HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 10, 2013, 06:08 PM
Seflier
Joined Jun 2012
125 Posts
Hi Ken,

No, not at all...the poly actually help seal ad protect them...if your decals are coloreful, it makes them look even better.....experiment to verify, but i have tried it on all 11 of my hgr birds and decals are just fine...btw, you
r suggested fasteners worked great!
happy landings
seflier is offline Find More Posts by seflier
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 10, 2013, 06:58 PM
United States, TX, Johnson City
Joined Mar 2005
1,122 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by seflier View Post
Hi Ken,

No, not at all...the poly actually help seal ad protect them...if your decals are coloreful, it makes them look even better.....experiment to verify, but i have tried it on all 11 of my hgr birds and decals are just fine...btw, you
r suggested fasteners worked great!
happy landings
Thanks I will try the poly, as far as the fasteners go I wish I could take credit but someone and I don't know who suggested them (the 3mm) I just expended on it. Darn good idea though makes that plane fly like a trooper

Ken Smith
Ken Smith is offline Find More Posts by Ken Smith
Old Feb 12, 2013, 08:28 AM
United States, MI, Wyandotte
Joined Jun 2011
178 Posts
Well I'm told I should have my Waco on Friday...I can't wait to see it..
I stumbled across a old thread and was wondering if it is something that couuld be used to reinforce or remake the plastic strut mounts that seem to be a weak point on this plane. The product is called Instamorph moldable plastic. I don't know what kind of tensile strentgh the stuff has after it hardens, anyone have any experience with it?
DejaD is offline Find More Posts by DejaD
Old Feb 12, 2013, 02:39 PM
United States, TX, Johnson City
Joined Mar 2005
1,122 Posts
I really wouldn't worry about this there were two, three at the most that had problems and I think the best approach to correct any problems is to go with the larger bolt, washers and locknuts. This has been covered in about 5 or 6 post by me and others. I have two planes each has over 60 HOURS of flying on them with no problems.

Ken Smith
Ken Smith is offline Find More Posts by Ken Smith
Old Feb 12, 2013, 03:50 PM
Seflier
Joined Jun 2012
125 Posts
6Sally5

Your props were a great idea! Thanks for sharing...I bought a bag of them....Question regarding the fit of the prop.....The zinger 12/6 does not fit on my motor stem...what must be done to accommodate this prop on this a/c? TIA

Happy landings

Seflier
Old Feb 12, 2013, 03:52 PM
United States, MI, Wyandotte
Joined Jun 2011
178 Posts
Thanks Ken. I'm hopeful that it won't be an issue, I was just preparing myself should a repair/replacement be needed. That Instamorph stuff look interesting anyway. I thought about picking some up just to play with. Theres got to be a million uses for that stuff...or at least one good one.
DejaD is offline Find More Posts by DejaD
Old Feb 12, 2013, 04:37 PM
USA, MI, Portage
Joined Sep 2003
788 Posts
Seflier- props

is the prop shaft too big or too small? If too big then ream out prop to correct size, If too small, you need a spacer.
skylane42 is offline Find More Posts by skylane42
Old Feb 12, 2013, 07:28 PM
Seflier
Joined Jun 2012
125 Posts
prop shaft that came with a/c is just a bit oversized...you say ream out, i trust my best bet is to put it on a drill press to ensure a straight accurate drill hole correct?

TIA
Happy Landings
Old Feb 12, 2013, 07:33 PM
United States, SC, Greenville
Joined Jun 2011
253 Posts
Quote:
prop shaft that came with a/c is just a bit oversized...you say ream out, i trust my best bet is to put it on a drill press to ensure a straight accurate drill hole correct?

TIA
Happy Landings
Or this...

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXEGH6&P=ML

...But yes.

Norm
Norm62 is offline Find More Posts by Norm62
Old Feb 12, 2013, 08:13 PM
United States, CA, Lincoln
Joined Jan 2011
726 Posts
Quote:
6Sally5

Your props were a great idea! Thanks for sharing...I bought a bag of them....Question regarding the fit of the prop.....The zinger 12/6 does not fit on my motor stem...what must be done to accommodate this prop on this a/c? TIA

Happy landings

Seflier
I have a prop reamer that is the same size as the stock prop. Also I believe a 5/16th's drill bit will open the hole to the correct size.
6Sally5 is offline Find More Posts by 6Sally5
Old Feb 12, 2013, 10:32 PM
Radio-active flyer
Canada, ON, Port Hope
Joined Apr 2012
1,116 Posts
I was wondering if someone could jog my memory regarding mixing baby powder and Poly Crylic, and to what consistency the mix should be for priming? My Waco is finally on the bench and the repaint underway. There are a few dings and gaps to fill in before the priming begins.

Also, has anyone had any luck with the LEDs? I can't fathom the red landing lights? That's not a new FAA regulation is it?? LOL!!

Thanks.

Rem
Rem Fodder is offline Find More Posts by Rem Fodder
Old Feb 13, 2013, 09:41 AM
United States, NY, Binghamton
Joined Feb 2013
28 Posts
New to RCGroups. I have the Waco and have seen several posts indicating that the CG as listed in the manual is wrong. I'd like to get a good general consensus by those that have been flying the plane for a while as to what the CG should actually be for good sport aerobatics. Thanks guys
twowingtj is offline Find More Posts by twowingtj
Old Feb 13, 2013, 09:57 AM
Chop it, cut it, bash it
United States, CA, La Caņada Flintridge
Joined Jul 2011
5,762 Posts
My Patch Plus sample arrived from 3M. Looks promising. looks the same as regular light weight spackle. I keep you guys posted.
quitcherbitchen is offline Find More Posts by quitcherbitchen
Old Feb 13, 2013, 11:26 AM
Always Ready!
Chicago, IL
Joined Dec 2006
5,181 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhead_71 View Post
These pilots from Hobbyking are pretty nice and the price is right.

For anyone who is interested... I ordered these and they fit PERFECTLY! The cockpit width is about 73mm or 2-7/8". This pilot is about 66mm or 2-5/8" at the shoulders so there's about 1/8" clearance at each shoulder (or 3.5mm). The height of the head is just at the top of the windshield. There are two color versions, a tan coat and a green coat. And if you get colored Sharpies, you can make him any color you want.

Just so's you know, HK has a confusing way of measuring the sizes. Instead of providing an actual scale, they usually give three dimensions: Length, Width, Height. But Length is the shoulder-width and Width is the chest depth from front to back.

Other HK pilots that will fit:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...emale_1_6.html (HK's measurements are wrong, she's about 50mm wide at the shoulders and fits great).

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...x29x44mm_.html

And just for kicks, I think this gauge panel would fit pretty good if you want to add more details:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...S_Habicht.html
warhead_71 is offline Find More Posts by warhead_71
Old Feb 13, 2013, 03:39 PM
Seflier
Joined Jun 2012
125 Posts
6Sally5/skylane/norm

Thanks for your replies and info....I contacted another pilot in my club and he volunteered to open the props up with his drill press....I dont have a reamer and I have no prior experience using one and want to ensure the hole is straight and accurate.

Cannot wait for spring to fly again on te field.

Happy Landings

Seflier