HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 12, 2012, 01:07 PM
2 seconds from crashing
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
7,349 Posts
I am not sure if I qualify as a particular brand fanboy but I would say that video is standard as far as ads and new release information goes. When a product is released often the manufacture claims how much better the new system or upgrade is compared to previous and/or other systems.

Otherwise why would they expect you to buy their new product
indoorheli is offline Find More Posts by indoorheli
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV - DRQ250 and a little speed
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 12, 2012, 01:07 PM
Stop scaring my donkey!
Greenland
Joined Mar 2012
8,704 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimBle View Post
I'm not sure how much more the problem with Spektrum has to stated.

Flew plane
5min flying time no problem.
On a flypast the plane stopped responding rolled over and flew into the ground at full power.
Post mortem battery checked ok
Rx still in bind

So many people explain these problems in plain english, clearly and are then accused by the Spektrum fans that they don;t know what they're doing.

So do you want simple accounts Dick or do yo want complicated accounts. It seems you're just using similar bully tactics to get people to shut up as that lying cheating defrauding cycling country man of yours Phlance Pharmstrong.

I've witnessed enough of the unexplained losses of control to decide I won't spend my own money on their kit.
Hey, hang on, I resemble that remark!
JohnathanSwift is offline Find More Posts by JohnathanSwift
Old Oct 12, 2012, 01:20 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
24,355 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikecam View Post
I'm still waiting for someone (fanboy) to explain this video to me. ...snip...
Same here, I lose interest in commercials very quickly if they are more then 2 minutes long. More so if I have to read the content.
freechip is online now Find More Posts by freechip
Old Oct 12, 2012, 01:23 PM
Bye Bye VP Aug 2010 - Aug 2012
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jan 2005
6,002 Posts
Quote:
I'm still waiting for someone (fanboy) to explain this video to me. These are the people who designed the DMSS protocol for JR. In there own words, okay subtitles, they talk about how inferior JR's old protocol was.

These are experts, not Mr. Newby who caused all his own issues with his inferior power solutions and/or install.

I'm no electronics guru with a PhD but these guys ARE. Just imagine how they would have talked about the old JR system if they were not coming off a multi-year relationship with the said company.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JzVZ...layer_embedded
And that was your trump card? Pretty weak.
Gerry__ is offline Find More Posts by Gerry__
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Foamie Resurrection
Old Oct 12, 2012, 01:48 PM
Canada, MB, Winnipeg
Joined Apr 2008
939 Posts
Okay so far we have, it's an upgrade, yes and no, it's an upgrade for a competitors protocol from a company that used to use your protocol.

The second and possible my favorite is that my attention span has a great deal of trouble with anything over 2 minutes, and if I have to read, well now your just pulling the rug out from under me. Sure sounds like a Spek user to me.

The third is, well I don't know, something about a trump card but nothing that debates the statements in the video.

This is too much fun!!!!

DMSS our secret! (English subtitles) --(New) (5 min 52 sec)
Mikecam is offline Find More Posts by Mikecam
Old Oct 12, 2012, 01:55 PM
2 seconds from crashing
Joined Sep 2007
7,349 Posts
Actually I said it was an ad and in that ad they also said it was the best system available. neener-neener to all other systems theirs is the best!

You are right though this thread is fun and i have had many good laughs!
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV - DRQ250 and a little speed
Old Oct 12, 2012, 02:12 PM
Stop scaring my donkey!
Greenland
Joined Mar 2012
8,704 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by indoorheli View Post
Actually I said it was an ad and in that ad they also said it was the best system available. neener-neener to all other systems theirs is the best!

You are right though this thread is fun and i have had many good laughs!
What's a "neener"?
Old Oct 12, 2012, 02:13 PM
Deutschland, Hessen, LA
Joined Jan 2009
1,208 Posts
Quote:
The third is, well I don't know, something about a trump card but nothing that debates the statements in the video.

This is too much fun!!!!
Maybe look this video. Synchronized servo movement is not new.

DX7SE Response Test (0 min 50 sec)
Kambalunga is offline Find More Posts by Kambalunga
Old Oct 12, 2012, 02:19 PM
Deutschland, Hessen, LA
Joined Jan 2009
1,208 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnathanSwift View Post
What's a "neener"?
Neener-neener = ätschi bätschi
Kambalunga is offline Find More Posts by Kambalunga
Old Oct 12, 2012, 02:23 PM
Stop scaring my donkey!
Greenland
Joined Mar 2012
8,704 Posts
Gee, Kamba, dude, that's clear as mud!
Old Oct 12, 2012, 04:02 PM
2 seconds from crashing
Joined Sep 2007
7,349 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnathanSwift View Post
What's a "neener"?
just being silly with an unintelligent childish taunt since it reminds me of this comical thread

1) A childish taunt or jeer pronounced with a nasal sneer, for lack of a more intelligent retort to someone else's jeer or taunt

My definition is better than all the other stupid definitions listed here - neener neener.

2)Word of jest or teasing. Similar to saying "ha-ha" or sticking a tongue out at someone.

How was the cafeteria food? I had homecooked turkey and potatoes! Neener-neener
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by indoorheli; Oct 12, 2012 at 04:08 PM.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 05:11 PM
Way to many airplanes!
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2009
5,489 Posts
Guys, we are talking about VERY LOW milliseconds timing here! Yes, a pro may see (or more feel) a difference, but trust me, typical human fingers/eye coordination (most of us) will not see any difference. Heck, I think most people who buy servos look for the price first, then the torque specification, but sadly totally disregard how fast it goes (unless they use it with a gyro that recommend something specifically because fast timing is then important). Trust me, even if a servo signal is received 10 millisecond later, it would not be bad for most of us. As I said, often the servos being used are slower than what the receiver can feed them anyway. This is just marketing hype (and mostly simply because new technology kicking in, making it easier to implement such thing).

Heck, in winter, your fingers probably have a 400millisecond response time!
RealGambler is offline Find More Posts by RealGambler
Old Oct 12, 2012, 05:47 PM
United States, NY, Rochester
Joined Apr 2004
1,156 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimBle View Post
I'm not sure how much more the problem with Spektrum has to stated.

Flew plane
5min flying time no problem.
On a flypast the plane stopped responding rolled over and flew into the ground at full power.
Post mortem battery checked ok
Rx still in bind

So many people explain these problems in plain english, clearly and are then accused by the Spektrum fans that they don;t know what they're doing.

So do you want simple accounts Dick or do yo want complicated accounts. It seems you're just using similar bully tactics to get people to shut up as that lying cheating defrauding cycling country man of yours Phlance Pharmstrong.

I've witnessed enough of the unexplained losses of control to decide I won't spend my own money on their kit.
You would be doing a greater service to the RC community spending your forum time supporting those that use the radios you like and use instead of spending large amounts of time berating Spektrum.

In my part of the US we have more JR/Spektrum radios than Futaba, Hitec, or Airtronics, but we have very few if any problems with any of these brands. We do not see the issues that you complain so bitterly about.

I can't believe that if there were as many problems with Spektrum as you claim, we would not have seen the same thing here in the past 5 years.

I fly Spektrum because my fellow pilots use it, it has all the features that I need to use, and it has proven to be very reliable. I would not hesitate to purchase products from any of the other brands I mentioned, but I happened to switch from Futaba 72Mhz to JR 72Mhz and I jumped at the chance to switch to 2.4 when the Spektrum Module first became available.

We have National and International competitors who have flown JR/Spektrum for years. Why are they not complaining?
Buschbarber is offline Find More Posts by Buschbarber
Old Oct 12, 2012, 06:42 PM
Upper Arlington, Ohio
Joined Dec 2007
1,516 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry__ View Post
So, according to you, I've made up the fact I've had no problems with my DX8 because I've had problems with my DX8 and don't want to admit it?

That's a massive stretch of your imagination.

I did not say that and you know that.
You said:
Quote:
People don't make up stories about not having a problem.
I never named names despite what people are telling the moderators.
RyanNX211 is offline Find More Posts by RyanNX211
Old Oct 12, 2012, 06:43 PM
Stop scaring my donkey!
Greenland
Joined Mar 2012
8,704 Posts
Ryan, you don't have to: inference is not your friend.