HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by JuzPlaneNutz, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Aug 09, 2012, 06:37 PM
United States, MN, Duluth
Joined Aug 2012
11 Posts
Trader Rating: 2
Wanted
Wanted- Sturdy birdy or Duraplane for training

Hello, I am looking for a sturdy birdy or dura-plane kit to be used to train new students at my local flying field. If you have just the wings or a wing kit, that will also work for me. Please contact me with what you have and what you want for it. Thanks.
JuzPlaneNutz is offline Find More Posts by JuzPlaneNutz
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 11, 2012, 01:35 AM
Joined Aug 2012
0 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
duraplane 20

I have a Duraplane 20 with a .25 that has been built but never flown. It has about a 48" wingspan and has ailerons installed. I also have installed 4 HobbyKing servos. I could sell the plane by itself or with a pair of JR 6 channel radios with receiver and trainer cord. If you're interested, I'm asking $125 for everything or $75 for just the plane with engine and servos.
I'm in the N. Texas area by the way.
nman980 is offline Find More Posts by nman980
Old Aug 12, 2012, 07:56 AM
Joined Aug 2012
11 Posts
There is such a thing as a Duraplane 20 that took a 20 to 25 sized engine. Does yours have the wing already covered and what color is it if it is. Thanks
Last edited by JuzPlaneNutz; Aug 12, 2012 at 10:16 PM. Reason: I was wrong in what I wrote to seller.
Old Aug 12, 2012, 06:41 PM
United States, CT, Newtown
Joined Jul 2011
10 Posts
Trader Rating: 7
I have an intact Duraplane Aerobat 40 kit. Is that what you're looking for? The cardboard box was damaged but the contents are perfect and seem to be complete.
kpblau is online now Find More Posts by kpblau
Old Aug 12, 2012, 07:41 PM
Joined Aug 2012
11 Posts
Duraplane

The durabat can be made into a regular duraplane I believe if you just leave off the Extra parts. How much do you want for it? I will be using it to teach low income and disadvantaged youth how to fly and try and divert their energies into our fine hobby. Have engines and radios already but let me know what you might have. Thanks for the response. I live in Duluth Mn.
Old Aug 13, 2012, 06:24 AM
Joined Jul 2011
10 Posts
The Aerobat has a straight wing design. DuraPlane also makes a trainer with dihedral, I believe. The Aerobat retails for about $66 on the internet. Can you do $40 plus actual shipping? I'll send it out U.S.P.S., which would be the lowest cost, or any other way you like.
Ken
Old Aug 13, 2012, 08:05 AM
Joined Aug 2012
11 Posts
Durabat sold!

Ken, why don't you get an estimate for shipping and get back to me. I can always get a trainer wing but the straight wing will be good for advanced training. Let me know what you find out. Dave in Duluth My zip is 55807
Old Aug 13, 2012, 09:43 AM
Joined Jul 2011
10 Posts
Will do tonight when I get home.