HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 06, 2012, 07:08 PM
Cut the yellow wire
United States, NJ, Trenton
Joined Jan 2004
8,946 Posts
Alert
ROLL CALL: NEAT Fair

Well boys, it's almost that time. So who's going this year? I know me, Carlos and Gerry but who else will venture out into the mysterious and wild Catskills with us? Aren't you all so tired of hearing the stories we bring back of the great times and fantastic adventures we have there? There's float flying, park flying, giant planes, big planes, little planes, micro planes, night flying planes, vendors galore, food, drink, port-a-potties, cheap stuff for sale all along the flight line and pits. It's all there. First event I ever flew at was the NEAT Fair. It's a huge field so the flight lines are divided between the big stuff and the smaller stuff. Don't feel intimidated. Don't think you'll be an outsider. Show up and you're "in".

EDIT: This was originally posted in the "Clubs" section of RCG under the Bergen County section but it works just as well here. This is a big event with a small event feel to it. There is a Park Flyer flight line and a "Heavy Metal" flight line. If you can fly at your club field or your local park without hitting anything then you can easily fly at NEAT. The field is huge both in length and width. Don't let the photos fool you, those trees are really, really far away and the grass is short enough to ROG just about anything.
CarreraGTSCS is offline Find More Posts by CarreraGTSCS
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by CarreraGTSCS; Aug 13, 2012 at 08:24 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 08, 2012, 02:53 PM
Long Island, NY
Joined Mar 2008
85 Posts
I will be there Tuesday! Look forward to seeing and flying with our friends!!!
DAndreas is offline Find More Posts by DAndreas
Old Aug 09, 2012, 08:47 PM
Cut the yellow wire
Joined Jan 2004
8,946 Posts
Gerry and I are planning on pulling the camper up and starting our NEAT Fair on Wednesday. Really looking forward to it.

Mike
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Props
Old Aug 13, 2012, 08:19 PM
Cut the yellow wire
Joined Jan 2004
8,946 Posts
Dennis,
If I finish painting the camper I just might have time to complete the Trittle/Dare Sopwith Triplane. Work has been sucking the life out of me so I can't promise it'll be done in time. The camper has to be finished first. Either way I have my GP Fokker DVII for some Dawn Patrol flying.
Mike
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 14, 2012, 07:04 AM
Howell N.J
Joined Apr 2001
628 Posts
Neat Fair.

Hi Mike, you know of course I will be attending with my wife and this year we will be staying 2 nights. I have to tell anybody that is hesitant about attending, don't be
the flying site is fantastic, there are people of all skill levels from guys on buddy boxes, to top ranked competition pilots. One of the most important things to tell you is that last year, was the first ever flying event my wife attended with me in 20 years, she was so impressed, it was her idea to return and stay for 2 nights because of the people she met there, especially the Bergen county crew, ie: Mike, Carlos, Pat, and also the JCSF guys. These people exemplify the the best of the best in this hobby. So don't feel intimidated pack your gear and come to the event you won't be disappointed, because these fine people will make you feel right at home, as they did for my wife and myself last year. Tom Hunt puts on one great event and the attendees make it spectacular. The Bergen County club hosts with Castle Creations to put up a hospitality tent that is second to none, at night they have movies and snacks and lots of fun, you can also visit the Jersey Coast Sport fliers tent, as they do much of the same things and it's all about fun,fun, fun.

See Ya'll there
Eric and Lisa G.
Eric Giorgiantonio is offline Find More Posts by Eric Giorgiantonio
Last edited by Eric Giorgiantonio; Aug 14, 2012 at 07:12 AM.
Old Aug 14, 2012, 09:59 AM
Rochester, NY
United States, NY, Monroe
Joined May 2004
1,879 Posts
JustGoFly boys attending

We'll be making our yearly journey to beautiful Peaceful Valley Camp grounds for the much awaited NEAT FAIR. The boys from JustGoFly.com will certainly be enjoying the weekend from Thurs-Sunday. Three of my favorite things in one weekend: Flying, Great Food, and lots of ball busting.

Vinnie
JustGoFly is offline Find More Posts by JustGoFly
Old Aug 14, 2012, 10:11 AM
West Long Branch, NJ
Joined Oct 2003
936 Posts
Hmmm... I think I may stop by...

LOL, yeah, I'm there! This is year #10 for me. I'll be showing up Monday afternoon, waiting for the big top to show up on Tuesday. Really looking forward to catching up with everyone - it's NEAT reunion time!

Rob
stangrob is offline Find More Posts by stangrob
Old Aug 14, 2012, 10:21 AM
Can we lift the embargo?
menands flats, NY
Joined Dec 2006
1,539 Posts
I would like to go and have been a few times. What are the must go to days and Is the camping thing a whole new experience?? THanks
kenstogie is online now Find More Posts by kenstogie
Old Aug 14, 2012, 10:43 AM
Rochester, NY
United States, NY, Monroe
Joined May 2004
1,879 Posts
Saturday is the big day, including the evening events. If you have only one night to stay it would be Saturday night to Sunday. Friday is a lot of fun too. The Warbird funfly last year was bigger on Friday and more chaotic than on Saturday. Noon demos are a must see. Everyone invited to fly all day long. Bring a plane and sign up to fly.

They've always had camping - it is a camp site.

Vinnie
JustGoFly is offline Find More Posts by JustGoFly
Old Aug 14, 2012, 12:15 PM
Cut the yellow wire
Joined Jan 2004
8,946 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenstogie View Post
I would like to go and have been a few times. What are the must go to days and Is the camping thing a whole new experience?? THanks
Camping out just adds another dimension to the overall experience. It gets dark, really dark at night. The only ambient light is from the people camping and it doesn't radiate. It's a very unique experience to see so many stars (to us urban and suburbanites) and you'll probably never see so many night flyers in the air at the same time. One of the coolest night flying experiences I've ever had is watching Adam from the JCSF club fly one of his creations (no ARF's for him) up to about spec high and then he turns off the lights. All you can see is the dim red glow from the LED on the esc.

Waking up in the valley is petty special too. If you fly early you'll be flying in and out of the morning mist and low cloud. If you sleep in then you'll be awakened byTom's voice booming over the PA around 8AM.
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 14, 2012, 12:30 PM
You're killin' me Smalls
United States, NJ, Hillsborough Township
Joined Sep 2011
1,334 Posts
Will be my inaugural NEAT Fair, daughter's birthday will delay me until Friday morning bright and early. Save me a spot on the flight line

I've never seen Adam fly night (if that's Adam Lilley) most of what I've seen him do is giant scale passes 4" off the deck or trimming the trees with his Cub.
BrownEyedFool is offline Find More Posts by BrownEyedFool
Old Aug 14, 2012, 01:00 PM
Oxford, Michigan, United States
Joined Aug 1999
2,224 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangrob View Post
Hmmm... I think I may stop by...

LOL, yeah, I'm there! This is year #10 for me. I'll be showing up Monday afternoon, waiting for the big top to show up on Tuesday. Really looking forward to catching up with everyone - it's NEAT reunion time!

Rob
You said it ROB!
Petefoss is offline Find More Posts by Petefoss
Old Aug 14, 2012, 01:05 PM
Can we lift the embargo?
menands flats, NY
Joined Dec 2006
1,539 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustGoFly View Post
Saturday is the big day, including the evening events. If you have only one night to stay it would be Saturday night to Sunday. Friday is a lot of fun too. The Warbird funfly last year was bigger on Friday and more chaotic than on Saturday. Noon demos are a must see. Everyone invited to fly all day long. Bring a plane and sign up to fly.

They've always had camping - it is a camp site.

Vinnie
Thanks Vinnie, I meant to ask is the camping thing a must do as in very cool and fun thing to do? I did know they had camping there. I even shot some video of it a few year back..... The first year I tried to fly....

RC airplane NEAT 2007 (0 min 36 sec)

Thanks Carrera. Maybe I can persuade the GF to go. Are they board to tears or do they have fun??
kenstogie is online now Find More Posts by kenstogie
Old Aug 14, 2012, 01:16 PM
West Long Branch, NJ
Joined Oct 2003
936 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownEyedFool View Post
Will be my inaugural NEAT Fair, daughter's birthday will delay me until Friday morning bright and early. Save me a spot on the flight line

I've never seen Adam fly night (if that's Adam Lilley) most of what I've seen him do is giant scale passes 4" off the deck or trimming the trees with his Cub.
Yes, it's THAT Adam

Rob
stangrob is offline Find More Posts by stangrob
Old Aug 14, 2012, 01:28 PM
United States, NJ, Browns Mills
Joined May 2005
1,696 Posts
Micki and I will be there with our new travel trailer (no more pop-ups--Yay!) and our new beagle pup, Josie (she'll be 7 months old at NEAT).

Of course, we'll also be working the fair, covering it for Quiet and Electric Flight International. So, lots of walking up and down the flight line, taking pictures and getting info. Who needs aerobics?

Bill
Captain Dunsel is offline Find More Posts by Captain Dunsel