SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 09, 2012, 09:36 AM
If in doubt, add accelerant
United Kingdom, England, Stansted Mountfitchet
Joined May 2007
1,825 Posts
Discussion
LP5DSM Trainer Switch Problem

I am pretty stuck guys; I am fixing up an LP5DSM Tx for a friends son (full story why can be found in my blog) - a while ago I took the trainer switch out of it to replace one which had snapped off on a friends DX6i. Now I need to replace the switch; so I disassembled another TX (some RTF piece of which I have no intention of ever using) and took out the switch from there - fortunately its exactly the same conector however it is not a spiring-loaded switch which I didn't think would be a problem, it is though. Can anyone think why? Seems to me that it should still work, just means you have to actively switch the switch to get it out of bind mode...But it aint happening! any suggestions?
Lberry.88 is offline Find More Posts by Lberry.88
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 09, 2012, 09:51 AM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,644 Posts
Should be a simple on/off switch that's spring loaded. The trick is to finding out what is the radio looking for, closed loop or open but either way if you install a normal toggle and like you said all you would have to do is the extra step in moving back the switch it should work.

The only thing I can think of is are you sure that switch works, are you sure the radio trainer function still works?

If it only has 2 wires you can easily test the radio and see if shorting or opening the wires does anything.
freechip is offline Find More Posts by freechip
Old Aug 09, 2012, 10:10 AM
If in doubt, add accelerant
United Kingdom, England, Stansted Mountfitchet
Joined May 2007
1,825 Posts
Just thrown the multimeter on it and the switch is functioning properly: open or closed the tx still wont bind - I am beginning to think that the TX may be the problem...
Lberry.88 is offline Find More Posts by Lberry.88