SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 07, 2012, 07:00 PM
United States, FL, Sebastian
Joined Jun 2008
14 Posts
Discussion
Tenergy balancing charger problem

I have a Tenergy TB6B balancing charger. The input has alligator clips. I inadvertantly touched the positive clip to the negative terminal on the source power supply. There was a small spark and now the charger will not power up. Does anyone know if this unit has an internal fuse device ? lleach1
lleach1 is offline Find More Posts by lleach1
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 07, 2012, 09:19 PM
RC Helicopter Pilot
United States, CA, Westminster
Joined Mar 2010
1,696 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lleach1 View Post
Does anyone know if this unit has an internal fuse device ? lleach1
Good question.
Does the owners manual say anything?

Most of these little chargers are so cheap that the manufacturer doesn't spend the money for anything like a fuse to protect the charger.
I would bet they figure "good, you screwed up, now buy another one from us".

Sorry for your lose.
TheWoodCrafter is offline Find More Posts by TheWoodCrafter
Old Aug 08, 2012, 08:02 AM
USA, GA, Marietta
Joined Aug 2005
5,796 Posts
Are you sure it's the charger that is bad? Could the power supply have failed? Have you checked the power supply output with a meter?

Glen
ggcrandall1 is offline Find More Posts by ggcrandall1
Old Aug 08, 2012, 08:07 AM
Joined Jun 2008
14 Posts
Thanks for the reply. The power supply is a powerful solar powered unit at our flying field. It is OK.
Old Aug 08, 2012, 08:09 AM
Joined Jun 2008
14 Posts
Thanks. You are probably right. Without a schematic it is hard to determine what might have failed. By the time I send it back and pay for shipping and repairs I can buy three more.
Old Aug 08, 2012, 01:42 PM
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Jan 2007
5,309 Posts
That's just another one of the myriad of clones of that sort. (Accucel-6, IMAX B6, Thunderpower....etc)
Easy to open up and take a look.
Likely you fried something and it would be more trouble than it's worth to fix it.
flydiver is offline Find More Posts by flydiver
Old Aug 08, 2012, 08:39 PM
Joined Jun 2008
14 Posts

Thanks for the replies guys. I opened it up and there was no fuse and no apparent damage. I plugged it into my shop power supply and it powers up and works fine. Must have tripped a breaker at the field. lleach1