376 Posts
*Off topic* But what the hell, we have nothing better to talk about till your order arrives. Here in the states the animal Lovers are called P.E.T.A . Reminds me of a thread that was started in this forum last year about a guy who made a little cargo bay for his Mouse/hamster in his heli to take on the joy of flight...ha ha ....That thread took so much heat over two weeks it was crazy. Ppl from p.e.t.a came out of the wood work to flame the poor guy. So yes we can talk of cat kicking. But i assure you we will never do it !!! So ....do you have all your electronics on hand for your build ?? just waiting on frame ? What batteries will you be going with ?
Old Sep 10, 2012, 02:54 PM
Mildly Confused
UK
Joined Oct 2008
1,370 Posts
Every thing needed is here bud, sitting in a neat little pile in front of the TV, much to the wifes annoyance LOL. As for batteries, I'll be using the same packs I use in my HK600 MD500. I have some Zippy 5000 6s packs, from memory I think they are 35-45C discharge.

Don't worry about straying off topic a little in this thread mate, I started it because I was genuinely exited over this product. Even though I love the hobby, I'm not too precious about my threads, strangely I have other hobbies outside modelling too, like motorcycling and shooting. (How's that for being off topic).
Old Sep 10, 2012, 05:12 PM
Smoke em ' If ya got em
Joined Aug 2012
3,376 Posts
Motorcycling and shooting...No kidding..I also was into both in my 20's and 30's until i just seemed to have drifted away. Then caught the heli addiction.. Bikes i had the Honda nighthawk 550..remember that one ? ( early 90's) then a Suzuki marauder, And last was a Honda shadow 750. ( never had the $ for a Harley) .. Way to many guns to list. 3 favorites were the 7mag browning lightning BLR.. Ruger 220 swift...And my fav. pig gun the Henry Big Boy.45 Colt Rifle . Was never really into pistols. I was an avid hunter and into bench reloading..You ?
Old Sep 10, 2012, 05:25 PM
Mildly Confused
UK
Joined Oct 2008
1,370 Posts
My bikes an sv650s, don't like Harleys, all they're missing is a chromed plough hanging off the back, LOL. As for shooting, I used to have a selection of shotguns but I got rid and surrendered my liscence for a previous partner a long time ago. Typically our government have made it increasingly difficult to obtain either firearms or shotgun certificates, so these days I do a bit of rabbiting with air rifles, again made more challenging due to UK legislation.
Old Sep 10, 2012, 05:39 PM
Smoke em ' If ya got em
Joined Aug 2012
3,376 Posts
Ahhhhh thats rite. (Not a dig) I sometimes forget all the strict rules in other country's when it comes to firearms..Here in the good ol U.S.A as long as your not a convicted felon or a mental nut case. firearms are bought and sold As easy as a gal. of milk. Hence why we have one of the the largest murder rates in the world. -doh- Ol dad bought me my first deer rifle when i was just 12..A Remington model 788 in .308 cal. ...That was alot of gun for my 90 pound britches..ha ...funny about a Harley Plough..lol....Its the American throaty engine noise and classic looks one pays for..Other then that they break just as easy as an Asian bike....** flame suit on** from all the Harley die hards....Back to Helli talk eh.
Old Sep 10, 2012, 05:52 PM
USA, KY, Florence
Joined Aug 2007
3,010 Posts
Shotgun certificate??? You need to "take your country back" from the government.

The Australians confiscated and destroyed almost every gun in their country a couple of years ago. Not unlike England did prior to WW2 (OOPS those Enfields would have come in handy about 1940).

In America we used to understand that govenment is like fire-a small amount is a good thing , but an overbearing government is as dangerous as a forest fire. Big Governments fear well armed populations. That is the basis of the US second amendment. It has nothing to do with hunting or target shooting.

I too used to be into Bikes- Bultacos, Hondas, Suziki, Yamaha ,Bridgestone, Triumphs I used to buy fix up and sell them for pocket money.

Way off topic sorry.
fpainter3 is offline Find More Posts by fpainter3
Old Sep 10, 2012, 07:59 PM
United States, DC, Washington
Joined Mar 2011
250 Posts
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...5#post22662989

Just updated my blog with information about the head! I hope this helps.
mrmj2u is offline Find More Posts by mrmj2u
Old Sep 10, 2012, 08:01 PM
Joined Mar 2011
250 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul 1968 View Post
Well I wish I had some good news to report. I was told to expect delivery of my helicopter on Friday as it was marked as out for delivery on Thursday night. Friday came and went and still no HK550 . I got my bud to chase the delivery with the carrier here in the U.K. They've only gone and lost the bloody thing . My mate and I are both furious, he also had an HK500 and a load of batteries on the order. The courier are guessing! that the package will be sitting somewhere in a miss delivery pile in an unknown location but don't seem too bothered about looking for it, what a shower of . I cannot believe their lack of care.

Just for the record the carrier is INITIAL CITY LINK.

Seriously not happy

Sitting here with everything ready to complete the build and every time I look at the shiny canopy I get more angry.
I'm so sorry to hear about your order. I just had a package that was lost by FedEx. I definitely know your pain.
Old Sep 10, 2012, 08:22 PM
USA, KY, Florence
Joined Aug 2007
3,010 Posts
I had a Dsm2 satellite that was stuck in customs in New York for 24 days. In total it took 6 weeks from the time I ordered it.Getting stuff from China is always a gamble.
fpainter3 is offline Find More Posts by fpainter3
Old Sep 10, 2012, 08:26 PM
Joined Mar 2011
250 Posts
That is one reason that I've begun to turn to the Classified section here and on helifreak... FAST shipping!
Old Sep 10, 2012, 08:39 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
11,739 Posts
P.E.T.A
People Eating Tasty Animals.
Another one I like is:
Join the US Army were you can travel and go to exotic locations, Meet new and interesting people and Kill them.
mhills51 is online now Find More Posts by mhills51
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 11, 2012, 04:31 PM
Mildly Confused
UK
Joined Oct 2008
1,370 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fpainter3 View Post
I had a Dsm2 satellite that was stuck in customs in New York for 24 days. In total it took 6 weeks from the time I ordered it.Getting stuff from China is always a gamble.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmj2u View Post
That is one reason that I've begun to turn to the Classified section here and on helifreak... FAST shipping!
Herein lies the problem, the package has arrived in the UK and been lost by the courier, who it seems are not that bothered about looking for it. As mentioned previously the order was not place by me buy by a friend of mine who elected to choose the cheapest possible method of postage. I have contacted him today and I have been advised that he has launched a claim against the courier for the loss. He had the foresight to insure the package for its full value. He has also placed another order for a second 550 with HK on my behalf. Should the first order turn up (doubtful) he will more than likely keep it for himself. With the benefit of hindsight I should have asked him to put funds into my Paypal account and placed the order myself. However the order was placed initially as payment for a model he got from me so he feels obliged to take care of the purchase.

So begins the waiting all over again, but at least I know he is doing his best to rectify the situation although I in no way hold him responsible for what has happened.

As for the courier, well you pay peanuts and you get monkeys don't you.

Still looking forwards to producing what I hope will be a useful build log for any RCG'ers who might be interested in this bird.

Paul