HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 06, 2012, 02:12 PM
Laugh NOT at King Tupitos
Pleasant Valley Modelport
Joined Sep 2006
8,760 Posts
Question
Mass Shootings, Mass Produced ?

Seems everytime I look at the news there is a recent mass shooting. I'm thinking, man, this is like some sort of mass production factory operation, churning these fuzz brains out. How are they doing it ? I think it's time to look closely at why this is happening.
I think we are going through a period of pressure from social changes. The younger generation is having so much put on them to be tough, we get a vast majority of pushy insulting but usefully strong population. Must be we will have to be on the lookout for those who can't fully adjust.
I remember in the 80's there was the Postal era when old guys got mad and went to McDonalds. I think they wanted to punch a hole in that stupid clown that ruined their bedtime fantasies then said what the heck and did the lunchroom too.
Chophop is offline Find More Posts by Chophop
Old Aug 06, 2012, 02:35 PM
Denver, CO
Joined Dec 2005
6,315 Posts
Almost all have been using phyciatric drugs. And / or under the influence of deranged guidance.
Roto Rob is offline Find More Posts by Roto Rob
Old Aug 06, 2012, 06:19 PM
HANDS UP! DON'T SHOOT!
United States, CA, SF
Joined Apr 2011
192 Posts

rcposter is online now Find More Posts by rcposter
Old Aug 06, 2012, 06:43 PM
Who, ME?
Euclid Ohio
Joined May 2005
306 Posts
Well, there's definitely an acceleration in the last 20 years. When I was young you heard about this stuff maybe once every 10 years or so. The Decline and Fall of Western Civilization?
dll932 is offline Find More Posts by dll932
Old Aug 06, 2012, 06:52 PM
Joined Jan 2008
1,202 Posts
We have something over 300 million people in the USA. If we have a unique mass shooting once a week for a year that is @ one shooter per 5.8 million people. That suggests that a small country with only 5.8 million people should average @ one mass shooting per year. Is that the case?
Jim Thomerson is offline Find More Posts by Jim Thomerson
Old Aug 06, 2012, 08:06 PM
Joined Sep 2006
8,760 Posts
It's almost like some sport now, and the winner gets a place at the devil's throne. One person out of 5.8 million is too many to me.
Old Aug 06, 2012, 09:03 PM
HANDS UP! DON'T SHOOT!
United States, CA, SF
Joined Apr 2011
192 Posts
Old Aug 06, 2012, 09:19 PM
Joined Sep 2006
8,760 Posts
Well I just hope I turn on the tv and there won't be any more of it.
Old Aug 06, 2012, 09:23 PM
HANDS UP! DON'T SHOOT!
United States, CA, SF
Joined Apr 2011
192 Posts

Old Aug 06, 2012, 09:36 PM
Who, ME?
Euclid Ohio
Joined May 2005
306 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chophop View Post
Well I just hope I turn on the tv and there won't be any more of it.
I know; anticipation with dread.
Old Aug 06, 2012, 09:37 PM
Who, ME?
Euclid Ohio
Joined May 2005
306 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chophop View Post
It's almost like some sport now, and the winner gets a place at the devil's throne. One person out of 5.8 million is too many to me.
Truly.
Old Aug 06, 2012, 09:44 PM
ein flugel schplinterizer
USA, FL, Pensacola
Joined Sep 2004
5,081 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dll932 View Post
Well, there's definitely an acceleration in the last 20 years. When I was young you heard about this stuff maybe once every 10 years or so. The Decline and Fall of Western Civilization?
^^^^This.

Statistically speaking the averages aren't that out of line but there is no doubt that something is in the air. A lot of people are walking on edge. Between drugs, technology and divisiveness in this country you have a real powder keg.

I was just reading a local article about a massive fight breaking out at Pensacola Beach boardwalk this weekend. Took a lot of cops to calm that down. Not too many years ago we all headed out there on a weekend night to get the ladies in a "good frame of mind". The beach was all about party time. Nowadays there is an underlying tension in the air and it's no longer advisable to head that way. I could go into details as to why it;s that way but I would be called names here even though it's 100% reality.

Even on the highways. I see potential road rage situations. Had two guys in a POS Mustang threaten me a couple of days ago because they perceived my driving the speed limit as a personal affront to their rapid lane change.

That's why I stick close to home anymore. I'm working daily to turn my home into a paradise of peace, relaxation and good feelings. I never thought I would see the day that going somewhere like the beach or to a popular bar would have a potential for confrontation ,. I just thank my lucky stars that I don't live somewhere like Atlanta, or LA.
seanpcola is offline Find More Posts by seanpcola
Old Aug 06, 2012, 09:49 PM
Happy Trees
Colorady
Joined Mar 2005
1,332 Posts
The Hollywood elitists who are brain washing people with the crap they sell. Not many other options out there for young people other then the violent, disturbed, social peer pressure they market and sell today.
Then they get on their high horse, after pocketing money from it, and denounce the culture they are engineering.
TV included.

Damn hypocrites is what they are.
They sell this crap, yet ignore real news.....
Like whats going on in Mexico..not a peep from MSM.
Google Mexico protests, not sure why they are scrubbing the news and net of it here in the USA. Calling it 10's of thousands, looks like millions. OK, rant off.
m4rs is offline Find More Posts by m4rs
Old Aug 06, 2012, 09:54 PM
Who, ME?
Euclid Ohio
Joined May 2005
306 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by m4rs View Post
The Hollywood elitists who are brain washing people with the crap they sell. Not many other options out there for young people other then the violent, disturbed, social peer pressure they market and sell today.
Then they get on their high horse, after pocketing money from it, and denounce the culture they are engineering.
TV included.

Damn hypocrites is what they are.
They will argue they're just giving people what they want, but I think it's a chicken & egg. Also, just because the fool on the corner is handing out dollar bills doesn't mean it's OK to take them.
Old Aug 06, 2012, 10:22 PM
California
Joined Feb 2005
1,519 Posts
The moral panic constructed learning of these statistically rare events are more of an issue , and have a greater impact of the general welfare of society than the events themselves as terrible as they are. We all know that these events are shoveled out in distorted ways to influence some call for action. It's a business. A few people in this thread understand this. American's need to pull themselves away from the canvas, and calm down.
freddy warbird is offline Find More Posts by freddy warbird