HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 06, 2013, 07:40 PM
United States, TX, Johnson City
Joined Mar 2005
1,016 Posts
My I suggest that you go with http://www.advantagehobby.com/52091/PKZ1081/
This is the PKZ 1081 servo it is a better servo it has no slop like the stock one and has the long lead so you will not have to put an extension in the wing.

Ken
Ken Smith is online now Find More Posts by Ken Smith
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 07, 2013, 12:43 AM
United States, NM, Espanola
Joined Nov 2011
547 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6Sally5 View Post
Hi guys...anybody having trouble with the battery hatch lifting off during flight?
Mine did at first so I added an extra thin magnet to each front magnet! Never budged after that
poziovahim is offline Find More Posts by poziovahim
Old Feb 07, 2013, 08:25 AM
United States, CA, Lincoln
Joined Jan 2011
712 Posts
Haha! Iron Jaw flies does fit that plane perfect, huh? I like the scarf, too. Great photography, by the way. A couple of pics are nearly indistinguishable from full scale.
6Sally5 is offline Find More Posts by 6Sally5
Old Feb 07, 2013, 08:31 AM
Joined Jan 2011
712 Posts
Thanks for the battery hatch ideas guys. A buddy has the Dynam Peaks and his hatch did the same thing. He pulled off the magnets and flipped them over. I tried that but that didnt work. I like the magnet to magnet idea...that's what Parkzone does and I've never had a hatch come off.
Old Feb 07, 2013, 01:36 PM
United States, MI, Wyandotte
Joined Jun 2011
178 Posts
I'm giving this plane serious consideration....I love the looks and from what I see the performance is what you'd expect for this one. I understand no plane is perfect out of the box, but given it's quirks would you fellas recommend this plane? I don't mind a little tweeking here and there to fine tune a good airframe. So am I correct in assuming that this planes faults are not too much to pay? Do the ends justify the means?
DejaD is offline Find More Posts by DejaD
Old Feb 07, 2013, 01:42 PM
United States, AZ, Camp Verde
Joined Jan 2007
1,286 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DejaD View Post
I'm giving this plane serious consideration....I love the looks and from what I see the performance is what you'd expect for this one. I understand no plane is perfect out of the box, but given it's quirks would you fellas recommend this plane? I don't mind a little tweeking here and there to fine tune a good airframe. So am I correct in assuming that this planes faults are not too much to pay? Do the ends justify the means?
This is a great plane for the money. I usually take this one with when going to the field. It looks beautiful and flies as good as it looks.

Terry
krazyman is offline Find More Posts by krazyman
Old Feb 07, 2013, 01:46 PM
Joined Jun 2011
178 Posts
Thanks for the reply Krazyman. I almost pulled the trigger last night but backed out at the last minute. Not sure why....just did.
Old Feb 07, 2013, 03:43 PM
United States, TX, Johnson City
Joined Mar 2005
1,016 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DejaD View Post
Thanks for the reply Krazyman. I almost pulled the trigger last night but backed out at the last minute. Not sure why....just did.
This is best flying, most fun plane I have owned been doing this for about 7 years steadly
The only problem I had was the ESC I just replaced it with a HobbyWing 40 amp Platinum that was $45.00 but still less then $170.00 for a 4 lbs 50" plane I am a happy camper. I have two, go back a few post for photos

Ken Smith
Ken Smith is online now Find More Posts by Ken Smith
Old Feb 07, 2013, 04:10 PM
Joined Jun 2011
178 Posts
I did see the photos. Great looking planes. I have read almost the entire thread and it appears ther are only a couple known issues, one being the ESC and the other appears to be the weak wing support attach points. Are those the only big hitters with this bird? I only recall one plane that needed those wings mounts reworked, does anyone else have that isssue to the point that a rework was needed? Currently, my favorite plane is my FMS Zero. Man, what a nice one that is.
Old Feb 07, 2013, 06:52 PM
Go 4th Air Force
United States, PA, Washington
Joined Sep 2011
199 Posts
I only had the ESC issue and my opinion mirrors Kens. Loads of fun, highly recommended
pmacko is offline Find More Posts by pmacko
Old Feb 07, 2013, 08:05 PM
Parkstormer!
Raleigh, NC
Joined Jan 2010
1,931 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmacko View Post
I only had the ESC issue and my opinion mirrors Kens. Loads of fun, highly recommended
+1 on this. 65 flights and counting--it goes with me every session.
GradyLee is online now Find More Posts by GradyLee
Old Feb 07, 2013, 08:13 PM
Mobyal
United States, VA, Lexington
Joined Apr 2007
272 Posts
Ordered mine yesterday....
Mobyal is offline Find More Posts by Mobyal
Old Feb 07, 2013, 09:07 PM
Joined Jun 2011
178 Posts
Ok that's all I need to hear. I'm going to order one. Hopefully my experience will be similar to those you folks have offered here. It was a toss up between this one and a T28 Trojan in 1400mm size. I REALLY like that one as well. I will keep you informed...Thanks to all you guys that have blazed the trail with this bird. Well done.
Old Feb 07, 2013, 11:15 PM
Radio-active flyer
Canada, ON, Port Hope
Joined Apr 2012
1,077 Posts
My Waco is just about ready to go on the bench, trying to finish up one kit and do some repairs on another before diving into it. Does anyone fly theirs using aileron differential? I'm curious as to what rates you would be using. I have a spare 6 ch receiver that I am going to use for it, thought I might as well take advantage of the dual aileron set up. Thanks.

Rem
Rem Fodder is offline Find More Posts by Rem Fodder
Old Feb 07, 2013, 11:18 PM
Joined Jan 2011
712 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by krazyman View Post
This is a great plane for the money. I usually take this one with when going to the field. It looks beautiful and flies as good as it looks.

Terry
Ditto...you wont be disappointed.