SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by xplaneguy, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Aug 07, 2012, 06:11 PM
Clear Skies & Contrails
Edwards AFB, CA
Joined May 2009
2,508 Posts
New Product
Durafly 1100mm P-51D Mustang

When it comes to cool warbirds.... it's hard to beat the North American P-51 Mustang. The new Durafly/FMS P-51D is not only a great looking foam example of the Mustang, it's a great flying model. Like many of the FMS products, this aircraft is an amazing example of scale detail and great features which include: electric retracts, flaps, scale paint/markings, scale prop, scale pilot, removable drop tanks and wing tip lights. It flies on a 11.1 v 2200 mAh battery. I painted the exhaust, control horns, antenna and wheel rims.

Another sweet warbird from Durafly!

Best,
Tony
xplaneguy is offline Find More Posts by xplaneguy
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by xplaneguy; Aug 14, 2012 at 10:54 AM. Reason: Photo added
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 19, 2012, 05:14 AM
Love Flying History
United States, VA, Front Royal
Joined Sep 2011
797 Posts
Hey Tony,
again nice photos. I'm in the market of getting a new mustang, and was looking at this one. Did you change enything electric wise or is it all stock? I would guess with flaps, lights, and retracks a seperate BEC would be a no brainer.

Thanks ,
Loyd
mustangloyd is offline Find More Posts by mustangloyd
Old Aug 19, 2012, 08:19 AM
Landing, watch your ass!!!
Joined Dec 2010
89 Posts
Really love the Durafly line of the birds, i am a new guy into the rc world, i have a question how can i cpmpensate the ele and the thro when the flaps in the landing position when i slide in, thanks.
flyball is offline Find More Posts by flyball
Old Aug 19, 2012, 11:15 PM
Clear Skies & Contrails
Edwards AFB, CA
Joined May 2009
2,508 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangloyd View Post
Hey Tony,
again nice photos. I'm in the market of getting a new mustang, and was looking at this one. Did you change enything electric wise or is it all stock? I would guess with flaps, lights, and retracks a seperate BEC would be a no brainer.

Thanks ,
Loyd
Hey Loyd,

Mine is stock with no separate BEC. If you're flying during summer temps above 85 degree, check your ESC after each flight to ensure it's not getting too hot.

Best,
Tony
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 19, 2012, 11:19 PM
Clear Skies & Contrails
Edwards AFB, CA
Joined May 2009
2,508 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyball View Post
Really love the Durafly line of the birds, i am a new guy into the rc world, i have a question how can i cpmpensate the ele and the thro when the flaps in the landing position when i slide in, thanks.
flyball,

I fly all my aircraft without mixing but you can mix in some down elevator when you deploy tje flaps.

Best,
Tony
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 23, 2013, 01:41 PM
Clear Skies & Contrails
Edwards AFB, CA
Joined May 2009
2,508 Posts
Here's a nice low level fly by photo taken by my friend Paul.

Best,
Tony
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 23, 2013, 11:37 PM
figuring it out...sort of!
USA, OR, Happy Valley
Joined Jul 2010
1,025 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xplaneguy View Post
Here's a nice low level fly by photo taken by my friend Paul.

Best,
Tony
nice shot!
goodhumormarc is offline Find More Posts by goodhumormarc