HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 24, 2012, 01:05 PM
Utah Tom
USA, UT, Roy
Joined Oct 2004
28 Posts
Can you go over the correct way to use and apply Gorilla glue to foam.

Thanks Tom
htomnlinda is offline Find More Posts by htomnlinda
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 25, 2012, 07:12 PM
Eagle, Idaho
Joined Feb 2010
243 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWAMPER View Post
hows the spit coming along any news on when they may be ready to ship
getting my kids off to school has been very time consuming I am back working on it again today. I here are some more pictures of the latest build.

notice the extreme detail of the lower wing saddle. The carbon rods from the wing plug into the dihedral braces in the saxdl. You can also see the magnets in the picture.

I spent a lot of time getting the pocket just right for the aileron servo. It now takes a 9g servo and is further recessed.

I hope to get this build together tonight and painted.

SlowBipe
SlowBipe is offline Find More Posts by SlowBipe
Old Sep 03, 2012, 02:27 PM
Joined Feb 2009
260 Posts
my slowbipe needs a new friend to fly with
SWAMPER is offline Find More Posts by SWAMPER
Old Sep 29, 2012, 07:07 AM
France, PACA, Grasse
Joined Dec 2006
80 Posts
Any updates.....
CJGFX is offline Find More Posts by CJGFX
Old Oct 09, 2012, 07:33 PM
Joined Feb 2009
260 Posts
any new news on the spit ?
Old Feb 16, 2013, 12:06 PM
France, PACA, Grasse
Joined Dec 2006
80 Posts
What are your plans for the Slow Spit, are you going to shelf it permanently or do you think you'll come back to it at some point and make it into a production kit. I know there are a few people wondering what the plan is for this plane?
Old Feb 16, 2013, 12:58 PM
Eagle, Idaho
Joined Feb 2010
243 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJGFX View Post
What are your plans for the Slow Spit, are you going to shelf it permanently or do you think you'll come back to it at some point and make it into a production kit. I know there are a few people wondering what the plan is for this plane?
We are definitely not shelving it completely. It is a great design and is nearly done. Health and family issues have kept me from completing.

I am working to make my planes easier and faster to build. This will make it practical to keep these products going.

Thanks, SlowBipe
Old Feb 16, 2013, 01:42 PM
United States, KY
Joined Sep 2011
100 Posts
Take care of your health and family, we can wait on the planes. Good to see you post again.
blurted is offline Find More Posts by blurted
Old Feb 16, 2013, 02:11 PM
United States, CA, Salinas
Joined Jan 2011
31 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blurted View Post
Take care of your health and family, we can wait on the planes. Good to see you post again.
Same here.
ljlwestcoast is online now Find More Posts by ljlwestcoast
Old Feb 25, 2013, 07:51 AM
Joined Feb 2009
260 Posts
i will save a spot on the wall, hope all is better on your end soon
Old Oct 26, 2013, 04:39 PM
France, PACA, Grasse
Joined Dec 2006
80 Posts
I know that SlowBipe has been busy looking after the family and health. I've seen you recently do a post of the GiantBipe so I hope all is on the up for you and your family?
Have you had time to progress any further with the SlowSpit and would it be possible for some plans?
I've recently tried making a simple warbird, but I'm obviously just not a good enough pilot yet for these planes. I've had hours of fun with the MiniBipe I imported from you and I can't believe that it still going after all the bumps and bruises it's had. Hopefully for Christmas I'm getting my son a transmitter and buddy box cable so I can teach him to fly on it too.
If there is a chance of some plans, I'd love to develop the SlowSpit and have a nice easy flying warbird….

Regards,

CJGFX
Old Oct 30, 2013, 11:59 AM
Eagle, Idaho
Joined Feb 2010
243 Posts
CJGFX,

Send me an email at SlowBipeSales@gmail.com and we can talk about it.

Thanks, SlowBipe
Old Jun 25, 2014, 06:30 AM
Joined Jan 2014
226 Posts
Hi,
First -fascinating planes. Well done...

Then - I notice that the last post to this thread was just on 8 months ago. Has development on the slow Spit ceased? If not - any progress you can report?

Regards,
Duncan
rtfmaero is offline Find More Posts by rtfmaero
Old Jul 17, 2014, 04:42 PM
Eagle, Idaho
Joined Feb 2010
243 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtfmaero View Post
Hi,
First -fascinating planes. Well done...

Then - I notice that the last post to this thread was just on 8 months ago. Has development on the slow Spit ceased? If not - any progress you can report?

Regards,
Duncan
Hey guys, I just got back on this design again. I cut out 4 kits for a guy in the UK who asked nicely several times. It's probably one of you guys on this thread. Then my wife made me take a vacation in Hawaii with her. Low and behold I broke my collar bone riding a wave on my belly (which was not design for that) as it crashed me down on the sand.

That was 2 weeks ago. Tomorrow I have surgery to have the collar bone pieced back together. Hopefully I will be back and running quickly and designing and selling new planes.

I really think this is a good design. It is a bit more work than the MiniBipe because it has so much carbon rod in it. Let me know what you guys think as far as kit verses ARF? I am afraid that gluing in all of the carbon rods will prove to make the kit too expensive. If that could be done by the buyer it could be less.

SlowBipe
Old Jul 22, 2014, 10:37 PM
United States, GA, Lawrenceville
Joined Apr 2013
238 Posts
I like to build and I like cheap. Love my mini bipe too. Gluing in the carbon is fine by me.
ringo42 is offline Find More Posts by ringo42