HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 09, 2012, 05:39 PM
Central California
Joined Dec 2006
2,456 Posts
Who said anything about rational? Hate generally does follow any set guidelines.
Just when you think you have it figured out along comes a curveball you never saw coming.Its always generally recognizable as hate.Its just that many times its like Wow "never saw that coming".Its also not totally unexpected.
Go figure.
aerocal is online now Find More Posts by aerocal
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 09, 2012, 05:49 PM
Joined Jun 2007
239 Posts
Well early DX8 adopters weren't so happy. I got the DX7s just because I feared I could get one of those early DX8 with broken [insert any random component here]. It's all cool in the USA but in the EU you might just have to pay to ship them over the ocean.

DX7s does great so far even have a nice backlight mod and in my opinion, if DX7s can't do it, the plank/heli is probably too damn expensive to use spektrum anyway.

Don't take it personally, I just look at the whole spektrum picture and convenience is the only thing that speaks to me when I think "spektrum".

If it makes you spektrum fans any happier I switched from a Futaba 10C (the one that came with the Fasst module) because it pissed me off that I didn't have updates and a nice micro SD for storing configurations. Also the programming was in my opinion more complicated and I need one device the can fly my UMXes and my 300-450 sized birds.

BUT, if I had a 20k plane, I'd probably have the room and the $ for a 18MZ.
vadimpelau is offline Find More Posts by vadimpelau
Old Oct 09, 2012, 05:54 PM
Central California
Joined Dec 2006
2,456 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanNX211 View Post
The movement away from Spektrum is slower than you seem to suggest, but it is happening.
Ok.Ill bite.What exactly is it that you seem to think "the move" is going towards? Not that I completely disagree with you Im just trying to gauge where your coming from.I see alot of ppl that want a Tx for 50 bucks and a Rx for 10.
Who cares where the technology was developed or how much of it is copied.The bottom line is I want cheap stuff that works better than higher priced stuff.IMO its a transition to "I want free stuff and I dont care who pays for it" but thats another story.

Some will transition to more expensive stuff just because it makes them feel like they have higher quality.It depends on what problems they are having that seem to make them think that is necessary.I seem to find more often than not that those same problems follow them eventually no matter what equipment they use.

I prefer to base my decisions more on value.A balance of performance,price
and usability along with support.I think Ive struck a pretty good balance.
Old Oct 09, 2012, 05:56 PM
Joined Jun 2007
239 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerocal View Post
Hate generally does follow any set guidelines.
Hate usually doesn't point towards inanimate objects. If somebody points out a flaw in your $1k spektrum tx or your $1k iPhone (don't worry, the contract will get you there) it's probably because there was something wrong with it in the first place or because you make too much noise over nothing and well, you deserve it
Old Oct 09, 2012, 05:58 PM
Pro Bro # 2398
BoonVegas, Indiana
Joined Dec 2005
682 Posts
i love reading how people try to justify there Tx crap by putting down the Best Tx's... keep posting people, this is a blast !
GassPasser is offline Find More Posts by GassPasser
Old Oct 09, 2012, 06:00 PM
Joined Jun 2007
239 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerocal View Post
I prefer to base my decisions more on value.A balance of performance,price
and usability along with support.I think Ive struck a pretty good balance.
Precisely! I call it convenience, but value will do as well. It's exactly what spektrum offers right now. And there's nobody that can beat that price/performance/awesome as3x combination right now.
Old Oct 09, 2012, 06:01 PM
Central California
Joined Dec 2006
2,456 Posts
So...Dont hate the cake, hate the maker? O...k I get it.
Old Oct 09, 2012, 06:05 PM
Stop scaring my donkey!
Greenland
Joined Mar 2012
8,086 Posts
I "Hate" it when my chewing gum sticks to the bedpost, overnight.
JohnathanSwift is offline Find More Posts by JohnathanSwift
Old Oct 09, 2012, 06:33 PM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
23,369 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vadimpelau View Post
It's all cool in the USA but in the EU you might just have to pay to ship them over the ocean.
What "ocean" is between Romania and Germany? If you were sending to UK you'd have to cross the Channel, and Sicily would need a short hop over water but that's about it. Unless you're on Cyprus you really won't be sending it far.

Let's stick to facts, not emotions, OK? Oh wait, this thread is all about emotions and not facts, sorry.

Andy
AndyKunz is offline Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 09, 2012, 06:39 PM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
23,369 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnathanSwift View Post
I "Hate" it when my chewing gum sticks to the bedpost, overnight.
Mine just loses its flavor, so I swallow it in spite.

Andy
AndyKunz is offline Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 09, 2012, 07:55 PM
Earthbound Skyhound
United States, NC, Richlands
Joined Jun 2011
5,046 Posts
The way I see it all, there's Rolex's & Timex's.....my watch prolly won't ever get me laid but all I bought it for was so I could know 'bout what time it is.

It's 'bout time I unsubscribed here.
See ya 'round the pits.
Over & OUT!
StarHopper44 is offline Find More Posts by StarHopper44
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 09, 2012, 08:01 PM
Stop scaring my donkey!
Greenland
Joined Mar 2012
8,086 Posts
Bathos: a rapid descent from the sublime to the ridiculous!

Let's see, where did I put those crackers....
JohnathanSwift is offline Find More Posts by JohnathanSwift
Old Oct 10, 2012, 02:51 AM
Joined Jun 2007
239 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz View Post
What "ocean" is between Romania and Germany? If you were sending to UK you'd have to cross the Channel, and Sicily would need a short hop over water but that's about it. Unless you're on Cyprus you really won't be sending it far.

Let's stick to facts, not emotions, OK? Oh wait, this thread is all about emotions and not facts, sorry.

Andy
You forget the fact that for many retailers $100 = 100Euros. It's cheaper to buy from USA. Shipping back is a completely different story. So let's stick indeed to facts and not be jerks. Stop acting like some desperate fanboy and stop embarrassing yourself to defend a piece of plastic.
It's people like you that draw hate towards spektrum.
If my opinion bothers you that much, don't go on z8rc's blog because you might have a stroke.
Last edited by vadimpelau; Oct 10, 2012 at 03:04 AM.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 04:55 AM
Deutschland, Hessen, LA
Joined Jan 2009
1,192 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vadimpelau View Post
You forget the fact that for many retailers $100 = 100Euros. It's cheaper to buy from USA. Shipping back is a completely different story.
Is that a Spektrum problem? Or is it your problem? Buy in Europe and your RC parts is repaired in europe. Robbe serviced only Robbe Futaba and nothing else. Some FASST moduls has a country code and you can only use TX made for this country. Then must you buy in your country.

Quote:
It's people like you that draw hate towards spektrum.
If my opinion bothers you that much, don't go on z8rc's blog because you might have a stroke.
This z8rc blog is too funny for words!
He is more a gagman. He make a DX18 review without ever hold a DX18 in his hand.
Kambalunga is offline Find More Posts by Kambalunga
Last edited by Kambalunga; Oct 10, 2012 at 05:08 AM.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 05:12 AM
Joined Jun 2007
239 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kambalunga View Post
Is that a Spektrum problem? Or is it your problem? Buy in Europe and your RC parts is repaired in europe. Robbe serviced only Robbe Futaba and nothing else. Some FASST moduls has a country code and you can only use RX made for this country. Then must you buy in your country.
Yes it is spektrums problem that they have sold faulty products. I don't expect to need service unless it's my own fault for damaging the device. I never "needed my dx6 repaired", it was faulty and called back to start with.

As I said before, had 10C, had fasst and the system simply does not provide convenience and value for the money, that's what I chose spektrum for.

So stop making this yet another fanboy thread, spektrum vs fasst. I just expressed my opinion, namely that spektrum is the only way you should get into R/C thanks to their extremely convenient and easy-maintenance micros and it's good enough for any average rc enthusiast.
But if I were to fly unsponsored aircraft in the $2k-$20k range spektrum would not be my choice.

My opinion, you don't have to share it don't think there's a single unsponsored pilot in this forum that flies large scale self made models or uber-expensive ones with spektrum anyway. Not because spektrum wouldn't be reliable now, but because their reputation precedes them.

//unsubscribing.
Last edited by vadimpelau; Oct 10, 2012 at 05:18 AM.