HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 22, 2013, 09:43 AM
Joined Nov 2012
28 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappySundays View Post
Sigh.... Manny! Please read the last few posts.
I put a big warning up to make sure people set up their radios properly because if they don't ...

The RC will REVERSE on you!

...as you just found out.

It's not a problem with Beta 8, it's a problem with the way you set it up.
I did post about it but there are also instructions in the new V1.1 Beta 8 guide and in any case you MUST check RC polarity in all modes before flying.

I think this is what your problem was with earlier Betas.

Oh and the thing with the rudder will be because you either:
1: didn't calibrate the sticks or
2: are using your TX to trim the model

Use the Offset settings to trim the model with all TX trims at zero.

From the first post:
I will run through the setup again. I followed the new guide and did all of the steps as per the guide........ as far as the rudder... all of my planes are flown without any boards and mechanically trimmed with no sub trims or trims what so ever it is how I do every plane . Then once the cg is right and the plane performs as it should I add a board.. I will run through the set up again. Thanks
Manny BUSTOS is offline Find More Posts by Manny BUSTOS
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 22, 2013, 10:14 AM
Joined Sep 2012
17 Posts
Yes, beep sound every time when i press the menu buttons or moving up or down the menus and "no signal" beep too ... except the "low batt" because there are no devices and "high throttle" because it uses PWM.

unusual only in terms of "lost model", OK will be checked again

Or do you have another idea for the sound when the model lost between 2 meters high grass? for example failsafe beeper or other

regards,
Kartika is offline Find More Posts by Kartika
Old Feb 22, 2013, 10:58 AM
Joined Nov 2012
28 Posts
Quote:
Sigh.... Manny! Please read the last few posts.
I put a big warning up to make sure people set up their radios properly because if they don't ...

The RC will REVERSE on you!

...as you just found out.

It's not a problem with Beta 8, it's a problem with the way you set it up.
I did post about it but there are also instructions in the new V1.1 Beta 8 guide and in any case you MUST check RC polarity in all modes before flying.

I think this is what your problem was with earlier Betas.

Oh and the thing with the rudder will be because you either:
1: didn't calibrate the sticks or
2: are using your TX to trim the model

Use the Offset settings to trim the model with all TX trims at zero.

From the first post:
Ok ran through the set up again and all good I will go for a test flight when the wind dies down....The part that I messed up , on the last set up was not putting the sticks full forward and right I found that both my channels were reversed this made all of the difference in the set up. Maybe should be in red ink and bolded for people like me . Because I remember reading it but for some reason I did not move the sticks... The rudder problem is gone too ..... cant wait to test should be great.... I would like to make a donation for all your hard work . What is the pay pal fee and your average donation???

MB

MB
Old Feb 22, 2013, 11:47 AM
Ukraine
Joined Jun 2010
44 Posts
Quote:
Give it a go and tell me how it works out.
Hello Conducted the first test of the stabilization of weapons on the model of the tank. Use firmware beta 4 (stable). Rotating Tower of gyro, but still want that worked from the accelerometer. I will try another Multiwii.

2-axis stabilizer guns on the rc tank BMP-2M (3 min 42 sec)
papirus is offline Find More Posts by papirus
Old Feb 22, 2013, 03:04 PM
HeliHarry
United States, OK, Tulsa
Joined Dec 2006
338 Posts
There have been so many firmware changes in the past month or so that
I am confused as to which version is the best now for CAM STAB only?
harrym is offline Find More Posts by harrym
Old Feb 22, 2013, 03:43 PM
Enjoying the sunshine
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Feb 2011
2,957 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by harrym View Post
There have been so many firmware changes in the past month or so that
I am confused as to which version is the best now for CAM STAB only?
I haven't tested CAMSTAB in V1.1 Beta 8 so maybe V1.0 is still the best.
HappySundays is online now Find More Posts by HappySundays
Old Feb 22, 2013, 03:46 PM
Enjoying the sunshine
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Feb 2011
2,957 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manny BUSTOS View Post
Ok ran through the set up again and all good I will go for a test flight when the wind dies down....The part that I messed up , on the last set up was not putting the sticks full forward and right I found that both my channels were reversed this made all of the difference in the set up. Maybe should be in red ink and bolded for people like me . Because I remember reading it but for some reason I did not move the sticks... The rudder problem is gone too ..... cant wait to test should be great.... I would like to make a donation for all your hard work . What is the pay pal fee and your average donation???
MB
Hi Manny,
Good idea, I have made the note in large red text on the first post
You don't have to donate of course, but if you do want to feel free.
I am not sure of the average but $5 is a fairly common amount.
Thank you! I hope your next test flights go well
HS
Old Feb 22, 2013, 04:00 PM
HeliHarry
United States, OK, Tulsa
Joined Dec 2006
338 Posts
Quote:
I haven't tested CAMSTAB in V1.1 Beta 8 so maybe V1.0 is still the best.
Ok, thanks Hap!
harrym is offline Find More Posts by harrym
Old Feb 22, 2013, 07:47 PM
Joined Nov 2012
28 Posts
Quote:
Hi Manny,
Good idea, I have made the note in large red text on the first post
You don't have to donate of course, but if you do want to feel free.
I am not sure of the average but $5 is a fairly common amount.
Thank you! I hope your next test flights go well
HS
Wind was wipping today but I could not wait and it flew like it was on railes . Both modes worked perfect ... I had it into the wind in stabilized and it took all the bumps out almost like there was no wind .I had it into the wind in stabilized and auto level and it flew backwards and level with no in put from the radio.. I did a stall level wing high up just pulled back and cut the motor, the wing was level and got blown backwards but never went out of control just lightly touched down with no ailrone input ... I am soo happy that everything is working now.. installing on my combat wing now cant wait.. My donation will come in probably under my wife's name (our pay pal account)but last name will be Bustos

Thanks
MB
Old Feb 22, 2013, 10:55 PM
Enjoying the sunshine
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Feb 2011
2,957 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manny BUSTOS View Post
Wind was wipping today but I could not wait and it flew like it was on railes . Both modes worked perfect ... I had it into the wind in stabilized and it took all the bumps out almost like there was no wind .I had it into the wind in stabilized and auto level and it flew backwards and level with no in put from the radio.. I did a stall level wing high up just pulled back and cut the motor, the wing was level and got blown backwards but never went out of control just lightly touched down with no ailrone input ... I am soo happy that everything is working now.. installing on my combat wing now cant wait..
Yay! I'm so pleased that you have got it working
Old Feb 23, 2013, 08:48 PM
New Zealand, Auckland
Joined Sep 2011
95 Posts
Hey y'all.

Just had a KK2.0 become a spare so I decided to stick it into my AcroMaster. Plugged it all in, worked through the setup guides - and it all seems to be behaving nicely. I haven't taken it up yet but all control surfaces seem good. I have a couple of quick questions though;

1) I can't seem to find any tuning guide. I've never tuned a plane with stabilisation before. Will the defaults suffice?

2) I notice you guys mentioning dynamic P tuning with a POT. I don't have any inputs left once I've setup the model with the KK2.0. Are you just unplugging the gear / stab channel and using a pot during your first few flights or what?

Thanks!
Cadriel is offline Find More Posts by Cadriel
Old Feb 23, 2013, 09:55 PM
Enjoying the sunshine
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Feb 2011
2,957 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadriel View Post
Hey y'all.

Just had a KK2.0 become a spare so I decided to stick it into my AcroMaster. Plugged it all in, worked through the setup guides - and it all seems to be behaving nicely. I haven't taken it up yet but all control surfaces seem good. I have a couple of quick questions though;

1) I can't seem to find any tuning guide. I've never tuned a plane with stabilisation before. Will the defaults suffice?

2) I notice you guys mentioning dynamic P tuning with a POT. I don't have any inputs left once I've setup the model with the KK2.0. Are you just unplugging the gear / stab channel and using a pot during your first few flights or what?

Thanks!
If you have a receiver that supports CPPM (all channels on one wire) you can use all 8 channels.
Personally I have mine like this:
CH5: Second aileron
CH6: Dynamic gain input
CH7: Stability
CH8: Autolevel

If you don't have one of these then yes, you're stuck.
Tuning is quite related to the model so it's hard to comment much on tuning.
But it is similar to most PID systems - too much gain leads to oscillation etc...
Old Feb 24, 2013, 12:14 PM
elk
Joined May 2001
65 Posts
A question about B4_1.hex file. I loaded this file to the KK2 board around the end of Dec. Is this the same FW you talk about on the first page as beta4? Has there been any changes sense Dec?
thanks
microdave is offline Find More Posts by microdave
Old Feb 24, 2013, 12:57 PM
Joined Feb 2009
314 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by microdave View Post
A question about B4_1.hex file. I loaded this file to the KK2 board around the end of Dec. Is this the same FW you talk about on the first page as beta4? Has there been any changes sense Dec?
thanks
Please refer to the release notes in the first post.
rceccleston is offline Find More Posts by rceccleston
Old Feb 24, 2013, 02:04 PM
Joined May 2010
141 Posts
Is it much work to take out the CamStab stuff and release them as a dedicated CamStab Beta version?
Trulsen is offline Find More Posts by Trulsen