Old Aug 08, 2012, 12:32 AM
United States, OR, Canby
Joined Oct 2009
462 Posts
Discussion
Need some advice setting up Virtualdub/deshaker

Hey Guys

I'm using an i7 64 bit pc

Found out the hard way not to download virtualdub "experimental", didn't have a plugins folder

I want to use deshaker on the gopro mp4 files so I guess I'll have to convert to avi files

I'm been all over the net and it looks like Deshaker is 32 bit so I'll have to have Virtualdub in 32 bit, is that right?

My Son is an IT so Dad doesn't know this stuff so please speak in "Virtualdub for Dummies"
Navigator53 is offline Find More Posts by Navigator53
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 08, 2012, 06:29 AM
Joined Jul 2009
484 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Navigator53 View Post
Hey Guys

I'm using an i7 64 bit pc

Found out the hard way not to download virtualdub "experimental", didn't have a plugins folder

I want to use deshaker on the gopro mp4 files so I guess I'll have to convert to avi files

I'm been all over the net and it looks like Deshaker is 32 bit so I'll have to have Virtualdub in 32 bit, is that right?

My Son is an IT so Dad doesn't know this stuff so please speak in "Virtualdub for Dummies"
Yes, Deshaker is 32 bit so you need to run the 32 bit version of VirtualDub. Download and install additional codecs to get around the AVI issue. The simplest is DivX which VD can read. Output is to raw AVI though so you'll need quite a bit of hard drive space.
diakatche is offline Find More Posts by diakatche