HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 08, 2012, 04:52 PM
Lansing, MI
Joined May 2002
196 Posts
I dislike them because in the beginning they put out a system that would disconnect for several seconds if you got a momentary drop in voltage with , what had been until then, the standard rc power system of four cell battery packs. When people started loosing planes it was blamed on inadequate power systems which was true FOR THEIR SYSTEM.
They put a flawed design on the market and then blamed people for using what was, until then, adequate power supplies. I thought, and still think, that it was a dishonest response on their part. I owned an early one and junked it after I verified the problem. I do not trust them to this day
JLLayton is offline Find More Posts by JLLayton
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 08, 2012, 05:10 PM
OUCH!!!
United States, PA, Erie
Joined Sep 2008
568 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLLayton View Post
They put a flawed design on the market and then blamed people for using what was, until then, adequate power supplies. I thought, and still think, that it was a dishonest response on their part. I owned an early one and junked it after I verified the problem. I do not trust them to this day
Define flawed as it pertains to this discussion. I haven't been able to incur even one lockout, brownout or otherwise loose connectivity with any of my models in the last 5 or so years. Primarily high powered EDF (3000w and above)

Jay
Jayray123 is offline Find More Posts by Jayray123
Old Nov 08, 2012, 08:05 PM
United States, UT, Salt Lake City
Joined Oct 2007
6,486 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLLayton View Post
I dislike them because in the beginning they put out a system that would disconnect for several seconds if you got a momentary drop in voltage with , what had been until then, the standard rc power system of four cell battery packs. When people started loosing planes it was blamed on inadequate power systems which was true FOR THEIR SYSTEM.
We flew these early systems (DX7 and 7000rx) on dual four cell packs -with no problems .
If you had done some simple tests on the power draw - you would have seen the real problem
richard hanson is online now Find More Posts by richard hanson
Old Nov 08, 2012, 08:12 PM
Upper Arlington, Ohio
Joined Dec 2007
1,401 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julez View Post
Some people have trolling as a secondary hobby... his former accounts were angelfood, AKA Dave Mattison, AKA Crypto, etc...
How do you know?
RyanNX211 is offline Find More Posts by RyanNX211
Old Nov 12, 2012, 02:09 PM
Bye Bye VP Aug 2010 - Aug 2012
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jan 2005
5,885 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanNX211 View Post
How do you know?
He doesn't, he's making wild guesses.
Gerry__ is offline Find More Posts by Gerry__