HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by AirborneRME, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Aug 09, 2012, 08:58 AM
United States, MI, Lansing
Joined Jul 2012
69 Posts
Gallery
Follow me as I learn to fly RC planes

Recently finished and tried to test fly my very first ever scratchbuilt RC plane....I crashed it but have since rebuilt it. Take a look!

http://youtu.be/4WAK4goqkXg

Testing the control surfaces

RC Foam Cargo Plane (maiden flight and crash) (0 min 45 sec)

Sooo I crashed it on my first flight! THE GOOD NEWS IS...I have since repaired the bird, adding extra strength to the wings, vertical staiblilezer, and the nose. Its currently raining but I'm hoping I can give it another go later today. Stay tuned! Also if you have any tips let me know!

P.S. I'm a noob, feel free to laugh and give me as much advice as possible. Also stay tuned for more vids of my progress.

Also check my blog by searching MY A-10 WartBLOG. Check out the RC Jet I plan on building...currently in the early stages.
AirborneRME is offline Find More Posts by AirborneRME
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 15, 2012, 08:23 PM
Joined Jul 2012
69 Posts
Welp...I totaled the RME FC-1! Why didnt anyone tell me that curbs and Foam RC planes don't mix!?

The good news is that I gutted the wreckage with the plastic bag I kept inside of it and have recently bought 5 fresh sheets of dollar tree foam board and another fresh roll of packing tape. RME FC version 2 will begin production tomorrow! This one will have a slight twist, and everything I learned on the first build will be taken into consideration! Pics to come shortly! Stay tuned!

Thanks! Happy flying!
Old Aug 16, 2012, 05:54 PM
Joined Jul 2012
69 Posts
RME FC-2! Back to the drawing board.

I got some building done today before I had to go into work!

I have been taking all the advice from everyone here on RC groups on what I did wrong on my first ever scratchbuild and first ever fixed wing RC aircraft.

Take a look at what I came up with. I'm pretty excited! This thing will be lighter, faster, and better than my first build! The experience gained and all of the advice should make for a successful run at this aircraft! Wish me luck!