HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 06, 2012, 08:56 PM
Joined Sep 2005
152 Posts
Discussion
What Hobby Shops to visit In Las Vegas

I will be in Vegas on Sept 28 to Oct 3 and want to know what is the top 1 or 2 hobby shops to visit while in Vegas, Will be staying at the RIO and will have a car so we can drive.I am only interested in the hobby shops that carry goood RC airplane stuff. Also would like to visit a RC airport while in Vegas . Not sure what ones are there. Any help appreciated. Thanks in advance. Dale
Dale Sawchuk is offline Find More Posts by Dale Sawchuk
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 26, 2012, 03:07 PM
Really?!?
Lost ...on the 3rd rock out
Joined Sep 2001
1,238 Posts
Sorry to inform you, but we really don't have any "good" hobby shops here. The closest we had was a place calle "Nice Twice" But they were recently sold and the new owner has moved the store and it is really not worth the effort now. There are a few others in the immediate area, a "Hobby People" and a "Hobby Town", but neither are well stocked. If you want to look at moulded foam, OK. But if your a modeller, then not so good.

My number one gripe about Vegas is the lack of good hobby shops. But hey, while your in town, have some sushi, it's very good here. Try "Makinos" on Decature at Flamingo. Take in a show or two, they are as good as anything on Broadway. "Phantom" any of the "Cirque du Soleil", "La Reve", "Blue man group", "Penn and Teller", just to name a few...very, very good.

But don't bother looking for a "good" hobby shop.

For a good field, the Sam Boyd "Silver bowl" is about as good as it gets. You can PM me when you get here and I can give you directions then.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Chris
ChrisS is offline Find More Posts by ChrisS
Old Aug 28, 2012, 09:24 AM
cyberflyer_ace
Arizona
Joined Jan 2006
13 Posts
Big business RC store tactics

Just ordered an item from Tower Hobbies. Confirmed shipped via Email.
19 minutes later I get another Email from them offering free shipping for any order over $99.00. My order more then qualified. Called Tower and spoke with a service rep. They refused to apply the shipping credit to my order.... "The offer is not retroactive"... I have been a loyal customer of Tower Hobbies since the 80's. Now I'm having second thoughts. I may drop them. I just wanted to give you all a heads-up on their advertising tactics and lack of sympathy for a long time customer. .
cyberflyer_ace is offline Find More Posts by cyberflyer_ace
Old Sep 03, 2012, 03:47 PM
USA, PA, Westmoreland Co.
Joined Aug 2008
1,277 Posts
Why not go watch some real jets out by nellis, or watch wonder where the janet flights out of mccaren go. Find an rc field to go see too, maybe.
jonquinn is offline Find More Posts by jonquinn