HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 07, 2012, 03:08 PM
United States, MD, Glen Burnie
Joined Mar 2012
331 Posts
Question
blade 450x help

i just got a blade 450x the other day and love it but im learning 3d on it and ive noticed the tail kicks out a tiny bit when giving more pitch. my gyro gain is at the stock setup what the manual tells you to start with ive changed it in both directions to see if it helps but it still kicks a tiny bit its nothing major its just if i can get rid of that i would like it more. is there a adjustment on the beastx i can do to get it to hold better? just please comment if theres anything you think i should try. thanks
VENOMiTry is offline Find More Posts by VENOMiTry
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 07, 2012, 03:25 PM
Joined Jul 2011
1,389 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by VENOMiTry View Post
i just got a blade 450x the other day and love it but im learning 3d on it and ive noticed the tail kicks out a tiny bit when giving more pitch. my gyro gain is at the stock setup what the manual tells you to start with ive changed it in both directions to see if it helps but it still kicks a tiny bit its nothing major its just if i can get rid of that i would like it more. is there a adjustment on the beastx i can do to get it to hold better? just please comment if theres anything you think i should try. thanks
I had same problem before. I changed tail servo to MKS DS95i and tail is solid rock now though 95i is expensive.
wlee1017 is offline Find More Posts by wlee1017
Old Aug 07, 2012, 05:42 PM
Rocket Programmer
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2007
25,354 Posts
You just need a faster servo. The tail will always kick out a little bit... you have changed the amount of reaction force it has to deal with, and you changed it quickly. The gyro can never respond to anything that hasn't happened yet, so it has to wait for the tail to start to kick out before it can do anything. If the servo isn't fast enough, the tail is going to continue to blow out until the servo can "catch" it. As long as the tail goes back to where it was, then it shouldn't be a problem... but if it blows out and stays there, you might try increasing the gain.
jasmine2501 is offline Find More Posts by jasmine2501
Old Aug 07, 2012, 08:50 PM
Joined Mar 2012
331 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wlee1017 View Post
I had same problem before. I changed tail servo to MKS DS95i and tail is solid rock now though 95i is expensive.
so a faster servo would fix the problem?
Old Aug 07, 2012, 08:59 PM
Joined Jul 2011
1,389 Posts
Quote:
so a faster servo would fix the problem?
I did all you had tried but the problem gone after I put faster digital servo. You don't have to put MKS, it is kind of expensive. Any faster high speed digital tail servo better than DS76T is worth to try. Anyway, you may have to balance center of gravity (COG) as my 95i kind of heavy and I have to do COG balance.
wlee1017 is offline Find More Posts by wlee1017
Old Aug 07, 2012, 09:12 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2012
1,090 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasmine2501 View Post
You just need a faster servo.
Really? That stock DS76T servo is FAST. Like 0.03sec/60degrees fast...and that's at 4.8V... What else out there is faster?

http://www.e-fliterc.com/Products/De...odID=EFLRDS76T
sertav is offline Find More Posts by sertav
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Aug 07, 2012, 09:14 PM
Rocket Programmer
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2007
25,354 Posts
Probably an optimistic rating
Old Aug 07, 2012, 09:14 PM
Joined Mar 2012
331 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sertav View Post
Really? That stock DS76T servo is FAST. Like 0.03sec/60degrees fast...and that's at 4.8V... What else out there is faster?

http://www.e-fliterc.com/Products/De...odID=EFLRDS76T
i just noticed that. im guessing thats wrong cause not even savox has a faster servo
Old Aug 07, 2012, 09:20 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2012
1,090 Posts
Quote:
i just noticed that. im guessing thats wrong cause not even savox has a faster servo
I spoke directly with Mikel G., the designer of the Blade 450 3D and 450 X, and he said that servo was specifically designed for fast operation with the latest gyros, either tail specific or FBL. He said if there were any performance problems with the tail, it was NOT the DS76T, as long as it was working correctly. I had this discussion with him because the frame rate for that servo wasn't listed anywhere and I needed it so I could set it up with a Spartan Quark tail gyro on my 450 3D after my stock G210 died. That servo performs fantastically with that gyro. It's literally like having a robotic tail because it's so locked in. Speed (or lack of it) is NOT an issue.
Old Aug 07, 2012, 09:23 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2012
1,090 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasmine2501 View Post
Probably an optimistic rating
Like all the others aren't? It might be a little "fragile" in a crash, but it's a seriously great performing tail specific servo. And, gears are cheap...easy to rebuild...
Old Aug 07, 2012, 09:25 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2011
31 Posts
Since you have the BeastX, you could of tried adjusting the precomp first.
I have the beastX on my shita 500
ForumFever is offline Find More Posts by ForumFever
Last edited by ForumFever; Nov 19, 2012 at 07:40 AM.
Old Aug 07, 2012, 09:27 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2012
1,090 Posts
I believe we called this REVO MIX back in the bad old days before HH gyros.
Old Aug 07, 2012, 09:28 PM
Rocket Programmer
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2007
25,354 Posts
Yeah maybe so, but I wouldn't exactly rely on the word of someone whose livelihood depends on it. I have never been impressed with the Spek servos and they vary in quality. It is possible to get a bad one. I've had two of them fail for no reason. Will probably convert my 300X eventually because of that.
Old Aug 07, 2012, 09:33 PM
Joined Mar 2012
331 Posts
its not a huge deal and its barely any kick. i prefer no tail movement if its possible when giving pitch. so is there a setting on the beastx i could adjust to see if it helps. i havent looked at the manual to see what all of it does yet. also the servo seems to work great but im not a fan of plastic gears on anything so i might upgrade the servos either way
Old Aug 07, 2012, 09:37 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2011
31 Posts
Quote:
its not a huge deal and its barely any kick. i prefer no tail movement if its possible when giving pitch. so is there a setting on the beastx i could adjust to see if it helps. i havent looked at the manual to see what all of it does yet. also the servo seems to work great but im not a fan of plastic gears on anything so i might upgrade the servos either way
I can't be bothered explaining it here as I'm going to bed.

But over on HF there is a board specifically for the BeastX.

There is a thread on the BeastX and Gig board that talks all about "precomp" and tail kick fixes with the BeastX.

The BeastX has some great parameters, and you should nip over to have a good read about them.
ForumFever is offline Find More Posts by ForumFever
Last edited by ForumFever; Nov 19, 2012 at 07:41 AM.