SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 05, 2012, 12:55 PM
United States, IL, Champaign
Joined Aug 2012
956 Posts
Where did you guys put your contact info? You can see my AMA sticker in the stick pic above. My handwriting is terrible so I got a Brother P-Touch at Sam's and use the smallest font to fill out those stickers. I think they look nice that way.
jwellsy is offline Find More Posts by jwellsy
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 07, 2012, 06:16 AM
United States, TX, Johnson City
Joined Mar 2005
1,028 Posts
Looking to replace motor thought I would ask group what you are using. I would want something that will bolt it with no modifications and with same performance stock is plenty of power. I bought another Waco to paint, I will post photos later, the motor in this model is very quite. In the first model the motor make the weirdness noises I have ever heard, I have no idea if it ready to give up and stop working but I don't want to find out
Thanks
Ken Smith
Ken Smith is offline Find More Posts by Ken Smith
Old Dec 07, 2012, 06:26 AM
United States, NC, Charlotte
Joined Jan 2007
1,047 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Smith View Post
Looking to replace motor thought I would ask group what you are using. I would want something that will bolt it with no modifications and with same performance stock is plenty of power. I bought another Waco to paint, I will post photos later, the motor in this model is very quite. In the first model the motor make the weirdness noises I have ever heard, I have no idea if it ready to give up and stop working but I don't want to find out
Thanks
Ken Smith
Did you try changing timing on ESC? All my Dynams needed timing set, I did have one that shuttered at low speed and it turned out to be ESC, Grayson sent a new on, luckly it failed on maiden but still on runway.
TTim
w4yn is offline Find More Posts by w4yn
Old Dec 07, 2012, 08:08 AM
United States, TN, Nashville
Joined Mar 2012
27 Posts
Two things...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Smith View Post
Thanks
Ken Smith
1. I have had a Dynam motor on one of my planes begin making an odd noise and then eventually lockup. When I removed the motor, I found that the retaining ring on the rear of the shaft had come off of the shaft and become jammed in the interior of the motor. I replaced the locking ring and everything returned to normal.

2. Grayson Hobby sells replacement Dynam motors under the heading Airplane Parts/Misc, and complete Dynam power train and servo packs under Flight Packs:

http://www.graysonhobby.com/catalog/...c-134_178.html

http://www.graysonhobby.com/catalog/...acks-c-40.html

Tango_Romeo is offline Find More Posts by Tango_Romeo
Old Dec 07, 2012, 08:43 AM
Joined Aug 2012
956 Posts
Grayson also sells Dynam OEM replacement motor shafts. When my firewall came loose, I thought my shaft had bent So I ordered a replacement motor and a couple of extra shafts. Now I keep a spare motor and shaft in my flight box so I can triage it at the field if need be.

http://www.graysonhobby.com/catalog/...s-c-21_72.html
Old Dec 07, 2012, 09:17 AM
Joined Mar 2005
1,028 Posts
Thanks guys I went to Grayson and looked under airplane parts and motors but did not see this
Ken Smith
Old Dec 08, 2012, 07:31 AM
United States, NM, Espanola
Joined Nov 2011
547 Posts
coming soon...70" Yak 54

Had to share this: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...4#post23466269
poziovahim is offline Find More Posts by poziovahim
Old Dec 08, 2012, 12:00 PM
Joined Aug 2012
956 Posts
I am much more excited about the new Dynam Tiger Moth that's coming out.

New Dynam Tiger Moth Bi-Plane Review (11 min 18 sec)
Old Dec 08, 2012, 05:42 PM
Joined Jan 2007
1,047 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwellsy View Post
I am much more excited about the new Dynam Tiger Moth that's coming out.

http://youtu.be/m-2DTEW_UZo
High on my Xmas wish list!
Tim
Old Dec 08, 2012, 05:51 PM
Joined Jan 2007
1,047 Posts
Rough crash today, lost control mybe LVC but it would not respond and hit on cooler and landing gear. Tore gear out, my reinfocing balsa stayed in place though. No other damage. I the metal plate was not glued at all. I filled space where the plastic anchors were with epoxy and epoxied plate in. will probably tear out larger area next time.
This is such a great plane I plan on new build from sctatch this winter with new wings fuselage and tail and incorporate all the mods again maybe a few additional. Need to check ESC LVC setting before flying again.
Tim
Old Dec 08, 2012, 09:13 PM
Joined Mar 2012
27 Posts
My fix...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwellsy View Post
This is what I did.

The Stick.
Attachment 5349257

What Latches?
Attachment 5349259

Open.
Attachment 5349264

Closed.
Attachment 5349265

This hatch isn't going anywhere.
That's a great fix.

I corrected the issue in mine by simply placing a small button magnet on top of each metal plate in the fuselage...no glue necessary. These 'hatch magnets' come in three sizes at most hobby shops. I used the smallest size and they fill-in the gap caused by the sunken metal plates in the fuselage making for a perfectly level fit on the cover.
Old Dec 08, 2012, 09:19 PM
Joined Mar 2012
27 Posts
Disappointed...

I suppose I'm a bit naive, but I am surprised to see that Nitroplanes is editing reviews on the website. They solicited a review on the Waco from me via email, but did not post it....I can only conclude that it is because I did not give the plane a 5-star rating because of the crumbling strut attachment points.

However, I will say that Grayson Hobby did publish a review that covered this negative.

I guess I know which site's reviews to believe and which to ignore now.
Old Dec 09, 2012, 01:58 PM
Joined Mar 2005
1,028 Posts
This model begs to be re-painted, one of my all time favorite colors and paints is Testors 1214 Yellow the other good point is there are small bottles so you can do touch ups easily. The same can be said of the other paint Testors 1124 Green, I chose these colors as I watching the Ducks on TV. To say the least it does stand out in the air, really very pretty.
I am in process of re-painting the first Waco I got as a Nazi trainer without the wheel pants
I must say that out of the 18 models I have including four other biplanes this the one I want fly, I am still thinking about getting the Eflite Albatross that is coming out but then I think $334.00 for the model plus an additional $600.00 or so the to finish it,batteries , servos and other stuff. Then I ask myself would I fly it or the Waco, doesn't look good for the Albatross or the Eflite Super Cub for that matter.
On both models I was lucky that all plastic strut attachments were rock solid and I wanted to ask how did it work out for the ones have troubles in the area.
Thanks
Ken Smith
Be Safe
Last edited by Ken Smith; Dec 10, 2012 at 09:02 AM. Reason: add photos
Old Dec 12, 2012, 07:50 AM
Parkstormer!
Raleigh, NC
Joined Jan 2010
1,933 Posts
I finished putting mine together last night, and used a pilot from an E-Flite PT-17. It was an easy build and everything fit together pretty well; all the electronics seemed to be working fine, so I left it "stock" for now. Maiden this weekend!
GradyLee is offline Find More Posts by GradyLee
Old Dec 13, 2012, 09:32 AM
Joined Mar 2005
1,028 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GradyLee View Post
I finished putting mine together last night, and used a pilot from an E-Flite PT-17. It was an easy build and everything fit together pretty well; all the electronics seemed to be working fine, so I left it "stock" for now. Maiden this weekend!
I used the same pilot but I put a liitle step under him to raise him up, as it was he was below the windshield.
You are going to love this model it is the best and most fun to fly out of 19 models I have. Watch the stock ESC as I waiting for mine to come in there were commits in the thread about the stock ones failing, so I got a replacement ordered and on the second flight it did just that. When I order the above plane I ordered a repalcement without waiting for it fail. Hate crashing models

Ken Smith
Be Safe