HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 09, 2012, 03:58 PM
Joined Apr 2012
42 Posts
Discussion
Best mods to make to a Parkzone Micro F4U Corsair?

I just wanted to know what the best things to adjust and modify wud be on this plane, and also, are thr any weak places I should put tape or anything else? Also what glue would be best to use on micro models as I've cracked the top bit of the wing where it connects to the fuselage. I think that medium foam-safe CA would do? Thanks, any comments would be much appreciated
sparkyz is offline Find More Posts by sparkyz
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 09, 2012, 07:56 PM
"Free" in Christ!
United States, CA, SF
Joined Jan 2012
851 Posts
The bend in the wing is slightly weaker than the rest of the wing.

Yes, use FOAM-SAFE CA.

Happy flying!

Free

P.S. If you use superglue, post pics of the hole in your wing. lol
Free is offline Find More Posts by Free
Old Aug 10, 2012, 07:05 AM
Joined Apr 2012
42 Posts
LOL, I plan to use foam-safe CA, for now is it ok if I tape it as I'm out of foam-safe CA?
Last edited by sparkyz; Aug 13, 2012 at 04:32 PM.
Old Aug 16, 2012, 09:42 AM
"Free" in Christ!
United States, CA, SF
Joined Jan 2012
851 Posts
Probably, just don't add too much weight, as the Corsair is already on the heavy side.

Free
Free is offline Find More Posts by Free
Old Aug 16, 2012, 10:56 AM
United States, MI, Portage
Joined Sep 2011
4,102 Posts
Honestly I would contact mr " rcbabbel " and pick up some of his prop adapters and grab yourself a 5043 gws propeller. Sure they have prop adapters there but babbel has them for like $1 a piece or something stupid cheap. It made a huge difference from the stock prop for me. I just got a corsair a few weeks ago and have noticed it has a few bad habbits but still flies pretty well. I would cover up the servos with some plastic from pretty much any packaging or heck even a pop bottle. Yank the landing gear off if you are landing on grass as it will cause more damage when you land and the wheels catch and flip you over. Hmmm oh a 300mah lipo instead of the smaller 160mah packs are giving me about 9 minutes or so of full throttle flight time vs the 5-6 min before. Thats all I can think of for now lol
3d astronaut is offline Find More Posts by 3d astronaut
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Fatshark Attitude 1.3ghz
Old Aug 16, 2012, 04:03 PM
Joined Apr 2012
42 Posts
Would adding servo covers change the flight characteristics?
Old Aug 16, 2012, 04:38 PM
Or current resident
USA, FL, Tampa
Joined Jul 2002
4,746 Posts
Go with the 5x4.3 prop. Best mod you can make. Too bad the nice looking scale prop doesn't seem to generate enough pitch speed for a fighter.

I made prop adapters out of evergreen plastic tubing. It takes two sizes. One will thread onto the shaft. Glue on a piece of the next size tubing over the first then spin it and sand a little off until the prop is a press fit. I remove the adapter and glue it into the prop then thread it back onto the shaft.
Glenn
glewis is online now Find More Posts by glewis
Old Aug 16, 2012, 07:25 PM
United States, MI, Portage
Joined Sep 2011
4,102 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkyz View Post
Would adding servo covers change the flight characteristics?
Didnt/hasnt on mine I fly this thing every week lol. Its quite fun, a little under powered even with the mods but still is a blast to fly!
3d astronaut is offline Find More Posts by 3d astronaut
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Fatshark Attitude 1.3ghz
Old Aug 16, 2012, 09:03 PM
Pilot, Co-pilot, Navagator
United States, AZ, Yuma
Joined Sep 2009
2,762 Posts
a 5030 is reported to be quieter. the 5043 is agreed to be a good prop for the pz planes.

tho the best upgrade is a plush 6a esc and a umx nano battery and AP05 IMHO

tho you will be heavier.
nemoskull is offline Find More Posts by nemoskull