HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by evltoy, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Aug 28, 2012, 11:56 AM
I'd rather be flying
United States, NY, Saratoga Springs
Joined Jan 2009
1,147 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by evltoy View Post
Going to be tough... tell me about it

I do have a multimeter that can be used to check if the driver transistors are any good. In fact it has a NPN & PNP port for me to stick the transistors into.

Only problem.. I dont know how to use it as I have never needed to at school (10yrs ago).

If it helps the meter I have is a Jaytech QM1530
You can use the diode checker on your meter too which is what I would do so you don't have to remove the entire transistor. Its up to you though. You will need to google the transistor and find out which is the Base(B) , Collector(C), Emitter (E). The attached pic may help you to determine which is which.
Check out this video:
How to test a transistor (0 min 36 sec)

Using the diode checker on the meter, for a good transistor in one direction you will have continuity and the other direction you will not..(when checking from 'B' to 'E' or from 'B' to 'C'). A bad transistor will show continuity in BOTH directions.
baddb1 is offline Find More Posts by baddb1
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts