Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Nov 20, 2003, 10:34 AM
College Park, MD
Joined Sep 2002
4,714 Posts
Four week wait for new Phoenix 10?

And I thought I thought Razor motors were hard to obtain...

Placed an order last week for a new Phoenix 10 from the CC website and was notified by email that they are currently backordered on the new Phoenix 10s. They anticipate a four week delay in shipping my order;-( The flying season will be all but over then...

Might this have anything to do with the faulty units that needed to be replaced? Maybe it's a good thing I didn't get one of the faulty controllers.

They should put a notice on their web page indicating the delay instead of finding out later by email.
thunder1 is offline Find More Posts by thunder1
Last edited by thunder1; Nov 20, 2003 at 10:36 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 20, 2003, 10:54 AM
United States, NY, Mechanicville
Joined Mar 2003
1,203 Posts
Check out Dave at allerc.com I think he has the new style in stock.. I just got a couple from him, and they work perfect on a Himax 2015-4100
davensocal is offline Find More Posts by davensocal
Old Nov 20, 2003, 10:54 AM
Schumacher USA
Tampa FL
Joined Jul 2000
3,038 Posts
We are not retailers - we're a manufacturer that supplies a dealer network. 10's are going out to dealers every day - you should be able to find one in stock fairly quickly that way.

Thanks,
Shawn
Shawn Palmer is offline Find More Posts by Shawn Palmer
Old Nov 20, 2003, 12:02 PM
College Park, MD
Joined Sep 2002
4,714 Posts
Then why even offer your stuff on the web page at all?

I wanted to buy directly from you to ensure I have the latest version, etc. I don't want to have to ship it back later to get the latest release.

Now that I know what the deal is I'll cancel my order.

Maybe your reply should be inserted into the email that is sent telling customers of the four week wait...
Old Nov 21, 2003, 11:01 AM
Schumacher USA
Tampa FL
Joined Jul 2000
3,038 Posts
I agree - I think a mention of our dealers would be a great addition for the cases when we're out of stock.

Thanks,
Shawn
Old Nov 21, 2003, 05:44 PM
College Park, MD
Joined Sep 2002
4,714 Posts
This is a strange tale:

The order was shipped on the 18th and showed up last night. I received no email telling me the order had been sent so I cancelled the order from CC and placed an order with NE Sailplanes. I got a response to the cancellation email saying the controller had already been shipped after I placed the order with NESail. I was able to cancel the order with NESail so all is golden;-)

For backordered items, it's a good thing to email customers when the item is shipped since if that had been the case, this thread could have been avoided.

Thanks for your replies, Shawn, and thanks to CC staff for shipping me the controller. Most of the online retailers I checked last night were out of stock of the Phoenix 10.
Old Nov 24, 2003, 10:49 AM
Schumacher USA
Tampa FL
Joined Jul 2000
3,038 Posts
We're finally starting to catch up with orders - we're still making them like crazy though.

Glad it all worked out wel for you,
Shawn
Old Nov 24, 2003, 08:47 PM
Columbia, MO USA
Joined Feb 2001
715 Posts
Re: Four week wait for new Phoenix 10?

Quote:
Originally posted by thunder1
And I thought I thought Razor motors were hard to obtain...
Who is the official distributor for the razors? I had a couple on backorder with Global Hobby and found out today that they won't even be carrying them.

--Brad
VWtechie is offline Find More Posts by VWtechie
Old Nov 25, 2003, 08:53 AM
Schumacher USA
Tampa FL
Joined Jul 2000
3,038 Posts
Most of the retailers/distributors have dropped them due to lack of supply.

Shawn
Old Dec 01, 2003, 09:32 AM
Los Angeles, California
Joined Apr 2002
923 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Shawn Palmer
Most of the retailers/distributors have dropped them due to lack of supply.

Shawn
I have also noticed the shops are selling Himaxx like crazy. After all, you only make money when you actually sell something, and ship them; not just back ordering.
aau007 is offline Find More Posts by aau007
Old Dec 03, 2003, 04:40 PM
Time To Fly?
Gig Harbor, WA
Joined May 2002
690 Posts
3 week wait now. I wish you guys would put something on your website that said OUT OF STOCK. Is it really that hard to update a website with those three little words?

Dale
gobigdale is offline Find More Posts by gobigdale
Old Dec 03, 2003, 04:52 PM
Schumacher USA
Tampa FL
Joined Jul 2000
3,038 Posts
A lot of our dealers (who are set up to be retailers) are in stock right now - poke around, and I bet you can find one in stock somewhere!

Shawn
Old Dec 09, 2003, 10:39 AM
Time To Fly?
Gig Harbor, WA
Joined May 2002
690 Posts
Shawn,

I was programming my new controller. I went through each step per the instructions just fine. When I got to the end I centered my stick and unplugged the battery. Now when I plug in the battery I hear no startup beeps and I cant get back into program mode. My servos are the only things that work. Any idea what I did wrong?

Dale
gobigdale is offline Find More Posts by gobigdale