HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
View Poll Results: You own Futaba or Spektrum
I own FUTABA 99 38.82%
I own SPEKTRUM 112 43.92%
I own BOTH 44 17.25%
Voters: 255. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
Thread Tools
Old Aug 10, 2012, 06:17 PM
WWII combat fan
mammuth's Avatar
Huddersfield
Joined Jul 2008
163 Posts
There should be an extra option in the poll: - non of the above
Carry on guys
mammuth is offline Find More Posts by mammuth
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 10, 2012, 06:19 PM
RC beginner
New York
Joined Oct 2008
6,054 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan D View Post
Most of my planes use Orange DSM2 6ch with a satellite, about $16 plus shipping from Hobby King. You can get a full range, decent receiver from FrSky for $4??? Excuse me if I don't belive you.
read the posts carefully. FLYSKY not frsky, although they arent much more. "belive" this, atm five and change from hobbykiing (log in):

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...iver_3Ch_.html

they are 75 cents more than when i bought mine last year. that is the most i ever paid. more recently 10 lot at $3.10 ea shipped from bidproducts and only a few cents more at aliexpress. i now have a couple dozen and even with the 9x i bought comes to less than a spekrum w/o rx. lets not even bring up what futabas cost.

ps i got my orange for less than 10 bucks shipped so apparently some of us are better shoppers than others. orange works with brand tx but is not considered a "brand" rx anyway, most call it a rip off of spektrum.
dave1993 is offline Find More Posts by dave1993
Last edited by dave1993; Aug 10, 2012 at 06:36 PM. Reason: rhyme time: orange, orange, youre a.... porange???
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2012, 06:26 PM
Registered User
richard hanson's Avatar
United States, UT, Salt Lake City
Joined Oct 2007
7,350 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYINGBOXER View Post
I think before all this spektrum recalls, and weakness everybody flown with spektrum, but nowadys, people is reserving his spektrum gear for foamies and gliders, and futaba, hitec, and new JR dmss for expensive aircrafts....

Almost everybody in my club is doing this nowadays... Reserving spektrum just for cheap and reserving trustier systems for expensive airplanes or helis...

I think this is a new tendency we are seeing today...!!!

I'm afraid to say in my club Spektrum now is being seen as a radio reserved for toys, parkflyers and beginners...

Trustier systems ?
be serious.
sounds more like rustier flyers at your field.
richard hanson is online now Find More Posts by richard hanson
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2012, 07:17 PM
Registered User
Evan D's Avatar
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2004
6,163 Posts
So you are comparing your 3ch surface receiver to a 6ch w/ satellite? And you get Orange for less than $10??? For the 6ch and satellite? I don't believe it.


Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1993 View Post
read the posts carefully. FLYSKY not frsky, although they arent much more. "belive" this, atm five and change from hobbykiing (log in):

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...iver_3Ch_.html

they are 75 cents more than when i bought mine last year. that is the most i ever paid. more recently 10 lot at $3.10 ea shipped from bidproducts and only a few cents more at aliexpress. i now have a couple dozen and even with the 9x i bought comes to less than a spekrum w/o rx. lets not even bring up what futabas cost.

ps i got my orange for less than 10 bucks shipped so apparently some of us are better shoppers than others. orange works with brand tx but is not considered a "brand" rx anyway, most call it a rip off of spektrum.
Evan D is online now Find More Posts by Evan D
Last edited by Evan D; Aug 11, 2012 at 09:36 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2012, 07:21 PM
RC beginner
New York
Joined Oct 2008
6,054 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan D View Post
So you are comparing your crappy 3ch surface receiver? And you get Orange for less than $10??? For the 6ch and satellite? Bull. Better shopper my arse. Rip off of Spektrum, again B.S.

You are full of crap.
lol! SOMETHING is hitting close to the bone here. i suppose in your shoes id lose it too.

ps aint fri nites fun? specially when some like to start the party early.
dave1993 is offline Find More Posts by dave1993
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2012, 08:23 PM
Registered User
Evan D's Avatar
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2004
6,163 Posts
Whatever... enjoy your night.
Evan D is online now Find More Posts by Evan D
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2012, 08:33 PM
Radio? Screwdriver!
United Kingdom, England, Bristol
Joined Aug 2011
991 Posts
Wow! According to rcgroups homepage this is the second hottest thread on the whole forum!

Certainly got people talking!

I do wonder if the poor horse isn't flogged enough now...

Si.
SimonChambers is online now Find More Posts by SimonChambers
RCG Plus Member
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2012, 08:43 PM
Suspended Account
Rhode Island USA
Joined Aug 2010
5,350 Posts
I may be joining the "Majority" sooner than later!

VP
Victory Pete is offline Find More Posts by Victory Pete
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Aug 10, 2012, 08:59 PM
Play tetris with my english
DaxFX's Avatar
Puerto Rico, San Juan
Joined May 2008
2,701 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victory Pete View Post
I may be joining the "Majority" sooner than later!

VP
Futaba?
DaxFX is offline Find More Posts by DaxFX
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2012, 09:03 PM
Fly to live, live to fly
FLYINGBOXER's Avatar
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Nov 2010
54 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz View Post
Maybe you should show them what the top pilot in the world flies:

http://www.elifield.com/2012gallery.html

(Hint - it's a DX18 controlling a turbine-powered 3D aircraft).

Andy
Or the other way around... How many proffesionals flyers or heli champions flies with futaba....?

By the way... JR DMSS swept on 3D masters 2012... Ask them also...


At "3D Maters 2012" held in Faeroe, Netherland on 13 - 15/July 2012, the competitors with JR DMSS swept the podium perfectly. Also, 7 competitors out of top 10 was using JR radios. 3D flight, which needs extreme responsivity, proved JR's unmistakable superiority over!


Winner Kyle Dahl (USA) :XG8
2nd Eitan Goldstin (Israel) :XG8
3rd Bhumipatara U ditananda (Thai):XG8
6th Jamie Robertson (USA):XG8
7th Michael Wisbacher (German):XG8
8th Sebastiano Gabutti (Italy):XG11
9th Bas de Groot (Netherland):JR

[Name of Event] 3D MASTERS 2012 -The World 3D Competition
[Place] Venlo, The Netherlands
[Official HP] http://www.3dmasters.org.uk/
FLYINGBOXER is offline Find More Posts by FLYINGBOXER
Last edited by FLYINGBOXER; Aug 10, 2012 at 09:53 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2012, 09:09 PM
Registered User
BuildItWright's Avatar
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Jul 2008
909 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYINGBOXER View Post
I think, before all this spektrum recalls and quality issues everybody was flying with spektrum, but nowadys, people is reserving his spektrum gear for foamies and gliders, and futaba, hitec, and new JR dmss for expensive aircrafts....

Almost everybody in my club is doing this nowadays... Reserving spektrum just for cheap and reserving trustier systems for their expensive airplanes or helis...

I think this is a new tendency we all are seeing today...!!!

I'm afraid to say in my club Spektrum now is being seen as a radio reserved only for toys, parkflyers and beginners...
I've using my DX8 (AR8000 Rx) in my latest parkflyer as well!

BIW
BuildItWright is offline Find More Posts by BuildItWright
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2012, 09:48 PM
Fly to live, live to fly
FLYINGBOXER's Avatar
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Nov 2010
54 Posts
Man, you got to have guts...!!! My Dx8 is reserved for my foamies only..!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuildItWright View Post
I've using my DX8 (AR8000 Rx) in my latest parkflyer as well!

BIW
FLYINGBOXER is offline Find More Posts by FLYINGBOXER
Last edited by FLYINGBOXER; Aug 10, 2012 at 11:05 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2012, 09:54 PM
Play tetris with my english
DaxFX's Avatar
Puerto Rico, San Juan
Joined May 2008
2,701 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYINGBOXER View Post
Or the other way around... How many proffesionals flyers or heli champions flies with futaba....?

By the way... JR DMSS swept on 3D masters 2012... Ask them also...


At "3D Maters 2012" held in Faeroe, Netherland on 13 - 15/July 2012, the competitors with JR DMSS swept the podium perfectly. Also, 7 competitors out of top 10 was using JR radios. 3D flight, which needs extreme responsivity, proved JR's unmistakable superiority over!


Winner Kyle Dahl (USA) :XG8
2nd Eitan Goldstin (Israel) :XG8
3rd Bhumipatara U ditananda (Thai):XG8
6th Jamie Robertson (USA):XG8
7th Michael Wisbacher (German):XG8
8th Sebastiano Gabutti (Italy):XG11
9th Bas de Groot (Netherland):JR

[Name of Event] 3D MASTERS 2012 -The World 3D Competition
[Place] Venlo, The Netherlands
[Official HP] http://www.3dmasters.org.uk/

Please have a look !
http://www.jrpropo.co.jp/english/propo/dmss/
First- did you read the TITLE ? Futaba vs Spektrum. Not Futaba vs JR. So JR are out of topic.

Second. If I have a sponsor that will buy for me my planes and tx. I will use whatever plane and radio they give me. I dont care if they failed they will pay another That is all about sponsor. So when people like you see the pros using something you will wanted.
DaxFX is offline Find More Posts by DaxFX
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2012, 10:03 PM
Registered User
BuildItWright's Avatar
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Jul 2008
909 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYINGBOXER View Post
Man, you have guts...!!! My Dx8 is reserved for my foamies only..!!!
It's called confidence, my Spektrum gear hasn't missed a beat in the 3 years I've been using it.
BuildItWright is offline Find More Posts by BuildItWright
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2012, 10:28 PM
Augermeister
dahawk47's Avatar
United States, TX, Keller
Joined Jul 2011
2,802 Posts
Ford is to Lexus like Spektrum is to Futaba Both get you from Point A to Point B but...
dahawk47 is online now Find More Posts by dahawk47
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Multirotor Arms: Round vs Square? TheFernMan Multirotor Talk 21 Oct 28, 2012 04:59 PM
Discussion Spektrum DX18 vs Futaba 12Z vs Hitec Aurora 9 townhoon Radios 37 Sep 20, 2012 05:03 PM
Discussion Spektrum Vs. Futaba Vs. Hitec RGS2010 Radios 61 Jul 27, 2012 03:45 AM
Discussion Brass vs Copper stock/round for ballast Twyl Slope 7 May 25, 2012 11:29 PM
Discussion Spektrum DX6 vs. Futaba vs. JR vs. ? oeginc Electric Plane Talk 35 Jul 01, 2006 09:39 AM