Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Oct 14, 2012, 06:29 AM
Pro Bro # 2398
BoonVegas, Indiana
Joined Dec 2005
674 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz View Post
Some folks problems are not with their radio systems. For instance, trolls who have never owned a particular brand, but can't help themselves and constantly berate it. Perhaps this is due to having bought a different brand, and needing to feel good about it? I don't know, I'm not a head shrinker, but sometimes it sure seems that way.

Andy
well put Andy !
GassPasser is offline Find More Posts by GassPasser
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 14, 2012, 08:52 AM
United States, LA, Shreveport
Joined Jul 2010
681 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Man View Post
I agree Spektrum needs to make a clean cut with the past and convert to a modulation technology that is proven to be reliable. The first step for Spektrum is they have to come to the realization that their current system is never going to be reliable enough.

They have; DSMX.

ElIntocable is offline Find More Posts by ElIntocable
Old Oct 14, 2012, 08:58 AM
Upper Arlington, Ohio
Joined Dec 2007
1,411 Posts
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Man
I agree Spektrum needs to make a clean cut with the past and convert to a modulation technology that is proven to be reliable. The first step for Spektrum is they have to come to the realization that their current system is never going to be reliable enough.

Quote:
They have; DSMX.
And, there is nothing wrong with DSM2 either.
RyanNX211 is offline Find More Posts by RyanNX211
Old Oct 14, 2012, 09:07 AM
2 seconds from crashing
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
7,349 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Man View Post

What issues did you have with your dx8 again? I recall you seemed to be quite unhappy with yours and had issues with the updates and various other aspects of your tx......
indoorheli is offline Find More Posts by indoorheli
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV - DRQ250 and a little speed
Old Oct 14, 2012, 09:10 AM
Bye Bye VP Aug 2010 - Aug 2012
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jan 2005
5,923 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanNX211 View Post
Quote:

If you don't trust DSM2, then don't use it and stick with DSMX.
Gerry__ is offline Find More Posts by Gerry__
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Foamie Resurrection
Old Oct 14, 2012, 10:26 AM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,290 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by indoorheli View Post
What issues did you have with your dx8 again? I recall you seemed to be quite unhappy with yours and had issues with the updates and various other aspects of your tx......
He has a futaba

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...2&postcount=12
freechip is offline Find More Posts by freechip
Old Oct 14, 2012, 02:38 PM
United States, LA, Shreveport
Joined Jul 2010
681 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanNX211 View Post
Quote:
DSM2 isn't bad. As long as you're not in a crowded environment. I still use it on some of my planes (mostly UMs). I'm located in the middle of MO out in the country (I love the country BTW) so I don't worry about crowded environments that much. I have switched protocols myself though; JR's DMSS. I will be keeping the DX8 for my UM/UMXs.

The protocol isn't as much of a problem as people would like to believe. I'm willing to bet that user error is the number one culprit. Another problem was the required voltage levels and reboot times of the older RXs. That has since been changed. With that said, if you can use DSMX, use it. It is clearly a better protocol than DSM2.

Bottom line is to use what works for you, but also to understand it. The more you understand, the better you are in helping yourself and others.
ElIntocable is offline Find More Posts by ElIntocable
Old Oct 14, 2012, 03:11 PM
Stop scaring my donkey!
Greenland
Joined Mar 2012
7,476 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freechip View Post
Fuh, Tah, Bah? I don need no stinkin' Fuh, Tah, Bah!

We don't need no stinking badges! (0 min 15 sec)
JohnathanSwift is offline Find More Posts by JohnathanSwift
Old Oct 14, 2012, 03:27 PM
2 seconds from crashing
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
7,349 Posts
Quote:
Yeah, but he sure voted in every dx8 poll like he was an owner with issues

Quite a few do this and other negative brand spatter when they dont own a product on here and is why I always think all the polls are a joke. Though like the title of this thread I am unsure if it is really hate or just the want for their current brand to be the best or to justify their purchase in some odd way or something else

Though most of the time it makes for entertaining reading
indoorheli is offline Find More Posts by indoorheli
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by indoorheli; Oct 14, 2012 at 03:34 PM.
Old Oct 14, 2012, 03:35 PM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jan 2005
5,923 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by indoorheli View Post
I know, but he sure voted in every dx8 poll like he was an owner with issues

Quite a few do this and other negative brand spatter when they dont own a product on here and is why I always think all the polls are a joke. Though like the title of this thread I am unsure if it is really hate or just the want for their current brand to be the best or to justify their purchase in some odd way or something else

Though most of the time it makes for entertaining reading
Agreed. It was good to see the main pollster, Victory Pete, was finally banned from here for being a troll.
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 14, 2012, 03:46 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,290 Posts
I didn't agree with him on many subjects and didn't think the way he went about sharing/discussing his views was productive but RCG handled the situation and took action.

There is no real need to bring it up anymore and to talk about him.
freechip is offline Find More Posts by freechip
Old Oct 14, 2012, 03:50 PM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jan 2005
5,923 Posts
Quote:
I didn't agree with him on many subjects and didn't think the way he went about sharing/discussing his views was productive but RCG handled the situation and took action.

There is no real need to bring it up anymore and to talk about him.
Disagree. His fate serves as a reminder.
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 14, 2012, 04:16 PM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
22,458 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimBle View Post
what? radio frequency was technically impossible 7 years ago......WOW. Did Spektrum invent RC too?
The video shows a US event (Joe Nall). My replies (this and previous) reflect US-based answers.

Back in the dark ages we had 27, 72, 50, and 53 MHz frequencies available (they still are). 27 has 6 channels, 72 has 50, 50 has 10, and 53 MHz has 8.

6 + 50 + 10 + 8 is much less than 100.

In 72 MHz, the spacing and other technical conditions allowed for interference when there were transmitters of particular frequencies on at the same time. As a result, we in the impound had to make sure that we didn't allow simultaneous operation of transmitters on the same frequency or in combinations that could create those interferences.

With the advent of Spektrum and the wholesale adoption of our technology, and later by other brands coming along, most contests went to a 2.4gHz-only policy. Users on the old bands either had to leave their radios home, or manage their radios among themselves. (Staffing the impound was never a fun chore when hosting an event).

Now, armed with these facts, please explain how users at Joe Nall would have have the ability to launch 100 planes simultaneously as was demonstrated by the video.

Andy

US legal frequency list: http://www.modelaircraft.org/events/frequencies.aspx
AndyKunz is offline Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 14, 2012, 04:20 PM
Canada
Joined Aug 2004
848 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz View Post
Some folks problems are not with their radio systems. For instance, trolls who have never owned a particular brand, but can't help themselves and constantly berate it. Perhaps this is due to having bought a different brand, and needing to feel good about it? I don't know, I'm not a head shrinker, but sometimes it sure seems that way.

Andy
And the same logic can be applied to those who vehemently defend Spektrum. I guess they have invested in Spektrum and now must defend their investment to themselves. Or perhaps they have never owned another brand and don't know what they are missing.

The real head-scratcher is how those who have had to return the same radio multiple times can remain so loyal. Surely such experiences would cause a rational consumer to lose faith.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry__ View Post
Why have I never had a single problem with my DX8?
Ahhhhh.... The ever useful sample size of ONE.... I guess that someone who smokes their entire life without getting cancer proves that smoking doesn't cause cancer...
grumpy42 is offline Find More Posts by grumpy42
Old Oct 14, 2012, 04:33 PM
Oxford Panic
United Kingdom, Oxford
Joined Feb 2003
3,654 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpy42 View Post
...the real head-scratcher is how those who have had to return the same radio multiple times can remain so loyal. Surely such experiences would cause a rational consumer to lose faith....
+1

a.
AndyOne is offline Find More Posts by AndyOne