I own FUTABA 99 38.82%
I own SPEKTRUM 112 43.92%
I own BOTH 44 17.25%
Voters: 255. You may not vote on this poll

Old Sep 02, 2012, 10:28 AM
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2004
6,168 Posts
This was the reason I went to the 9503, crow... When I flew with the 9C (and now the 9503) I used the side sliders for crow and the throttle stick for motor. I prefer motor on the throttle stick even for hot liners. The only gliders I have the crow on the throttle stick is a full house sloper and I don't fly it enough to remember to use the stick for landings. I fly many different things and the more similar I can set them up the better.

Bottom line is I don't like throttle, flaps, or crow on a 2 or 3 position switch, I want to control them properly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeajr View Post
Now I understand. I presume you have flaps on a switch.

On my gliders I put my landing mix, flap/elevator or crow, on the left stick. That is why slowing down the flaps doesn't really have much value to me. I control the deployment speed by how I move the stick. If I were to fly a full house e-glider I would do the same, moving the motor to a 2 or 3 way switch. As I only use it for climb I don't need fine control on the throttle.
Evan D is offline Find More Posts by Evan D
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 02, 2012, 11:17 AM
Sink Stinks
Orange County, CA
Joined Aug 2004
4,528 Posts
On my E-gliders I put the motor on a spring loaded switch. Full on or Full Off. No need for anything in between. I always use the throttle stick on any glider for the flaps/crow (or spoilers on a RES). I use the sliders to adjust the TE when I am in launch, reflex, or thermal camber. I have a switch that puts me in one of those conditions and then I can adjust the TE as I want based on the conditions. I fly an 18MZ and have my landing condition set as the highest priority so it will always take over if I need it due to a pop off or similar. I do not ever need to remember to set a switch to get landing mode. Once I use 2 clicks of the flap/throttle stick I am in landing mode.
Silent-AV8R is offline Find More Posts by Silent-AV8R