SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 09, 2012, 09:41 PM
mlggeek
Joined Jul 2012
17 Posts
Discussion
hi newbie needs help with fpv on apprentice

hey its mlggeek again and i just wanted to ask if i do fpv in th future where will i put the fpv cam
any places you guys recemend i put the cam at.
because the apprentice has the prop in the frount which makes it so that you cant put the fpv cam on top of the plane but what about the bottom?
im loving my plane and how it handles th wind amzingly
here in hawaii where i live there is a huge amount of wind( a avrege 10mph)
thanks for the support
smiles mlggeek
mlggeek is offline Find More Posts by mlggeek
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 09, 2012, 09:59 PM
Koo
A semi-advanced FPV newbie
United States, OH, Oxford
Joined Mar 2012
1,147 Posts
What plane do you have? Most people use pushers (like skywalker or easystar) because no problem with the prop. If you have a normal one, you just gotta live with it :S You can add a pan and tilt kit to get some height for the cam
Koo is offline Find More Posts by Koo
Old Aug 10, 2012, 01:01 AM
Chris “Fly Baby” Greenshields
United States, CA, Huntington Beach
Joined Aug 2012
28 Posts
I would just get a Hubsan Spy Hawk from Hobby People. Don’t have to worry about where to put the cam because it is already there and the radio that comes with it has a screen to view and record your flight.

http://www.hobbypeople.net/index.php...awk-basic.html
GoBeach75 is offline Find More Posts by GoBeach75
Old Aug 10, 2012, 02:58 AM
PowerTower
United Kingdom, England, Bristol
Joined Aug 2009
1,081 Posts
10mph winds.... I 'spose it's warm most of the time too !
Just 10mph winds... can't get over that ! I have to endure more like 20mph with gusty conditions too (anything from 20-35mph). You could have to point the cam down a little on the underside of your model, so the prop isn't in the frame. If you want to do real FPV and use it to fly, there are quite a few models with pusher prop just behind the wing (pylon-mount) that might be better. If you are doing aerial video (to watch later) how about a rear-facing cam, that can be quite interesting
RWData is offline Find More Posts by RWData
Old Aug 10, 2012, 04:37 PM
Koo
A semi-advanced FPV newbie
United States, OH, Oxford
Joined Mar 2012
1,147 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBeach75 View Post
I would just get a Hubsan Spy Hawk from Hobby People. Don’t have to worry about where to put the cam because it is already there and the radio that comes with it has a screen to view and record your flight.

http://www.hobbypeople.net/index.php...awk-basic.html
That plane is over priced and anyone, even a complete noobie will outgrow the plane in a week or two. Why not invest in a decent system and get FPV raptor or skywalker? Maybe even bixler (2?) would last for many years to come
Koo is offline Find More Posts by Koo