HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 07, 2012, 06:00 PM
Team Rag-A-Muffin'
United States, MS, Gulfport
Joined Dec 2010
269 Posts
Fly-In
MCRCC Fall Fly In 3 Day Event

MCRCC will be hosting our 15th annual Fall Fly In on Saturday October 20th, 2012

It will be our first 03 day event.
We have a 200' x 400' grass runway, that was just leveled last winter, 18 pit stalls with power at each one (and they are big enough for more than one person each), 04 starting stations, and 05 pilot stands.
You must hold an AMA membership to fly.
We welcome every kind of aircraft: Warbirds, Civilian, Aerobatic, 3-D, Electric, Gas, Glow, Helis', Foamy, Quad...whatever you have...come show it and let's see it fly!

AND, YES we allow Gas Turbines. So bring your jets, you will need to provide your own fire extinguisher for gas turbines.

There is RV parking available less than 1/8 of a mile away, with water and power. We can also put RV at the field, but do not have potable water for RVs'

Free Fun Fly on Friday October 19, 2012
Bring your RV and family.
We will grill, so if you want something special to eat...bring it.

On Saturday we will hold the actual Fly In
Gates open at 8:00 a.m.
$10.00 landing fee.
Registered pilots will receive give aways.
There will be a 50/50 raffle
And, there will be a raffle for one piece of merchandise (I'll let you know more when I find out what it is, but you wont be disappointed). UPDATE...make that 3 items in the raffle (one Aeroworks SU-31 electric profile ARF, one 3D Hobby Shop 48" electric Edge 540 ARF, and one Realflight G6 Flight Simulator). We will be pulling the tickets from the same jar...so you have a better chance of getting something.
Food will be on site.

Sponsors who have signed on for Saturday are: Aero-works, Hobbico, Balsa USA, Hobby Town USA, B and E Graphics, Troy Built, Chief Aircraft, Callie Graphics, 3D Hobby Shop, Tru Turn, Atlanta Hobby, DW Foamies, RTL Fasteners, PSP Mfg., Graph Tech RC and Orange Grove Hobby Shop!!!!!

Final Free Fun Fly on Sunday, before everyone packs up and heads home.

Help us make this the biggest, best family fun fly in event the Ms. Coast has ever seen!!!!! Just a good time folks.

Our club web site is:
mcrcc.net

Our Address is 11001 County Farm Rd. Saucier, Ms. 39574
Lat: 30.471905 Lon: -89.153023
If you have any questions, please e-mail me at:
kchan162@yahoo.com
And I will get back to you as soon as I can.
Thank You!!!!!
KenSue is offline Find More Posts by KenSue
Last edited by KenSue; Oct 13, 2012 at 10:22 AM. Reason: Add sponsor info
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 07, 2012, 06:02 PM
Team Rag-A-Muffin'
Joined Dec 2010
269 Posts
The equestrian center is where the RV parking is located, that is why there are photo's of the entrance. Just to help with recognition when you get here
Old Aug 17, 2012, 03:22 PM
Team Rag-A-Muffin'
Joined Dec 2010
269 Posts
Here's The Flyer!
Old Sep 01, 2012, 02:02 PM
Team Rag-A-Muffin'
Joined Dec 2010
269 Posts
The official word is...the field and all of the amenities survived Hurricane Isaac!!!!
So plan for this one!
Old Sep 28, 2012, 08:41 PM
Team Rag-A-Muffin'
Joined Dec 2010
269 Posts
The preparations are in full swing!
Old Oct 12, 2012, 03:42 PM
Team Rag-A-Muffin'
Joined Dec 2010
269 Posts
One week away! I've started watching the weather reports, on a couple of weather web sites. With some minor variations, they are pretty much the same...a weekend of clear skies...an average of 4 m.p.h. winds...and an average temperature of low to middle 70's. I don't think it can get much better than that...that is "IF" it stays that way. Looking forward to seeing you at the field!
Old Oct 18, 2012, 07:26 PM
Team Rag-A-Muffin'
Joined Dec 2010
269 Posts
Well, it's that time! Our first 3 day event is finally here! We are prepped and ready for the weekend. The weather is supposed to be outstanding, and the main event on Saturday will host nice sunny warm skies, with winds at 2-5...right down the runway (at least that's the prediction for now)!
Old Oct 22, 2012, 01:46 PM
Team Rag-A-Muffin'
Joined Dec 2010
269 Posts
The fly in was a huge success! The weather was perfect, not a cloud in site, temp in the mid 70's, ant the winds were 2-5 right down the runway. We saw all kinds of aircraft...old, new,.40 size to 100cc's, every kind of wing design, quads and tri-copters, profiles and scratch builds. The only fatalities were my beloved Stick (which found one...um make it several trees), and our Club President (who lost a couple of electrics). Thanks to all who showed, and made it possible! The Big One will be back next year, and we're going to make it bigger! See ya there.