HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 20, 2003, 11:17 AM
Raleigh, NC
Joined Jun 2003
208 Posts
Older Design 1/2A Kits Available Again!!

Guys, we just got the web page up and running. Give it a look. Do you remember some of these? BTW, the School Boy, School Girl, Roaring 20 and Jr Skylark should be available in around 2 weeks.

Thanks,

Bob Harris
Early RC Models
www.earlyrcmodels.com
BobHH is offline Find More Posts by BobHH
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 24, 2003, 04:51 PM
Youngstown, NY
Joined Oct 2003
139 Posts
Bob,
I went to the site and was amazed! Great site and the airplanes are the best. I'll be contacting you.
Bob Peterson
sturmvogel is offline Find More Posts by sturmvogel
Old Nov 24, 2003, 05:46 PM
Raleigh, NC
Joined Jun 2003
208 Posts
Thanks Bob

Thanks for the comments. Hope to hear from you soon.

Bob Harris
Early RC Models
www.earlyrcmodels.com
Old Nov 24, 2003, 09:32 PM
Palo Alto, California, United States
Joined Jan 2003
1,067 Posts
Canopy?

Bob,

Does your Jr Falcon kit include a canopy? I can't tell if there is one from the photos on your web site.

Thanks,

Steve Morris
mlbco is online now Find More Posts by mlbco
Old Nov 24, 2003, 10:06 PM
United States, MA, Chelmsford
Joined Jul 2000
3,442 Posts
Great Bob, I cut my rc teeth on some of these. Actually my first was a ACE (I believe) Whizard with pulse proportional. Rudder only banging back and forth. It was easy to find when you lose in the woods. Will have order....

Ralph
Ralph A. D'Amelio is offline Find More Posts by Ralph A. D'Amelio
Old Nov 24, 2003, 10:20 PM
Raleigh, NC
Joined Jun 2003
208 Posts
No Canopies yet.

As of yet Steve it does not include canopy. Everyone I have talked to never used the canopy on the originals. It got in the way of cross rubber bands. I have plans to offer the canopies later but at this time just getting the kits out has been a chore. I did talk to one fellow who used a SIG canopy. I have even started on a vacumn form machine but it has taken 2nd seat to getting the kits out.

BTW Ralph, I have 4 single channel galloping ghost systems flying now plus a single channel escapement in the Lighting Bug. Working on the Esquire prototype for the Controlaire 10 channel reed!!!

Thanks,

Bob Harris
Early RC models
Last edited by BobHH; Nov 24, 2003 at 10:35 PM.
Old Nov 25, 2003, 11:48 AM
Joined Jan 2003
1,067 Posts
Canopies

Bob,

I always felt the canopy on the Jr Falcon gave it its distinctive look. I know a lot of guys left it off, but I never did! Here is a picture of one I recently built from the original plans. The canopy is carved from wood because I didn't have an original. This model uses an old Medallion .049 and a Mattel single channel pulse rudder only control. It flies just like the first one I built in 1973 and is one of the best rudder-only airplanes I've flown.

Thanks for re-introducing these older designs as modern kits. I will be ordering a Schoolgirl kit as soon as its available.

Thanks,
Steve Morris
Old Nov 25, 2003, 01:41 PM
Raleigh, NC
Joined Jun 2003
208 Posts
I Have One Soon!

Steve, Great looking Jr Falcon! I will eventually offer canopies. I have an original kit with canopy. Just need to make a plug for it and the others. I am putting on the final trim on the Jr Skylark prototype. It will be single channel with the Mattel pulser. I have 2 of these working now. Hopefully a third will be up and running soon. They all work great! How's your Falcon fly with it?

Bob Harris
Early RC Models
www.earlyrcmodels.com
Old Nov 25, 2003, 09:00 PM
Joined Jan 2003
1,067 Posts
Bob,

The Falcon flies great with the old Mattel set. I just follow the usual rules of thumb for rudder only: use plenty of downthrust, get the elevator set for a good glide trim, and for the Falcon I use a lot of rudder throw (the rudder is very small). I occasionally get a stray interference hit from 27 MHZ activity (probably CB), but nothing to cause any real problems. Make sure the solder joints to the battery holder and switch are properly strain relieved. I've had these fail in the past.

Thanks,

Steve
Old Dec 19, 2003, 10:36 PM
Canada
Joined Dec 2003
5 Posts
Re: Older Design 1/2A Kits Available Again!!

Quote:
Originally posted by BobHH
Guys, we just got the web page up and running. Give it a look. Do you remember some of these? BTW, the School Boy, School Girl, Roaring 20 and Jr Skylark should be available in around 2 weeks.

Thanks,

Bob Harris
Early RC Models
www.earlyrcmodels.com
Nice stuff, think I'll be ordering something....just have to decide which one

Oh one note about your site, the red text on the blue side bar is really hard to see even with my glasses on. I had to use windows magnifier just to figure out what I was clicking on.
SteveG-Canada is offline Find More Posts by SteveG-Canada
Old Dec 20, 2003, 04:17 AM
Raleigh, NC
Joined Jun 2003
208 Posts
Thanks Steve

Thanks Steve, I will give it another look on the web page. I will try to made the font bigger.

Bob Harris
Early RC Models
www.earlyrcmodels.com