HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 08, 2012, 03:04 PM
Joined Aug 2012
5 Posts
Discussion
Wot-4 - Major problems with Scratch built wot-4 engine mounting

Wot-4 - Major problems with Scratch built wot-4 engine mounting

Any ideas what to use. This is the first plane i have ever built. The engine keeps falling out of the polystyrene mount that i have made any ideas.

I glue it in first time and then more glue the second and still the slightest touch and it comes loose what do you guys use?
Unb3lievableFly is offline Find More Posts by Unb3lievableFly
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 08, 2012, 09:26 PM
Altitude is my friend...
Southern California
Joined May 2009
1,446 Posts
We really need to see a closeup photo or two before we can help you. Just saying that your motor comes loose gives us nothing to work with.
Depronicus is offline Find More Posts by Depronicus
Old Aug 09, 2012, 02:37 AM
Staffs, UK
Joined Nov 2003
10,379 Posts
If it's scratchbuilt from foam then it ain't really a Wot 4 so what does it look like, size, weight etc ? Motors are usually mounted onto a ply firewall but what motor are you trying to mount ?

BTW if it's really an "engine" i.e. fuel not electric, then foam isn't really going to work.

Steve
slipstick is online now Find More Posts by slipstick
Old Aug 09, 2012, 02:58 AM
PowerTower
United Kingdom, England, Bristol
Joined Aug 2009
1,020 Posts
Pictures essential really. It sounds like if you mount onto just foam that will be the problem. You need a light-ply bulkhead/firewall, which in turn will be stuck into the foam fuse with light ply bracing so you spread the load. Then screw the motor with mount onto the firewall.
A lot depends on what you have to start with, get the pictures posted and I'm sure we can come up with the ideal solution
RWData is offline Find More Posts by RWData