HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 15, 2013, 11:26 AM
USA, MI, Portage
Joined Sep 2003
779 Posts
ken, Nitro planes shows the servo.. check at the bottom of the page.

http://www.nitroplanes.com/dy8952parts.html

but, out of stock....
skylane42 is offline Find More Posts by skylane42
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 15, 2013, 11:45 AM
United States, TX, Johnson City
Joined Mar 2005
1,093 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skylane42 View Post
ken, Nitro planes shows the servo.. check at the bottom of the page.

http://www.nitroplanes.com/dy8952parts.html

but, out of stock....
Yes I know and Garyson has the servo in stock but does it have the 18" lead or is it the short one that is used on the rubber and elevator
I asked Garyson and never did get a straight answer. I sent a request to Niro asking but I am not holding my breath for an answer let alone a correct one.
I kind of got on Garyson because it appeared my question was not worth any effort to find the correct answer.

Thanks to you for looking for me

Ken Smith
Ken Smith is offline Find More Posts by Ken Smith
Old Jan 15, 2013, 01:05 PM
United States, NC, Charlotte
Joined Jan 2007
1,203 Posts
Call them they easy to reach and talk to.
Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Smith View Post
Yes I know and Garyson has the servo in stock but does it have the 18" lead or is it the short one that is used on the rubber and elevator
I asked Garyson and never did get a straight answer. I sent a request to Niro asking but I am not holding my breath for an answer let alone a correct one.
I kind of got on Garyson because it appeared my question was not worth any effort to find the correct answer.

Thanks to you for looking for me

Ken Smith
w4yn is offline Find More Posts by w4yn
Old Jan 15, 2013, 01:59 PM
Joined Mar 2005
1,093 Posts
Call who Garyson? I have called twice never had anyone answer plus sent an email asking no answer.
Ken
Old Jan 15, 2013, 05:33 PM
Scale Foam Flyer
United States, AR, Cabot
Joined Oct 2007
2,980 Posts
One thing that I find very common to the foamy model emthusiast, is preferring to purchase OEM replacement parts when something goes wrong. There are so many options out there for electronics. I am boggled by the lengths that people will go to get an OEM radio component. No offense intended..more like...suggesting that it is best to find the best value in a replacement part, rather than making sure it is identical to stock. If I have a situation where I need a long lead servo, I open the case of a servo with incorrect..and solder new servo wire to whatever length I want. (I keep rolls of servo wire handy available at Servo City and HK) I make my own servo leads whenever warranted. Maybe it is because I came to the foamy model segment after years of traditional kit building. I am just used to fabricating solutions that are generally better than OEM anyway.

-Cub
Cubcrazy is online now Find More Posts by Cubcrazy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Carbon Z Cub Floats are here!!
Old Jan 15, 2013, 05:55 PM
United States, NM, Espanola
Joined Nov 2011
550 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubcrazy View Post
One thing that I find very common to the foamy model emthusiast, is preferring to purchase OEM replacement parts when something goes wrong. There are so many options out there for electronics. I am boggled by the lengths that people will go to get an OEM radio component. No offense intended..more like...suggesting that it is best to find the best value in a replacement part, rather than making sure it is identical to stock. If I have a situation where I need a long lead servo, I open the case of a servo with incorrect..and solder new servo wire to whatever length I want. (I keep rolls of servo wire handy available at Servo City and HK) I make my own servo leads whenever warranted. Maybe it is because I came to the foamy model segment after years of traditional kit building. I am just used to fabricating solutions that are generally better than OEM anyway.

-Cub
Roger That!
Dan
poziovahim is offline Find More Posts by poziovahim
Old Jan 15, 2013, 05:58 PM
United States, NY, New York
Joined Oct 2010
1,704 Posts
Quote:

-Cub
I agree 100% with you . i make my own servo wires and i usually replace worned out oem parts with something low cost but better quailty .
i have a A-1 Skyraider (from starmax ) that i purchased from Bananna hobby . one of the retracts burned out on the first landing. i called up BH after a few tries got ahold of them . they agreed to replace . i had to ship out the damaged one,(cost me somewhere around 10.00 . they sent me a replacement 6 weeks later and it was damaged as well. i went with some other retracts after that . i learned why bother getting a oem when there bound to be super cheap or will break just as fast as the first oem . i have a Dynam Peaks(pitts special) the rudder servo(17 gram) stripped on its 2nd landing i replaced it with a power up metal gear servo which ony cost me 7.00 . i have over 20+ flights on the pitts with no problem . i dont bother calling or email the sellers to replace a part that was cheap from the get go. i take it as a wash and move on . another thing i do is i usually just order the kits and put my own parts ,but unfortunetly the Waco doesnt come as a kit . "yet"

think of it this way your buying a reciver ready plane for 130.00. four hi qualty servos will run you the price of that plane . dont expect much from the servos . esc or motor that come with these low cost planes . there bound to strip, burn out or malfunction.
THESANDMAN is offline Find More Posts by THESANDMAN
Old Jan 15, 2013, 06:14 PM
Joined Mar 2005
1,093 Posts
Add more
Quote:

-Cub
Funny thing I was just thinking that myself, not sure if I could solder the servo leads but was thinking about ordering a PZ sevo and putting that in, come to find out, I have a brand new in my pile of stuff
I don't surpose it would hurt if it have more torque then the stock one

Thanks for the idea
Ken
The PZ servo for the Trojan dropped in perfect, sometimes I get so focused on an idea I have to get hit in the face to see the trees
Last edited by Ken Smith; Jan 15, 2013 at 06:26 PM. Reason: add more
Old Jan 15, 2013, 07:00 PM
USA, MI, Portage
Joined Sep 2003
779 Posts
On replacement servos.. I had one get stripped out on a EDF. I could not get a OEM servo so I replaced it with the closest I could find. Only problem was .. the travel was not the same. I ended up trying different horns and positions in the servo arm.. Ended up very close but not exact. And when the 2 servos are on a Y .. you can`t adjust travel for the difference.
skylane42 is offline Find More Posts by skylane42
Old Jan 15, 2013, 07:12 PM
Joined Mar 2005
1,093 Posts
That is the reason I always use differential when possible, I can adjust the throw of each servo, plus I like the way it make the models turn. I have found that you can do too much and then the model flies very poorly
Thanks for the input I will be looking for that.

Ken Smith
Old Jan 15, 2013, 07:36 PM
Chop it, cut it, bash it
United States, CA, La Caņada Flintridge
Joined Jul 2011
5,711 Posts
I know everybody has weighed in, but here is my two cents. I have a drawer full of OEM cheap crappy servos that don't work or don't center. What does that tell you.
quitcherbitchen is online now Find More Posts by quitcherbitchen
Old Jan 15, 2013, 08:15 PM
United States, NY, New York
Joined Oct 2010
1,704 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by quitcherbitchen View Post
I know everybody has weighed in, but here is my two cents. I have a drawer full of OEM cheap crappy servos that don't work or don't center. What does that tell you.
it tells me that you should make some flying combat wings with the servos that do work (even if they dont center right and . do combat
THESANDMAN is offline Find More Posts by THESANDMAN
Old Jan 16, 2013, 12:23 AM
United States, CA, Lincoln
Joined Jan 2011
726 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Smith View Post
Without going into detail I managed to break an aileron servo. I am being told by Garyson Hobbies that the original servo with the 18" lead is not available, if any of you have had to replace this item., then please let me know where and P/N

Ken Smith
Yeah...something else I get to fix before even flying it! my left aileron servo sounds like it's stripping a tooth or two. Sure looks pretty sitting on top of my wife's car in the garage, tho!
6Sally5 is offline Find More Posts by 6Sally5
Old Jan 16, 2013, 02:50 AM
Monahans TX
Joined Sep 2010
1,925 Posts
For those that ordered from killerplanes...
What's the deal with the Dynam flap installation option on the Waco page?
Do they actually install flaps on the Waco if you select that option?
I didn't know there was enough room for flaps on a Waco...so, maybe it was an oversight?

Here's the link to the page:
http://www.killerplanes.com/content/...e-arf-or-rtf-0
WestTexasKing is offline Find More Posts by WestTexasKing
Old Jan 16, 2013, 03:10 AM
Scale Foam Flyer
United States, AR, Cabot
Joined Oct 2007
2,980 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skylane42 View Post
On replacement servos.. I had one get stripped out on a EDF. I could not get a OEM servo so I replaced it with the closest I could find. Only problem was .. the travel was not the same. I ended up trying different horns and positions in the servo arm.. Ended up very close but not exact. And when the 2 servos are on a Y .. you can`t adjust travel for the difference.
In a situation like that (a Y-harness) replacing both servos is the best thing to do. let's say the OEM servo on the left aileron just died...how long do you suppose the right one is going to last? Point being..just get a matched set upgrade, and not have to worry about it again for at least a while. You know what they say, not if, but when.

-Cub
Cubcrazy is online now Find More Posts by Cubcrazy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Carbon Z Cub Floats are here!!