SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by Pancari, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Aug 07, 2012, 07:38 AM
What Do You Drive?
United States, PA, Folsom
Joined Jan 2012
704 Posts
Discussion
Commentary on the New Yellow V911

I like yellow and only a few automobiles can pull off the color and they are a Ferrari and the more far affordable Corvette, but I'm not sure if yellow is offered in 2012.

And when it comes to heliís yellow is very prominent color and Ribble said it best, ďI can see itĒ. This seems over-simplistic but the man has a strong point, my black V911 is useless against trees in the background

Thereís been a lot of chatter about the new yellow V911 so I decided to do an informal analysis of the comments in the group. And let me start with the brilliant analysis by KKDDMM who really took a look at this micro and concluded it is not a WL product but a cloned Juichon 9C002.

While there has been a few positive comments of late like ďfly straight, easy to fly, I like the colorĒ, at the end of July and early August there was a flurry of negative comments about this BNF heli.

Looking at the big picture lt me say that to spend less than 25 bucks is a deal for ANYTHING when you consider the stock market hasnít done anything in 11 years, getting joy from less than a c-note that will not make you fat, raise cholesterol, increase your blood pressure, get you thrown in jail or get your mate pissed off at you is definitely a beautiful thing.

But the list of problems seem to be overwhelming by our members like, servo problems fixed by proper binding, binding problems, seems slower, incompatibility with other V911 blades w/o some work, problems with the heli from AliExress and Ebay.

Perhaps Stonecutter said it best a month ago in his video when he commented...

"Significant 'rocking'. I suppose this is 'shudders' version 2. Noticable downgrade in power compared to origiinal v911"

yellow WL Toys v911: stock (1 min 4 sec)

This was later fixed with a paddlebar

yellow WL Toys v911 with long paddled flybar, ground hover (3 min 41 sec)

But as of late I have seen a few positive comments begin to float in.

For some, heliís are about collection, one of every color, and this idea holds up for a novice when you are trashing your heliís as you fly into everything conceivable and youíre down while waiting for parts..

But letís face it, life has few real rules. When I was in my 20ís I thought decisions were 98% right and wrong with 2% of decisions fall into a grey zone. But after a few years in engineering I soon realized the opposite was true, that 2% of life decisions were right or wrong and the grey zone was the balance 98%.

So when it comes to the yellow V911, the only real rule is to fly it with a Turnigy 9x.

Sometimes you just need to enjoy your life and everything else just doesnít matter.
Pancari is offline Find More Posts by Pancari
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 07, 2012, 08:26 AM
USAF Retired - 1968-1988
United States, IL, Mascoutah
Joined Dec 2010
3,206 Posts
I have nothing but positive comments on the yellow v911. I take my blue/white outside and have a blast..last night I took the yellow one outside and I had another blast. IMO it flys just as good if not better than the blue/white one. Piros good and zips all over the place....unlike the msr/9958, it doesn't get away from me and go wild. Goes where I tell it too and comes back.
Jake8131 is online now Find More Posts by Jake8131
Old Aug 07, 2012, 01:27 PM
Flying mostly micro's
United States, WV, Vienna
Joined Mar 2007
606 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancari View Post
I like yellow and only a few automobiles can pull off the color and they are a Ferrari and the more far affordable Corvette, but I'm not sure if yellow is offered in 2012.

And when it comes to heliís yellow is very prominent color and Ribble said it best, ďI can see itĒ. This seems over-simplistic but the man has a strong point, my black V911 is useless against trees in the background

Thereís been a lot of chatter about the new yellow V911 so I decided to do an informal analysis of the comments in the group. And let me start with the brilliant analysis by KKDDMM who really took a look at this micro and concluded it is not a WL product but a cloned Juichon 9C002.

While there has been a few positive comments of late like ďfly straight, easy to fly, I like the colorĒ, at the end of July and early August there was a flurry of negative comments about this BNF heli.

Looking at the big picture lt me say that to spend less than 25 bucks is a deal for ANYTHING when you consider the stock market hasnít done anything in 11 years, getting joy from less than a c-note that will not make you fat, raise cholesterol, increase your blood pressure, get you thrown in jail or get your mate pissed off at you is definitely a beautiful thing.

But the list of problems seem to be overwhelming by our members like, servo problems fixed by proper binding, binding problems, seems slower, incompatibility with other V911 blades w/o some work, problems with the heli from AliExress and Ebay.

Perhaps Stonecutter said it best a month ago in his video when he commented...

"Significant 'rocking'. I suppose this is 'shudders' version 2. Noticable downgrade in power compared to origiinal v911"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xl52FvOlw80

This was later fixed with a paddlebar

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSsbe3xPPms

But as of late I have seen a few positive comments begin to float in.

For some, heliís are about collection, one of every color, and this idea holds up for a novice when you are trashing your heliís as you fly into everything conceivable and youíre down while waiting for parts..

But letís face it, life has few real rules. When I was in my 20ís I thought decisions were 98% right and wrong with 2% of decisions fall into a grey zone. But after a few years in engineering I soon realized the opposite was true, that 2% of life decisions were right or wrong and the grey zone was the balance 98%.

So when it comes to the yellow V911, the only real rule is to fly it with a Turnigy 9x.

Sometimes you just need to enjoy your life and everything else just doesnít matter.
Great review! I really wanted to get a couple of yellow ones to add to my fleet but after finding out that they were juchion instead of WL toys I've been very reluctant because I heard nothing but bad things about the 9c002's after they came out. they were pretty much universally panned as junk so I never bought one. The v911 however changed everything for me, and helped me be a better pilot and enjoy myself so I love them and have about six in various colors except blue/white and the new yellow one.(which as it turns out is not a real v911 at all) so I'm still on the fence about getting them. People that have them for the most part seem to like them but I'm still uneasy about getting anything but the real WL toys version since all of mine fly as well as the day I got them after all these months...
BlueHavoc is offline Find More Posts by BlueHavoc
Old Aug 07, 2012, 02:48 PM
What Do You Drive?
Joined Jan 2012
704 Posts
BH... thanks for the kind words,

I was ready to buy a yellow V911 but decided to take one ore look and still have mixed feeling on the yellow V911. However..

Jake loves his yellow V911. The V911 is really a top flyer to me, but I'm a novice, but for 20 bucks and the price of a decafe latte, they can't do anything wrong.

I'm kinda running out of room here in my office and gotta do something fast as my V929 doesn't have a home and another V911 will put me over the edge.

Ah geez,, I just looked behind me, I'm not getting any work done today
Last edited by Pancari; Aug 07, 2012 at 03:15 PM.
Old Aug 07, 2012, 02:55 PM
Flying mostly micro's
Joined Mar 2007
606 Posts
Quote:
BH... thanks for the kind words,

I was ready to buy a yellow V911 but decided to take one ore look and still have mixed feeling on the yellow V911. However..

Jake loves his yellow V911. The V911 is really a top flyer to me, but I'm a novice, but for 20 bucks and the price of a decafe latte, they can't do anything wrong.

I'm kinda running out of room here in my office and gotta do something fast as my V929 doesn't have a home and another V911 will put me over the edge.

Ah geez,, I just looked behind me, I'm not getting any work done today
I may end up just rolling the dice on the yellow one, they are inexpensive after all, and I love the way they look. great for visibility! - nice pic by the way, I have my MQX and tx in a harbor frieght case as well, and 5 or 6 of my v911's and my 9x tx in another! My case for the v911's is set up very similar to Darryoon's with my helis on the left & my tx on the right.
Last edited by BlueHavoc; Aug 07, 2012 at 03:01 PM.
Old Aug 07, 2012, 03:12 PM
What Do You Drive?
Joined Jan 2012
704 Posts
I feel the same way about a Y911, that's what we should call it, 25 bucks will NOT kill me, and everyone needs every color there is, right???? Note the photo, left side, blue and my Stealth black, very cool.
Old Aug 07, 2012, 03:57 PM
Flying mostly micro's
Joined Mar 2007
606 Posts
Quote:
I feel the same way about a Y911, that's what we should call it, 25 bucks will NOT kill me, and everyone needs every color there is, right???? Note the photo, left side, blue and my Stealth black, very cool.
right!
Old Aug 09, 2012, 03:06 PM
Flying mostly micro's
Joined Mar 2007
606 Posts
Quote:
I finally pulled the trigger on a yellow v911 and mjx x100 micro quad from banggood last night.I treated myself to a birthday present..lol - I'm omg! 50 today!..LOL
Old Aug 13, 2012, 12:29 AM
What Do You Drive?
Joined Jan 2012
704 Posts
I just saw this post, Happy Birthday BH a few days late.

Yeah, 50 is when things start to get kind of iffy, you move a little slower, pains begin to show up for no reason, allergies begin from things you never had a problems with and your eyes get a little fuzzier to name a few.

As far as 50, heck, I have hemorroids older than you. Another 30 days and I'm breaking 60 and as a pre-present, a week ago I began to have arthritis in my left thumb joint so when I place my left thumb on a stick.... pain.

But to keep things back on track, despite my analysis that was slanted on the negative side of Y911 ownership, I did order one for myself.

I like yellow and it is surely a lot better looking than the V911 black/orange paint scheme.. So the Banggood Delivery Timer has started, tic, tic, tic.
Old Aug 13, 2012, 12:22 PM
Flying mostly micro's
Joined Mar 2007
606 Posts
Hurry up BANGGOOD! and TY for the BD wishes!
Old Aug 16, 2012, 07:18 AM
Joined Dec 2010
10 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake8131 View Post
I have nothing but positive comments on the yellow v911. I take my blue/white outside and have a blast..last night I took the yellow one outside and I had another blast. IMO it flys just as good if not better than the blue/white one. Piros good and zips all over the place....unlike the msr/9958, it doesn't get away from me and go wild. Goes where I tell it too and comes back.
Could not have said it better myself - I own several of the "original" v911 and just received the "new" yellow v911 this week after a 3 week wait from Banggood.

The yellow heli flies beautifully - the only negative is that the battery falls out easier (although it is also much easier to lock into the slot on the skids). Also the new skids are far more durable.

For $19.99 from Banggood this heli is a steal. The yellow color is much easier to track in the sky during outdoor flights as well.
1000cc is offline Find More Posts by 1000cc
Old Aug 16, 2012, 07:22 AM
Joined Dec 2010
10 Posts
Forgot to add: during the wait for the new yellow v911 to arrive I flew my 9958 almost exclusively for the past few weeks (my motor died in my other v911). Although I thoroughly enjoy the 9958 and also own the original MSR there is simply no comparison in the level of control the v911 offers over the 9958. Although I can easily fly the 9958 for a full battery pack without crashes in either my living room or garage it is often like hanging on by a thread. The 9958/MSR was a lot more fun before I ever flew a v911 (best bang for buck in RC world!)

Only advantage the 9958 has is a very, very quiet motor which I ended up appreciating more than I would have thought.....that's it!
Old Aug 16, 2012, 10:11 AM
Flying mostly micro's
Joined Mar 2007
606 Posts
The ONLY thing I like better about the 9958's is that it's quieter & helps you learn a different skill set. I have 2 of them and thought they were great until I flew my first v911. Now they sit gathering dust and I fly my 6 - v911's all of the time and love them. I tell people all of the time You simply can't get a better 4ch fp heli for the money period. They are practically indestructible and fly great. I also own the solo pro 260a, solo pro 270a, MSRX, art tech fire fox etc. and the v911's fly better than all of them regardless of what they cost, and are WAY more durable. I bought spares along with my first v911 and after months of abuse from a newbie like me the ONLY part I've used was a flybar because on of my v911's lost a flybar weight after many many crashes! That's so awesome! You can learn without spending a fortune. The v911 has turned this segment of the hobby on it's ear for it's amazing value & fly-ability, (& that was the original v911!). By most accounts the new yellow juchion clone v911 is even MORE robust if you can believe that! I have one coming & I'm really looking forward to the comparison. I was also excited about the new Benma Helios 100, but my excitement soon waned when I found out that it would not be 9x compatible like the v911. It looks good on video but not different enough to get stuck with yet another stupid prioritized TX! I'm running out of room! I tell everyone that I know if you are coming from 3 & 4ch coxials and trying to make the leap over to single rotor FP helis, that imho NOTHING is better to learn on than the v911! especially combined with a 9x TX. That may change with the new micro helis coming out like the Helios & others on the way but unless they are 9X compatible they lose their attractiveness (to me anyway). I realize for some guys that the 9x compatibility is not an issue at all.
Old Aug 16, 2012, 01:37 PM
Joined Dec 2010
10 Posts
Yes sitting here in kitchen with new shipment from HobbyKing with my new 9x and blue backlight kit.

I agree with every word you said about v911 it is a phenomenal value.

My next hope is to see WL Toys intro a 120 sized heli that is similarly affordable and tough with the same degree of user friendliness.

Also agree about brand specific Txs - getting sick of them crowding the house - hope to consolidate the 9x to run all the v911s, 9958 and v929s. Disappointed that the Solo Pros are not compatible - also bummed the new Turnigy 100 sized full brushless from HobbyKing is not compatible. Pretty sure that will be a make or break factor in new heli purchases. Sick of the cheapie Txs cluttering up the house, not to mention the amount of Tenergy Nimh/LSD batts that are being wasted in all of these Txs.
Old Oct 03, 2012, 11:18 AM
Joined Sep 2012
5 Posts
Bad Y911

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1000cc View Post
Could not have said it better myself - I own several of the "original" v911 and just received the "new" yellow v911 this week after a 3 week wait from Banggood.

The yellow heli flies beautifully - the only negative is that the battery falls out easier (although it is also much easier to lock into the slot on the skids). Also the new skids are far more durable.

For $19.99 from Banggood this heli is a steal. The yellow color is much easier to track in the sky during outdoor flights as well.
Sorry, but I dont agree with the skids of the Y911. The skids looks sturdy alright, but then again looks sometimes deceive. The skids are brittle compared to the indestructible V911 skids.
I received mine from Bangood 2 days ago. Sad to say, I got one with an erratic servo. Binding it with stock WL V911 TX is just no good. You literally need to "BNF" everytime! The servo jerks involuntarilly. Too bad I never came across this thread before buying this Y911. I should've spent the money instead on masking tape and acryllic paint, then spray painted my V911 canopy yellow instead!
Art1274 is offline Find More Posts by Art1274