Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Aug 07, 2012, 07:23 PM
United States, CA, Burlingame
Joined Jul 2012
77 Posts
Discussion
My first experience with Hobby King

I made an order from Hobby King in late July. The Turnigy 9x wasn't in stock at the time of my order, but it was a few short days later.
My card was charged on July 24th and my package arrived today August 7th. There were 5 things total in my order. The box seemed a little beat up but nothing inside was damaged. The Turnigy box was even in good shape. There was some plastic bubble packaging material inside but not where the Turnigy tx was touching the side of the box.

Nothing was missing and nothing seems damaged although I haven't had a chance to use anything yet.

Here are some pics of the box and the contents. Shipping was 45 bucks.. Too steep IMO.

Var. is offline Find More Posts by Var.
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 08, 2012, 06:37 AM
RC plane addict ;-)
United Kingdom, England, Norwich
Joined Aug 2008
1,671 Posts
We all know HK does a good job with packing there parcels for the most part but we can't blame HK for how the parcel arrives at our door,thats down to the shippers (postal service) and we/you can always refuse a parcel no matter where it comes from if the box looks to be to beaten up and you think the contents might be damaged,i've had parcels come to my door which looked worse than what yours did and everything was fine inside,it was my choice to take the gamble.

Plus theres not much we can do if the postal service boys decide to play football with our parcels apart from send it back,HK don't decide on the prices we have to pay for shipping as thats down to the shippers,i think you will find thats one of the reasons HK is trying to open more word wide warehouse up,so we don't have to pay what some see as high postal costs,if you think about it the parcel can come from one side of the world to the other,so the cost seems fair to me,but you can always use a cheaper method of post if your not in a rush for it i guess.
startazz is online now Find More Posts by startazz
Old Aug 08, 2012, 12:15 PM
Joined Jul 2012
77 Posts
All in all, I'm being picky. If I didn't like the prices I wouldn't have ordered from them.
One thing I did notice about HK is that they don't post the date that you placed your order anywhere. Maybe so you don't freak out when you realize how long it's been.

The closest thing I could find to an order date was hovering my mouse over the first green check mark and it will display the date that status changed to paid.
Old Aug 08, 2012, 12:18 PM
Former Futaba employee
Joined Aug 2006
1,178 Posts
Var I also noticed that about the date thing and luckilly I save all my emails and went back and did a search in my email with my order # to see the date when I ordered something.
keyman923 is offline Find More Posts by keyman923
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 08, 2012, 01:43 PM
Space Coast USA
Space Coast
Joined Oct 2000
20,711 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Var. View Post
All in all, I'm being picky. If I didn't like the prices I wouldn't have ordered from them.
One thing I did notice about HK is that they don't post the date that you placed your order anywhere. Maybe so you don't freak out when you realize how long it's been.

The closest thing I could find to an order date was hovering my mouse over the first green check mark and it will display the date that status changed to paid.
Me too.....
I look at the email they send me confirming the order. That comes within minutes of ordering. They send another email shortly after that confirming payment.

Have you not been getting emails?
hoppy is offline Find More Posts by hoppy
Old Aug 08, 2012, 01:49 PM
Joined Jul 2012
77 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoppy View Post
Me too.....
I look at the email they send me confirming the order. That comes within minutes of ordering. They send another email shortly after that confirming payment.

Have you not been getting emails?
I got them..but just pointing out..An order date is a pretty basic piece of info they should have right next to your order details on the site
Old Aug 08, 2012, 04:06 PM
United States, MI, Portage
Joined Sep 2011
4,090 Posts
Var, always use paypal that way you can just check on your order date easily, have extra buyer protection and you dont have to pay any fees to use it(for buying anyways lol). Are you going to mod that 9x? Er9x with spektrum dsm2 capability is awesome
3d astronaut is offline Find More Posts by 3d astronaut
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Fatshark Attitude 1.3ghz
Old Aug 08, 2012, 05:14 PM
Joined Jul 2012
77 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudflying View Post
Var, always use paypal that way you can just check on your order date easily, have extra buyer protection and you dont have to pay any fees to use it(for buying anyways lol). Are you going to mod that 9x? Er9x with spektrum dsm2 capability is awesome
I ordered the smartieparts programmer on the same day and still haven't received it :/
Old Aug 09, 2012, 04:33 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
353 Posts
Var, I believe HK requires that you register your batteries as soon as you receive them. Read their battery warranty and check the batteries carefully. Check everything you bought to make sure it all works. Hopefully you used Paypal you may need their help if there is a problem. Remember you only have 45 days to file a Paypal claim. Good Luck.
valanti256 is offline Find More Posts by valanti256
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)